N-Europe

Cinema Ticket Prices

fex

I either want my cinema tickets heavily reduced if I'm going to have to watch adverts, or I pay full whack and they take them off completely. I pay my license fee to the BBC and in return I get ad-free telly. I receive channel 4 for free therefore accept that advertising is needed and I cannot complain.

You have to realise that cinemas make almost literally no profit from actual movie tickets themselves; it all goes towards the studios who make the film. They have adverts and trailers to make this profit. This is also why it cost so much for food & drink at cinemas.

Oh yeah, and about £6.10 at my local cinema, but you do get a free £2.50 off coupon with every visit, so it's not all bad.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Odeon in the Bristol city centre has had to drop it prices with the new amazing cinema opening nearby(which is around £6 per ticket). Odeon is now £4.something which is not too bad I guess.

If you mean the cinema in Cabot Circus then it was £7.25 when I went there to see Quantum of Solace. T'was rather nice, although in the end you're still seeing the same film wherever you go, so can't really justify spending the extra £1 (yes one whole pound). It's about twice as far away as well for me!