N-Europe

Do I have a virus....?

Molly

In the computer sense of course.

A few days ago we got this pop up that comes up as an invoice for 'Platte services'. It's also come up on the desktop as 'Platte Account' and my dad tried uninstalling it but it's reappeared. My dad's gonna ring the number on the invoice (from work to prevent tracing, haha, makes me laugh), but there must be a way of getting rid of it.

Any ideas??

Avast

AVG

Spybot Search and Destroy

Registy Cleaner (requires some knowledge, but basically if you don't know what it is don't delete it)

Kaspersky

Those are decent anti-spyware and anti-virus programs. Most can remove iirc. Others detect, oh and they may conflict with each other so be careful aobut having too many.

Oh, and here is a list of what not to use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fake_anti-spyware_programs#Partial_list_of_rogue_software

What's a system restore?

Yes I'm a brunette, hard to believe I know.

It's where you restore your computer to how it was previously. Personally I'd try the other anti-spyware software first.

Although if you do want to system restore then Start>All Programs>Accesories>System Tools>System Restore

That's how it is for Vista. I'm pretty sure it's similar for XP.

It's where you restore your computer to how it was previously. Personally I'd try the other anti-spyware software first.

Although if you do want to system restore then Start>All Programs>Accesories>System Tools>System Restore

That's how it is for Vista. I'm pretty sure it's similar for XP.

I think on XP its not in accesories. Not sure though now.