Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii-make Me

david.dakota

I bet the Wiimote could offer up loads of paranormal ghostly potential!

As i recall, Geist's main issues were less than perfect framerate (easily sorted with Wii's boost in power) and some less than perfect FPS controls (again, easily fixed with IR aiming). There is no reason for Nintendo not to re-publish Geist as, at the very least, a New Play Control title. And i certainly hope they do.

Geist Gametrailers Review:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/7353.html

haha, even in this form Geist would be right up their in terms of Wii visuals!

It terms of gameplay/visuals etc... it actually looks better than I remember at the time.

I think in a sequal they should obviously make it so you can take control of pretty much EVERYTHING! take away the glowing hint system and make it just as much a puzzler as a FPS.

In a Zack & Wiki sense, when in ghost form you should have to work out how to use you environment to complete scenarios/scare situations and then move on.

After watching that I'd LOVE a sequel if done right!

Geist is actually a game I'd personnally see it the other way around, I'd rather see a sequel instead of a remake.. Oh I'd love a sequel.

Yeah, but I don't have it on the GC so a Wiimake would suit me in the case of Geist. :heh:

Jet force gemini, Blast Corps and Pilotwings 64 pleeeease.

Luigi's Mansion too, but I'd prefer a direct sequal to that one.

A Luigi's Mansion sequel obviously just makes too much sense for Nintendo to do it. :(

I quite fancy an enhanced Metroid II (kept in 2D) and 3D remakes of Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.

I'm for an HD remake of Ocarina of Time (and Wind Waker) on the Wii 2 as well. Widescreen, 1080p, better frame-rate... there are quite a lot of improvements to be had. Characters should be kept exactly in the same proportions though, with the same camera angles.

I don't think remakes of 2D games into 3D is a good idea personally. They were going to do it with Zelda before it turned into Ocarina of Time. The made a 3D version of the original NES game before deciding to create a new one. I just wouldn't like to run through the same game from a different perspective.

Wii makes of Gamecube games on the other hand, especially rarer ones or FPS's make more sense to me.

Ultimately I reckon I'd rather have a new game rather than a Wiimake of something that I already have. Stuff like Ten Eighty, Waverace, Lylat Wars etc would do better to see a proper all new sequel, like mcj metroid says above. I wish we were getting a new Mario Tennis rather than the New Play Control! edition.

Having said that, hows about a Wiimake of Geist and Second Sight!

yes I cannot understand why they are remaking mario tennis.. It's the type of game that should have waited for motion plus and had an ground up version made.

I mean let's face it with pikmin it works well but the use of motion is minimal compared to a game that uses it for everything.

Stupid game to remake I think.

It's a given that we'll be seeing most of the GameCube's big franchises, I'm hoping that there will be a decent amount of more obscure games too though (like Chibi-Robo). Here's my wishlist - I haven't played a lot of them, but I would like to...

- Cubivore - This intrigued me when I first got my GameCube and started to read NGC. I loved the overall style and concept, and, being a general gaming noob at that point, was quite dismayed when I found out what NTSC-only meant after much searching in GAME. Reviews were mixed apparently, but I'd love it if we could get a Play On Wii remake from Nintendo/Atlus.

- Doshin the Giant - Those crazy Yanks would love to get their hands on this. A Wii remake could pave the way for a much more expanded sequel, allowing you to do many more god-like things such as smiting your people with thunderbolts, bringing a plague onto their houses and parting seas.

- Odama - This was just so odd, but so brilliantly original. Sequels are out of the picture, but I think the original deserves another chance on a console where it's not a swansong title.

- Kururin Squash! - A Japan-only follow-up to the brilliant Kuru Kuru Kururin on the GBA. Again, awesome concept, and I'd love it if they'd bring this title over and actually continue it with new installments. Just don't make it 3D. Its casual, bite-sized nature is perfect for WiiWare/DSiWare.

- Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg - I know H-o-T is a fan of this one and will agree with my call for a remake and further new titles. ;) La la la la la la la la laaa la la la la la la la la!

- Four Swords - A remake of Adventures or a new title would be fine with me. DS-Wii connectivity would obviously be simpler, less costly, and more fun than the GameCube set-up.

- Tetra's Trackers - Japan-exclusive at the moment, but again the DS-Wii connectivity could make things simpler. As it was supposed to be an inclusion in Four Swords Adventures, this should fit on WiiWare.