Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Noby Noby Boy

Choze

What's wrong with it looking childish? It's a completely superficial aspect to the game. It's like slamming an El Greco because the figures aren't more within the proportional bounds of realism.

The desire for something to conform to being 'socially acceptable' is bizarre. What do you even mean by 'socially acceptable'?

Plus, it's a nice break from being grown-up...

...although I hardly partake in that anyway.

I am all for these new games and the new art-style because it is different and explores new things, but with Noby Noby Boy I don't think I could enjoy it because it isn't really my style and everyone else would think I'm a complete arse if I bought it.

This is just me being silly so ignore, it's just I wouldn't buy the game.

I'm not having a go I just want to understand your thought process. (It may sound like I'm joking but I'm genuinely interested. End of the day it's not going to effect me if you like it or not. :smile: )

You find the cartoon art-style too off-putting to spend £3.19 on it?

and

You don't want to buy it because of what other people may think of you?

I'm not having a go I just want to understand your thought process. (It may sound like I'm joking but I'm genuinely interested. End of the day it's not going to effect me if you like it or not. :smile: )

You find the cartoon art-style too off-putting to spend £3.19 on it?

and

You don't want to buy it because of what other people may think of you?

Well personally I know I wouldn't enjoy it because it is so child-like - for me I would feel embarassed because there is little between it and playing with a dolls house. My friends would laugh too.

I'd rather have 6 Wispa Bars lol.

Well personally I know I wouldn't enjoy it because it is so child-like - for me I would feel embarassed because there is little between it and playing with a dolls house. My friends would laugh too.

I'd rather have 6 Wispa Bars lol.

Alright. If I'm honest, I don't fully get that.

Sounds like you're a bit self-conscious (and you're hardly the only one). I guess my thinking is, if it's fun, why does anything else matter? But then I play SingStar and people laugh at me when I tell them that...

But I think it's pretty funny people react that way. I'm not embarrassed I have fun. :heh:

None of this is a meant to be a criticism, if it seems that way sorry, just me thinking aloud. :smile:

In the end, it's just a game. In the grand scheme of things it means nothing.

and everyone else would think I'm a complete arse if I bought it.

Just read that back and you'll see that's pretty pathetic. Games should be bought for enjoyment and not how you think other people will perceive you.

I might buy this later, but I have £2.44 in my PSN wallet already and I'd have to add £5 for some stupid reason to buy it. I really wish they wouldn't force you to fund in set increments, especially since a lot of download costs aren't multiples of 5 and 10.

I don't think that's pathetic, I know to you it probably seems it but I would feel stupid for playing Noby, it's a really childish game. I love Singstar, I like dancing, but I really don't think this game would be enjoyable for me.

I don't see the appeal and don't like the art-style... Don't see why I should have to argue my opinion, if you think the game is good then fine, good on you.

Just read that back and you'll see that's pretty pathetic. Games should be bought for enjoyment and not how you think other people will perceive you.

I might buy this later, but I have £2.44 in my PSN wallet already and I'd have to add £5 for some stupid reason to buy it. I really wish they wouldn't force you to fund in set increments, especially since a lot of download costs aren't multiples of 5 and 10.

You can just spend the necessary amount on the game. I think the buy now does it? It just adds the difference into the wallet.

You can just spend the necessary amount on the game. I think the buy now does it? It just adds the difference into the wallet.

Obviously you spend the necessary amount otherwise it wouldn't be the price stated. But the disappointing thing is that if you don't quite have that amount in your wallet you have to put in a round figure rather than the amount required. It's like phone topups.

I don't think that's pathetic, I know to you it probably seems it but I would feel stupid for playing Noby, it's a really childish game. I love Singstar, I like dancing, but I really don't think this game would be enjoyable for me.

I don't see the appeal and don't like the art-style... Don't see why I should have to argue my opinion, if you think the game is good then fine, good on you.

It's not that your opinion is that you don't like the art-style that is pathetic (as that's a perfectly rational reason to not like a game), it's stating that you wouldn't buy it because people would think you're an arse that is pretty shallow.

That's fair enough.

I'm enjoying it but I can't really tell why tbh. :heh:

Obviously you spend the necessary amount otherwise it wouldn't be the price stated. But the disappointing thing is that if you don't quite have that amount in your wallet you have to put in a round figure rather than the amount required. It's like phone topups.

It's not that your opinion is that you don't like the art-style that is pathetic (as that's a perfectly rational reason to not like a game), it's stating that you wouldn't buy it because people would think you're an arse that is pretty shallow.

That's not the main reason why I am not going to buy it though. If I did buy it however I would be laughed at, just saying this because it is that weird and that juvenile. I got a few sneers when I first got LBP but I didn't mind because I knew it was a good game.

I have been meaning to download this but what with SFIV and Killzone, I don't think I could give it the attention it deserves.

You don't have to add funds in Multiples of 5 and 10. 5 is just the minimum amount, so if a game costs £6.99, you can add £6.99 to your wallet.

I have been meaning to download this but what with SFIV and Killzone, I don't think I could give it the attention it deserves.

You don't have to add funds in Multiples of 5 and 10. 5 is just the minimum amount, so if a game costs £6.99, you can add £6.99 to your wallet.

Yeah but it's been the odd thing here and there that's very cheap and I've already had some cash, but just slightly short of the amount. Like the odd thing in Home (don't ask why, it was just at the time) and now this. It's kinda annoying having to add £5 each time, spend part of it, then add £5 again. :/