NEurope

The 8 FOTA teams have staged a new walk out because apparantly they've been put into next years championship but have no power to veto rule changes etc etc.

Round 2 *rings bell*

There's more twists in Formula 1's off track development than an episode of Hollyoaks :o

Yeah sounds like things are heating up again!!

Stupid FIA said they aren't allowed to have any say in next years rule changes because they weren't full entries on the original list or something?... though Ferrari, RB, STR were?...

Couple this with Max probably restanding...

FOTA F1 please!

A little good news for Mclaren and Hamilton topping second practice. Force India also seem in good form again for points, Fishicella 7th first pratice and Sutil 6th fastest in the second session but both suffered a technical glitch both sessions that ruled them out of practice.

Wow exciting stuff!!

Well done to Webber, but will he be able to convert it into a win?

Really looking forward to what will surely be an unpredictable race!!

Vettel again finds himself with a KERS car right behind him on the grid, What will he manage tomorrow?

Hamilton seems back on form with 5th but props to Sutil getting in Q3 and starting 7th but he has the 2 Ferrari's with KERS behind him.

Best Qualifying for a while I reckon, way to show your decision making experience Rubens. I hope he can get away well ahead of Webber.

Yeah, hope Webber wins tomorrow. He deserves it for sure. Will be a shame for Vettel that the first race his teammate wins in his own home race, but alas.

Well Webber is deserving of a GP win, however when my main man is one of his competitors it makes it hard to choose.

Qually Weights:

1. Webber 661.0

2. Barrichello 647.0

3. Button 644.0

4. Vettel 661.0

5. Hamilton 654.5

6. Kovalainen 664.0

7. Sutil 678.5

8. Massa 673.5

9. Raikkonen 674.0

10. Piquet 676.0

11. Heidfeld 681.0*

12. Alonso 668.2*

13. Nakajima 683.6*

14. Trulli 683.7*

15. Rosberg 689.6*

16. Kubica 673.5*

17. Buemi 674.5*

18. Fisichella 662.5*

19. Glock 662.3*

20. Bourdais 689.5*

Poor showing from the Brawns!!

Was like this at Silverstone if I remember, seems Red Bull definately has the upper hand now!

Also, Sutil managed to outqualify the Ferrari's! Who are all understandably running heavy, which could pay off in a wet race.

I can see Lewis using KERS to get past a couple of cars at the start. Still not sure that the Mclaren will have the race pace to keep him there however.

Well again it was quite a cold track out of the Brawn top performance range, Red Bull might have edged ahead which we shall see in a hot race more suited to the Brawn car. Let's see if Webber can stay in front off the line.

Well looking forward to tomorrow. Webber is gonna walk it but I think Vettel is gonna struggle if it stays dry; the Red Bull is awful when in the dirty air of the car it's following and he could easily get stuck behind both Mclarens (and probably will tbh) due to their Kers.

If it rains I reckon it'll finish Webber, Vettel, Sutil (who was brilliant today btw).

I have to say though Barrichello read the conditions amazingly well second session. Sutil was immense, beating both Ferrari's with KERS and on a heavier fuel load, Here's hoping Sutil stays where he is and gets some points for Force India. Here's hoping for conditions like Qualifying.

This is Webber's big chance, but I think tomorrow could become a bit of a lottery if conditions remain as inconsistent as they have been so far. I think the Red Bulls will run away with it and the Brawns will have a fight to stay best of the rest. Also Lewis is in with a good chance of a podium here, he seems to be thriving with his re-jigged MaLaren in the cool conditions.

I seriously think Vettel could lose positions off the line if Hamilton and Kovalienen use thier KERS off the line, same with Barrichello if he has another poor start due to anti-stall.

Mind you, starting from the third row there's not much of a run down to turn 1 to use KERS though, especially as its a tight breaking zone and not a sweeping acceleration corner like Silverstones turn 1.

24 laps gone, i have NO idea what the finishing order is going to be :/

Webber to win with a drive through penalty? Fuck me.

Edit. Oh. And Sutil must be loving today.

Edited by Goron_3

:cry: bloody Kimi

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Force India deserve a point so badly I can't believe they're not going to get it :(

Hopefully it's gonna rain (dark clouds everywhere) so you never know. Also, how the hell has Vettel got up to second.

Way to go Webber! You drove magnificently. Way to go and Brawn off the podium for the first time. Barrichello I was sure looked in the best position when Webber got the Drive through but the stint behind Massa ruined it. Also what is it with Sutil and failing to convert his drives into points, but the incident with Kimi was purely a driving accident which is just so gutting for him. Though Expect Kimi to have some sort of punishment.

Loving to hear a different national anthem. Though again little overtaking despite the battles, especially the battle for the last points position in the final 5 laps or so. Only Fisichella managed to really overtake on track as did Alonso.

Also Hamilton really should have been second, the KERS cars had a storming start.

EDIT: Rubens, I understand you are upset but talking about the team like that without knowing the full story is just not acceptable behavior, Be surprised if he gets a drive next year. I'm disappointed with him.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Thoroughly enjoyable race and I am IMMENSELY pleased for Mark Webber but absolutly GUTTED for Adrian Sutil.

Great race from Webber, Rosberg and Massa. Hamilton was desperately unlucky and I actually wanted him to do really well today, what a great start! I really hope next season they sort out the technical regulations and ban the double deck diffuser because it should promote more overtaking and the cars should find it easier to follow one another.

Sutil is the new unlucky man of F1, replacing Webber who gets his long overdue win. What happened to Vettel today? Webber was so dominant that he won having slowed it down at the end AND having had a drive through.

What are these comments you are referring to Emerald? I missed the press conference.