NEurope
Dante

Mass Effect 2

Hopefully they sort the hair out this time...

review wise, I think I'll wait to read the Eurogamer one. I trust them more than any other site I can think of.

The hair was not too bad last time, there were some ugly styles but you could hardly expect a Lara Croft plait or an Emover in the military.

Actually I just meant the shadow glitch you got with a fringe. fudge knows how that got out of testing.

Ah yeah I remember that. I thought you just meant the lack of variety. It always blows my mind that games are launched with graphics clipping on their main character. Even ones without customisation often have weapons poking through coats and things like that. Laziness.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Even if you have 100 combinations of equipment on something like ME, there's no excuse for that gear, part of the core experience, failing to interact convincingly.

It's ok in something like WoW, but not ME

I seriously can not wait for this. I have seen absolutely no footage of this, so hopefully I can still avoid everything. My only concern is that Bioshock 2 is just round the corner. I may explode from too much excitement.

I seriously can not wait for this. I have seen absolutely no footage of this, so hopefully I can still avoid everything. My only concern is that Bioshock 2 is just round the corner. I may explode from too much excitement.

Couldn't agree more! Definatly a busy start to the year with games! Ive only watched a trailer for this so im pretty spoiler free! Same with Bioshock 2 as well!

Same here. Haven't only watched a video about the Vanguard class. So almost no spoilers for me.

The game will arrive just at the start of a weekend which is perfect :)

Cannot wait.

I seriously can not wait for this. I have seen absolutely no footage of this, so hopefully I can still avoid everything.

Same for me :D until I accidentally saw 1 second of footage when it jumped in my face at the cinema. I love to remain spoiler free and it's only just over 2 weeks away now!

I've tried to avoid the massive amount of footage for this, but my curiousity has failed me a few times! Must.. try.. to avoid..!

But I just can't wait. D:

I've seen a little. Hopefully not too much though.

Just emailed my magazine guy. Hopefully won't have to pay for this :heh:

Dunno how this price compares but...

You can preorder this for a limited time at HMV for £27.99

Norwegian newspaper DagBladet is reporting DLC will likely be available day one or soon thereafter for Mass Effect 2. DagBladet says the usual items like armor and weapons will be available, but also other things, such as an unlockable planet and even a new ally by the name of Zaeed Messani, the grizzled bounty hunter pictured above. The piece also mentions an in-game store for unlocking DLC called "Cerberus Network," which sounds a lot like Dragon Age: Origins' DLC platform.

Source: Joystiq

Well file this under rumour but I hope it's true. Just as well I got the Collectors Edition as I probably would have got the DLC anyway so saved the hassle of buying MS points and all that business. Does make me wonder how much DLC is going to be free to CE owners.

Source: Joystiq

Well file this under rumour but I hope it's true. Just as well I got the Collectors Edition as I probably would have got the DLC anyway so saved the hassle of buying MS points and all that business. Does make me wonder how much DLC is going to be free to CE owners.

Me too, and am pretty glad as I missed out on all of the downloadable content on ME1, so I'm glad it comes with it :)

Even though that £27 deal is pretty tempting, I'm sticking with my collectors edition. Considering I'm not even buying it :P

Me too, and am pretty glad as I missed out on all of the downloadable content on ME1, so I'm glad it comes with it :)

If you're interested the first game's DLC is the Deal of the Week as of the 18th; Gold Live accounts only, I'm afraid. Each bit is 240MSP as opposed to the usual 400, and whilst I don't consider Pinnacle Station really worth bothering with — it's just a bunch of combat arenas, not exactly the first game's strong suit — Bring Down the Sky is a nice bit of content.

My understanding is that everyone that buys a new copy of Mass Effect 2 will be eligible for some day-one DLC, much like Dragon Age. Presumably the collector's edition comes with an extra piece gratis, again like BioWare's previous game.

If you're interested the first game's DLC is the Deal of the Week as of the 18th; Gold Live accounts only, I'm afraid. Each bit is 240MSP as opposed to the usual 400, and whilst I don't consider Pinnacle Station really worth bothering with — it's just a bunch of combat arenas, not exactly the first game's strong suit — Bring Down the Sky is a nice bit of content.

My understanding is that everyone that buys a new copy of Mass Effect 2 will be eligible for some day-one DLC, much like Dragon Age. Presumably the collector's edition comes with an extra piece gratis, again like BioWare's previous game.

I remember reading somewhere that the content for CE owners will be exclusive and never released to the public. Does make sense but we'll see. Seriously can't wait it's so close :grin:

Agreed, it's ridiculous, if the content was ready along with the game, it should've been in the game. When I pay money for DLC I justify it by saying to myself "I'm paying for work the team has done since the development completed, since I paid for the full game".

Addressing rumors posted by Norwegian newspaper DagBladet (via Joystiq) today, BioWare says any launch day downloadable content they make available for Mass Effect 2 will be free. Details are expected to arrive next week.

"BioWare will not be charging extra for any new Mass Effect 2 content on launch day," the company wrote on its Twitter account. "More DLC details next week."

Source: IGN

Well looks like day one DLC is free anyways. God knows what us CE owners are getting then with the VIP access..

Awesome! I might have to invest into this.. Although I did just buy Dragon Age to try and wittle away the days till this comes out :P

And the fact that day 1 DLC is free is really good, but it makes you wonder what the CE DLC is.. Hmmmm

BioWare™, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today revealed ‘The Cerberus Network’, an in-game portal in Mass Effect 2 that will keep fans engaged with the rich and dynamic Mass Effect universe through downloadable content (DLC) and news. ‘The Cerberus Network’ is activated exclusively by original purchasers of Mass Effect 2 through a single-use unlock code that comes included in retail and digital versions of the game worldwide. ‘The Cerberus Network’ is a conduit for players to receive bonus content as well as daily messages and news on upcoming releases for Mass Effect 2 for no extra charge. For players who do not buy the game new, ‘The Cerberus Network’ can be unlocked through a one-time, in-game purchase of a new activation code

Source: TeamXbox

Right, so the code that comes in the Collectors Edition is effectively available to everyone. Good one. Now i'm debating whether to just get the standard edition...

Forgot to post this when I discovered it but Play.com now have exclusivity to the Terminus Armour preorder bonus, Amazon (as far as I know) have the Inferno Armour, and Game still have the special edition.

Just realised I haven't got a preorder in for this yet. Any good deals around?