N-Europe

Winter

Noku

For me the premise looks great. I'm loving the ideas in there, and think it shows great promise for sure. So yeah, i want Winter on Wii. Does that mean i'll buy it if its a crock of shite? No, not at all- but i'd rather see what the team can do with it, than never see it at all.

ya this is true... I mean geist had some great ideas. Some were implanted poorly but geist is a game i would love to see a sequel for.

Winter however you never know.. but knowing n-space.. plenty of great gameplay but crap graphics .:)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya this is true... I mean geist had some great ideas. Some were implanted poorly but geist is a game i would love to see a sequel for.

Geist's main problem is it wasn't for Wii.

It was a late entry into the Cube's line up, and could have- and should have- been delayed as a Wii launch title. Geist had disappointing FPS mechanics, and a sloppy framerate- both would've been improved by launching it as a Wii title.

Geist's main problem is it wasn't for Wii.

It was a late entry into the Cube's line up, and could have- and should have- been delayed as a Wii launch title. Geist had disappointing FPS mechanics, and a sloppy framerate- both would've been improved by launching it as a Wii title.

Oh i know this but I only say geist as far as i understand it was the last time they produced for nintendo...

geist again was poorly implanted but had great ideas.. but hey I guess tahts what sequels are for.. look at red steel

The main problem was Geist wasn't the poor implementation of the good ideas but the elongated development time as a result of Nintendo. If they had been left to their own devices, then it might have become a better title because during development, n-Space were working on one title and Nintendo wanted a completely different one. But I'm all for a sequel to it as the ideas for it were great and there is still great potential there because no other game has really touched that genre/ideal.

As for this, I think many who want this are wanting it to get a release because it's a title that would easily have found a publisher on the PS3/360 and would get an easy release but here on the Wii, n-Space have had to work hard to get publisher interest. You know, the video that can be seen of it looked pretty decent even after only 2 weeks of work and you can see the potential from it right there.

• 11 months later...

I only found out about this yesterday cos of a link on one of IGN's videos. Shame it hasn't come to anything :\

*signs petition*

Maybe now with Shattered Memories doing quite well, this having some level of success upon release will be a more of a realistic idea among publishers.

• 2 years later...

This is from an interview the guy from Nintendoeverything.com had with N-Space

“Frankly, I don’t think the office has ever stopped rumbling about Winter. There’s an intense amount of love among the team for the game. And the more we’ve seen the survival horror genre switch its focus from surviving to reloading, the more we feel the market is hungry for a game like Winter. So what’s the bottom line? The bad news is that we haven’t yet found the right opportunity. The good news is that Winter is just like any good horror movie monster.”

He paused for dramatic effect.

“It’s not dead.”

That bolded stuff is music to my ears!

And not just any music, no. Little King's Story quality music!

I just don't think any publisher would pounce on this. N-Space frankly don't have the best of a reputation with most of their original IP games bombing. (Though I believe that only includes Heroes of Ruin and Geist) Perhaps they should consider kickstarting it, survival horror gamers might get behind it.

Could be great to see this game under go the equivalent of a REmake now, ustilising the power of the Wii U and bring it as an exclusive new survival horror IP to Nintendo's platform!

I mean those screens make it look like a PS2 title, where as we've all seen what Shattered Memories (almost typed Mammories) was able to achieve. This could look wonderful on the Wii U.

I know this is a massive leap in thinking but n-Space are due to make an announcement on their Facebook page very soon, it could be Winter related. Or they could be revealing the long awaited Mary-Kate & Ashley sequel.

n-Space employee: “Just keep your eyes on the official n-Space Facebook page and you’re sure to see a surprise sooner rather than later.”