NEurope
Tellyn

THQ Wireless Division Restructuring

THQ contacted me to tell me the same Meo, updated the article.

It isn't an attempt to get pagehits, we never have and never will stoop so low as to do that. We just trusted our source, and we were let down.

Maybe he told you because his studio is being shut down? And he just generalized it?

I'm with Dakota here.

So you listened to a silly rumour and rather than actuallt researching it like any one else would you just posted it as fact? How pathetic.

So you listened to a silly rumour and rather than actuallt researching it like any one else would you just posted it as fact? How pathetic.

Thank you.

Maybe he told you because his studio is being shut down? And he just generalized it?

I'm with Dakota here.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

Wohow, hold your horses there buddy!

How do you think journalism works? In order to get exclusives, everyone has inside contacts, who prove to be correct more often rather than false. It's not because his source blew a fuse on this one that Tellyn's skills are to be put in doubt.

By the way, if you must call names, at least try to spell correctly. Takes away less of the credibility of what you're saying.

Egg. On. Face.

What have we learned today, people? There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Can't really research something that has been told to him and no one else...

Well yes you can you can make sure the person is telling the truth first, I more have a problem with it wasn't said to be a rumour and more seeing it as blind fact.

Once again, I can offer nothing more than my sincerest apologies. When this information was sent to me, it was written as 100% correct - basically, I was told that THQ staff were called to meetings this morning to explain that the company would be shutting down. This information clearly wasn't correct, so the lesson learned is that we won't be listening to our source any more.

Can't believe you didn't put a rumour tag on this to begin with.

But yeah, bit of a stupid thing to do. Oh well, we'll see if any news that comes from THQ is close to this...hmm.

But it would've proved common journalistic courtesy to have approached THQ and said 'we're about to print this story, would you like to comment?'.

Meh, its not as bad as the time when someone started a thread saying Shingsy had died.

Once again, I can offer nothing more than my sincerest apologies.

It may be prudent to offer an apology to THQ and their staff on the main site.

The reason no one else reported it, is because it's exclusive. It's also a rumour and not coming from a huge site, people are reticent to trust it. Whether it's true or not, we'll see, but it wasn't posted blindly and it's our job to keep you informed.

It isn't an attempt to get pagehits, we never have and never will stoop so low as to do that. We just trusted our source, and we were let down.

Of course, there is a reason why I keep coming here, because I know you guys work your ass off to get news up quickly on your site and are reliable. Shit happens and even the huge sites get wrong info and post it as being true (lol IGN).

That said, just like others have pointed out maybe this is just a case of your contact being fired because his studio is being closed.

It may be prudent to offer an apology to THQ and their staff on the main site.

Why?!

So it was wrong, big deal!

No need to print a bloody retraction! other sites don't when news gets updated as incorrect! *cough* cubed3 all the time, IGN *cough*

Stop being so melodramatic!

Can you say "blown out of proportion"?

Exactly!

Why?!

Because its the right thing to do.

So it was wrong, big deal!

No need to print a bloody retraction! other sites don't when news gets updated as incorrect! *cough* cubed3 all the time, IGN *cough*

Stop being so melodramatic!

Off the top of my head, i can't think of a time IGN have reported- as fact- a false story, but please correct me if i'm wrong. The fact is that this site published an incorrect story as fact, no research, no fact gathering, no chance for the affected party to respond. I'd argue that its only prudent to humbly apologise for your mistakes (especially since i'm guessing that many of the staff have ambitions in the games industry).

In fact IGN's standard reply is "Well it was true but things have changed!" Shame. Was looking forward to Halo DS.

Since I like Tellyn more THQ, I'm crossing my fingers here for THQ to go down in 24 hours.

I think everything that had to have been said, has been said. Might be good to close this thread.

Edit: wow, rhyming and everything!

Since I like Tellyn more THQ, I'm crossing my fingers here for THQ to go down in 24 hours.

Try as I might, I can't make sense of that sentence. Or at least the first part of it.

Hang on guys, my source has gotten in touch with me again. Information to follow.

This. I'm done here.

Try as I might, I can't make sense of that sentence. Or at least the first part of it.

It means I prefer Tellyn to have a big exclusive new than THQ being still active.