NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

No watched wwe for years, i just got sky on my mobile , is the rock back wrestling ? what i miss lol

And became number 1 contender back after Wrestlemania 28, when he announced he'd challenge whomever was champ at the Rumble.

It's nice to see Dwayne back in the WWE, but c'maan. He shouldn't really be champ. He "hosted" Wrestlemania 27, had a tag match with Cena at Survivor Series. Fought Cena at Mania 28, appeared on RAW (once, maybe twice afterwards). Vanished until a few weeks before the Rumble. Won the title from Punk, defended the title at Extreme Rules vs Punk. And is set to lose the belt to Cena at Mania 29.

Even though he's scheduled to be at Extreme Rules, which puts a doubt in if Cena will win or not. Only a slight doubt, i'm convinced Cena will win.

Funaki, Smackdown Number 1 Announcer!!.

The Hardcore title was classic. I remember the 3 Mania Hardcore matchups very well, mainly because of the chaos. The Battle Royale at Mania 16, Kane vs Big Show vs Raven at Mania 17 and the all out match at Mania 18. Crash Hollys 24/7 ruling made some great moments indeed.

I don't know man. All anyone seems to pick out as good hardcore matches in the WM17 one you mentioned. It was a great title UNTIL crash holly and that stupid 24/7 rule ( which was entertaining for a slight bit)

I could name you about 7 good hardcore title matches. it's a good idea if done right but in it's later years it was shocking bad.

Anyone else been watching DDP's youtube channel?

It's Diamond Dallas Page (started his own yoga thing) helping out Jake the Snake Roberts and now Scott Hall into a better life. Jake's been 2 months sober now, and Hall is about to move in to their apartment. Great stuff, really hope Hall can turn his life around as well...

Btw, what's the deal with Dolph Ziggler? Isn't his MitB contract valid only until Wrestlemania? If so, in what friggin' time is he gonna cash it in? : o Feels like he has been pushed on and off through the year, like the WWE doesn't want him to be a world champion...

He didn't win it at last years Mania.... there hasn't been an MitB match at Mania for a few years now. As they have a "Money in the Bank" PPV in July with 2 MitB matches for a WWE Title title shot and another for a World Heavyweight Title shot.

Ziggler won the contract for the World Heavyweight title shot so if he was gonna use it at Mania (which I think he might) it'll be verus the winner of the Del Rio v Swagger match.

Though he could still keep the contract till July I think it is.

Yeah read about that, and saw the video online. Some dude seemed pretty miffed regarding his re-appearance on a houseshow. He says it's predictable that he'll appear on RAW, get involved in the Cena-Punk match and give us the 2 main events for Mania set as a cert. Punk vs Taker and Cena winning against The Rock to claim the WWE title (sorry, Cena vs Rock for the WWE title).

I say it's not cert Taker will appear on RAW, i (and many others agree) that Taker did this houseshow as it could be his last time wrestling in Texas (his hometown) and/or to test his body to see if it is ready.

Rumours also swirling about a rematch for Triple H vs Lesnar, with either or both getting involved in the Heyman vs McMahon match on RAW.

He didn't win it at last years Mania.... there hasn't been an MitB match at Mania for a few years now. As they have a "Money in the Bank" PPV in July with 2 MitB matches for a WWE Title title shot and another for a World Heavyweight Title shot.

Ziggler won the contract for the World Heavyweight title shot so if he was gonna use it at Mania (which I think he might) it'll be verus the winner of the Del Rio v Swagger match.

Though he could still keep the contract till July I think it is.

Man you're right, it is in July : o I remembered it was much closer to WM...oh well. Still, I feel like they've dropped the ball on Ziggler. Did anyone watch his youtube show WWE Download? I'm not sure if he wrote it himself, but he was actually funny and the talking was pretty smooth. Totally unlike his WWE promos, which are dry and generic as friggin' hell... o_O

Vince vs Paul Heyman tonight, gonna be good : D

2 main events for Mania set as a cert. Punk vs Taker and Cena winning against The Rock to claim the WWE title (sorry, Cena vs Rock for the WWE title).

:(

Taker better not lose his streak to Punk... but if this is the way the story pans out... CM Punk determined to show he is the best in the world.... I can only see it going that way. Taker loses, bows out on a defeat... Punk has bragging rights to claim he ended the phenom's streak.

*Ideally i'd love taker to win an go out on a high.

:(

Taker better not lose his streak to Punk... but if this is the way the story pans out... CM Punk determined to show he is the best in the world.... I can only see it going that way. Taker loses, bows out on a defeat... Punk has bragging rights to claim he ended the phenom's streak.

*Ideally i'd love taker to win an go out on a high.

It's rumoured Taker wants Punk to end the streak, but who knows. Maybe it would establish Punk's persona as "Best in the World". Me, i don't want Takers streak to end. Let him retire with it intact.

Edit: I just spotted a potential new selection for the Hall of Fame, it's Donald Trump.

What are peoples thoughts and opinions on celebrities gaining HOF status.

Edited by Jimbob

Me, i don't want Takers streak to end. Let him retire with it intact.

I totally agree. Undertaker is a Legend amongst legends. He should go out in the best way possible.

What are peoples thoughts and opinions on celebrities gaining HOF status.

I thought the WWE had some kind of Celebrities HOF when they inducted Mike Tyson, as long as they're kept separate from the real Hall of Fame I'm fine with that. It would be disrespectful to place celebrities in with the those who have made countless sacrifices throughout their careers for this industry.

I totally agree. Undertaker is a Legend amongst legends. He should go out in the best way possible.

I thought the WWE had some kind of Celebrities HOF when they inducted Mike Tyson, as long as they're kept separate from the real Hall of Fame I'm fine with that. It would be disrespectful to place celebrities in with the those who have made countless sacrifices throughout their careers for this industry.

In my eyes, it's a Wrestling Hall of Fame. I understand putting people in who've contributed to the industry, but the likes of Drew Carey don't need to be in there. What he did, appeared at the Rumble 2000 and paid off Kane.

Well I read a re-cap of what happened last night (will watch it tonight though anyway)

So It looks like Sheamus is being taken down the Intercontinental Championship route then with his recent digs with Wade, and last night's action on Raw. Makes sense as it looks like he'll be out of the WHC or WWE title's for a while.

Orton attacking Shield... I don't know where they are going with these guys, they've been impressive and beaten any of the dream teams thrown at them, but surely they can't keep replacing people each week to beat on can they?It'll end up being Mark Henry that appears and beats on them next week, or Big Show... just can't see where they're taking it.

It looks like Swagger got away without any punishment for his arrest. Maybe a hefty fine behind the scenes, but title shot still on by the look of it.

CM Punk losing to Cena, does that all but confirm that it'll be Punk vs Undertaker at Mania then? No signs of Taker at Raw though, so @Jimbob, looks like you were right about the Taker no show.

Lesnar v HHH is pretty much a dead cert for Mania then!

Think that covers the main points, The other matches from what I read don't hint at any storylines building up, or have relevance to the current champions / contenders for them

The main event on Raw was awesome, easily match of the year so far and will take some topping.

The main event on Raw was awesome, easily match of the year so far and will take some topping.

Ah! forgot to check out RAW. I think it's recorded, will watch it soon.

Thanks for reminding me.

Indeed, the Cena-Punk match was one of the best RAW main event matches i've seen in a while.

Taker not appearing on RAW except via the Tout video of his return, well that was surprising. At present, Taker vs Punk isn't set in stone. It was highly expected Taker would appear and cost Punk the match. And now we've got Cena winning the title at Mania.

Triple H vs Lesnar rematch, will be cracking. And that gash on Lesnars head, blood on RAW for a change.

Indeed, the Cena-Punk match was one of the best RAW main event matches i've seen in a while.

Taker not appearing on RAW except via the Tout video of his return, well that was surprising. At present, Taker vs Punk isn't set in stone. It was highly expected Taker would appear and cost Punk the match. And now we've got Cena winning the title at Mania.

Triple H vs Lesnar rematch, will be cracking. And that gash on Lesnars head, blood on RAW for a change.

It seems we do have a confirmation for Taker vs Punk now:

Undertaker is expected back on TV shortly, possibly as soon as Monday's Old School Raw. Undertaker vs. CM Punk was confirmed for Wrestlemania about a week ago and WWE Creative is now scrambling to fast-track the match's storyline. They started phase one with Punk's promo on Monday referring to himself as an "icon" above Superstars and God.

http://pwinsider.com/article/75725/undertakerwrestlemania-update.html?p=1

Gonna be much more interesting than Cena vs Rock (yawn).

Yeah, certainly will. I noticed when watching RAW last night (yeah, i'm behind a little) that the cameras were trying to not show Lesnars gash on his head. That was one mean gash though, no blade job thats for sure. And does anyone else thing Triple H looks more thuggish with a shaved head.

And with Taker vs Punk, if it's agreed then why no TV announcement.

Maybe saving it for Smackdown?

Taker tended to be more on SD when he was regular didn't he?

This weeks Smackdown is a "Social Media" show. How the heck is it going to work, Smackdown is taped and they can't use viewers opinions like on RAW. Gonna be one rigged event.

Nah, SD is taped on Tuesdays, and there are no reports of Taker being there. Next Raw is Old Skool or smth like that, so a pretty good fit for him to return.

They're clearly just setting the plot up, like Punk calling himself "god" etc. If his return was indeed confirmed only last week, this is the best they could do really. Cena vs Punk was resolved only on Monday, so cramming Taker into the picture would've felt a bit rushed. Better make Punk rant next week and have Taker appear then.

Is it just me or is Raw such a ball ache to watch? Ever since it went to 3 hours, I end up getting bored and wishing for it to end.

Can not wait till Mania, looks like it'll be a classic, especially if Taker is against Punk, never been disappointed with their matches.