N-Europe

Will a PC mouse work on a laptop?

Pancake

I used a M-F USB cable to move my wireless adaptor (for the mouse) to the desk, and it improves the signal greatly.

If its a decent wireless mouse you shouldn't have difficulty. (logitech!)

Some of them label the mice as laptop specific just because they are portable and small, that's all. Just a label.

The person that made that comment has no clue what they're talking about. As the mouse in question was exactly what they recommended (a RF mouse). Only a wireless pointer, similar to a TV or Wii remote would need Line of Sight, a PC mouse uses either bluetooth wireless, which doesn't need LoS or it uses RF(Radio Frequencies) which also doesn't need LoS.

As long as your Laptop has a normal USB port (the two on the right)

usb.jpg

You should be fine. Plug it in and go, if not most come with a CD that has drivers on it, but I've never had to use one of those disc.

I'm shopping for a mouse for my laptop, but i'm seeing the nicest ones aren't laptop specific. Does it matter? I'm just assuming they'll still work (it's a corded one i want).

You will sometimes see mice labeled that they're for laptops, its just a marketing thing though. USB and Bluetooth mice are a standard and they should just work with any computer.