Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2009

Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also said Lewis hasn't had it easy and is a nice guy! ;)... crazy!

Maybe he helped galvanise F1 in the past but honestly Bernie and Max's ego's are getting so big, they are growing completely oblivious to what the fans who make the sport, actually want from the sport!

Edited by Retro_Link

I agree with Murray definitly - I don't agree with everything Ecclestone and co do but looking at both recent and long past events, without them keeping the teams in their place, F1 would probably be a two or three team monopoly that never left western Europe.

Ferrari looked to have finished work on the F60B, apparantly 15Kg lighter to help with weight distribution and it incorporates the double diffuser. Strangely enough though they finished testing the car on Saturday, meaning we might have to wait until Monaco to see it in action...?

Either way, Kimi will be back baby :D

Yeah, :bouncy:

From what I've heard I think the chasis has previously passed crash tests, and Saturday was just a straight line aero test using Kimi's F60B car.

Can't wait to see how competitive it is! Fingers crossed!!

Think Megneti [Ferrari's KERS makers/suppliers] are also working on a Williams style fly-wheel eneregy recovery system [probably due to all the trouble, not to mention a fire they've had with the battery system], though don't know when we'll be seeing that.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just read on the Autosports forum...

For those of you in London, Ferrari are opening their new Regent Street store tomorrow, with Kimi in attendance.

Might go check it out after work myself

It's like 550m square, so a fairly sizeable church for us red disciples

Damn I'm tempted to bus it to London!! Edited by Retro_Link

My flatmate was telling me about that, to be honest I'm amazed Kimi can be arsed to do it. No doubt he'll leave as early as possible and head into soho for a few drinkies. Might be able to see him in his natural habitat :)

Did have a little look round last weekend but it was pretty shit, and very expensive. Tempted to go to the opening just to see what Kimi gets up to.

My flatmate was telling me about that' date=' to be honest I'm amazed Kimi can be arsed to do it. No doubt he'll leave as early as possible and head into soho for a few drinkies. Might be able to see him in his natural habitat :)[/quote']haha, join him at a few bars.

I saw him in the paddock at Silverstone testing last year but there were so many people there to get his autograph that he wasn't enjoying it and getting pushed around etc... he basically ran from the garage to the motorhome signing about 4/5 autographs on the way, and aparently he got hit by a camera in the process, felt a bit sorry for him as you know he's not keen on all the pictures etc...

Though he did pretty much push past me... result!

I've got his No.1 hat from last year I'd quite like to try and get signed, or depending what the setup is like there, a photograph if he's sat at a table doing signings.

Yeah it could be worth it if you have something to potentially get signed, the last F1 thing I owned was a Damon Hill cap from '98. Still have it at my parents place actually, might get it at some point though I doubt I'd ever wear it.

Now I think about it they had some really nice driving gloves downstairs in the Ferrari shop, which is one thing I really want at the moment. Not sure I'd pay the prices they're asking though.

Do we know what times Kimi is there tomorrow? I may well pop down if nothing else comes up.

Yeah it could be worth it if you have something to potentially get signed' date=' the last F1 thing I owned was a Damon Hill cap from '98. Still have it at my parents place actually, might get it at some point though I doubt I'd ever wear it.

Now I think about it they had some really nice driving gloves downstairs in the Ferrari shop, which is one thing I really want at the moment. Not sure I'd pay the prices they're asking though.

Do we know what times Kimi is there tomorrow? I may well pop down if nothing else comes up.[/quote']No I'll keep an eye on autosports and also go on the ferrari website in a bit.

Is the store open already then? may be worth giving them a ring if it is.

It's prob first thing, or about 11am or something.

Yeah it's been open for a 2/3 weeks now, a friend told me as I'd given up checking it seemed to be under construction so long.

Morning would make sense, bit more hassle but could be worth popping out for.

Hmm that's rubbish, the Regent Street store isn't even listed on the Ferrari Store website, maybe as it's not 'officially' open?

Long shot but do you happen to know anyone who works near it, that can get a phone number or info?

Ferrari stores do look good:

img01.jpg

After a bit of googling...

http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pages/090403_COR_store_regent_street.aspx'>http://www.ferrari.com/English/News/Pages/090403_COR_store_regent_street.aspx

090403_DSC_0360_260x200.jpg&Width=0&Height=0090403_DSC_0244_260x200.jpg&Width=0&Height=0

Ferrari Store opens its doors today on London’s Regent Street Official inauguration on May 6th with Kimi Räikkönen Products include replica Formula 1 cars

Maranello, April 3rd 2009 – The first British Ferrari Store will be officially opened on London’s chic Regent Street on May 6th in a ceremony attended by Scuderia Ferrari driver Kimi Räikkönen.

From today, however, Prancing Horse enthusiasts will be able to shop at the Store which is located at number 193 – 197 Regent Street. Inside they will discover the entire range of Ferrari products for Formula 1 tifosi, GT enthusiasts, children and collectors. A replica of the F2005 will take pride of place in the main window and is also on sale at the various Ferrari Stores as well as from Maranello itself. Photographs and a virtual tour of this latest Ferrari Store are also available through the Company’s brand-new http://www.ferrari.com portal.

From a post on the motorsportforums

For any Kimi fans out there, Kimi will offiucially be opening up the Ferrari Store in London on Regent Street (right opposite famous Hamleys toystore) this Wednesday.

Kimi supposed to be there from 12pm until 3pm.

There'll be a Ferrari display just outside the store in Conduit St starting at 10:45. At 11:30 Kimi will be interviewed and have pics taken with the F1 display cars present.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!