NEurope
Tellyn

THQ Wireless Division Restructuring

It means I prefer Tellyn to have a big exclusive new than THQ being still active.

ah, now it makes sense.

Hang on guys, my source has gotten in touch with me again. Information to follow.

I think he is giving you the run around on this.

I think he is giving you the run around on this.

Thanks for your concern, I've run it as a rumour. Apologies have been sent to all the right people in regards to the first article, but we'll see where this bit of more specific info goes.

I don't blame anyone for not believing this, all I can say is that, contrary to what the folk over at NeoGAF are saying, it's not an attempt to get pagehits.

I don't blame anyone for not believing this, all I can say is that, contrary to what the folk over at NeoGAF are saying, it's not an attempt to get pagehits.

I made that thread over there! lol

Wasnt trying to get this site in trouble I did label it with a ? straight away though. Which I think you should have done to no offence lol. This site is banned at neogaf and this wont do anything to help its reputation. I know its not your fault that it was wrong but it is your fault that you didnt put any doubt at all to the story.

In that sense you were going for hits.

Is pagehits really all one word? Every time I see it here I have to stop and look at it to figure out what it is. Is it spaghetti or is it some disease called pagehitis...? Nope, just page hits. (Pagehits?)

Uh, thanks? I made a mistake Haden, I was in a rush and about to go out and do some filming for media studies, I used my best judgement and made it news as the source is trustworthy. I wasn't going for hits.

THQ have confirmed that a restructuring is going on in Woking, which is what I reported earlier on from my source. He declined to comment further on what my source told me.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12823

THQ have contacted N-Europe to confirm a restructuring of their European wireless subsidiary.

A few wires were crossed between N-Europe and our source today. We ran two articles which suggested that THQ were in financial trouble and were due to close, and that their Woking division had closed down earlier today.

THQ's European head of PR, Sam Forrest, got back to N-Europe with an official statement to clear up this messy situation.

"Today, we advised our staff of a restructuring of our wireless subsidiary in Europe. That’s all that has happened. The remainder of the Woking based THQ operation were unaffected by this restructure in the wireless subsidiary."

Our source also got back to us with information that THQ Wireless would be closing down, with only the iPhone sectors left intact. Unfortunately, Mr. Forrest couldn't comment on this, but we're sure more information will officially emerge over the coming days.

We would like to offer our apologies to THQ for our earlier inaccuracies, and our thanks to Sam Forrest for providing an official response.

Uh, thanks? I made a mistake Haden, I was in a rush and about to go out and do some filming for media studies, I used my best judgement and made it news as the source is trustworthy. I wasn't going for hits.

THQ have confirmed that a restructuring is going on in Woking, which is what I reported earlier on from my source. He declined to comment further on what my source told me.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12823

Im not actaully having a go at you and I dont think you were going for hits I actually wanted to see what you would say if I said that.

As you admitted you made a mistake thats fair enough as you did and hopefully you can learn from it. All I am saying is that it takes people a long time to forget mistakes but I am sure you have a lot going on and have learnt from this.

Anyway I put your new news in the neogaf thread I am all for this site having a good reputation and think you do a good jobs.

Im not actaully having a go at you and I dont think you were going for hits I actually wanted to see what you would say if I said that.

Eh? You just baited him? That's not cool, man.

Anyway I put your new news in the neogaf thread I am all for this site having a good reputation and think you do a good jobs.

I expected more backlash from NeoGAF to be honest. I still don't understand why N-Europe is "banned" on there though. We didn't pluck this out of nowhere, a restructuring is going on, and the declination of a comment on the latest info from my source suggests that more is to emerge.

N-Europe is banned there?

What do you mean?

As in if someone says "N-Europe" or pastes a link to this website, it treats it as a swear word and stars it out, as such:

Eh? You just baited him? That's not cool, man.

It was a test to see what he was going to say and he passed by admitting he made a mistake. I really see how that is wrong.

I expected more backlash from NeoGAF to be honest. I still don't understand why N-Europe is "banned" on there though. We didn't pluck this out of nowhere, a restructuring is going on, and the declination of a comment on the latest info from my source suggests that more is to emerge.

I was a little suprised to the N Europe news team has always seemed good to me hence why I posted the thread. Anyway don't get me wrong before you admitted you made a mistake and thats the end of it its no big deal everyone makes mistakes and bottom line is I enjoy reading the news you put up.

As in if someone says "N-Europe" or pastes a link to this website, it treats it as a swear word and stars it out, as such:

LOOOL

That's funny, I just don't know why, though.

Did they "ban" because of this or did they do it previously? The more a I hear about neogaf the more I hate it.

Did they "ban" because of this or did they do it previously? The more a I hear about neogaf the more I hate it.

Happened previously, which is odd as to my knowledge we've never done anything "ban"-worthy.

EDIT:

Another thing. The result of a NeoGAF IRC conversation has apparently lead to a plan to give Haden a "tag" under his GAF username, since they think it was me who made the thread. According to the ever-trustworthy Zelda_Freak.

From what I gathered, no one could understand why n-europe has been banned since forever, they probably think it's a crappy fanboy site run by 10 year olds. Unfortunately I could never get a neo gaf account :P

Wow, can't believe so many people got their knickers in a twist over this. Like somebody else has already stated in this thread, sometimes sources turn out to be reliable, sometimes they don't. It happens. There are dozens upon dozens of websites which go through this motion all the time. Tellyn took a gamble, and sadly it didn't pay off this time, but cut the guy some slack. For the one thing he's been off the mark with, he's done about a dozen or so other things right.

As for GAF, just don't even go there. It's down there with 4Chan.

As for GAF, just don't even go there. It's down there with 4Chan.

Hey! There's no elitism in 4chan!

From what I gathered, no one could understand why n-europe has been banned since forever, they probably think it's a crappy fanboy site run by 10 year olds. Unfortunately I could never get a neo gaf account :P

Isn't that why we love it?

a restructuring is going on, and the declination of a comment on the latest info from my source suggests that more is to emerge.

So your source went from ''THQ as a whole is shutting down'', to ''a small division of THQ is closing'', to ''a restructuring of a small division of THQ is occuring''.

Why on earth would you be waiting for more info to emerge from this idiot? Cut the cord!