NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

WTF?

That doesn't make sense as a chamber match? That's just a 6 man tag :heh:

WTF?

That doesn't make sense as a chamber match? That's just a 6 man tag :heh:

But a 6 man tag in a chamber :p

If their tlc match is anything to go by, this should be great.

But a 6 man tag in a chamber :p

If their tlc match is anything to go by, this should be great.

I like the sound of it, something a bit different. A triple threat match is ok now and again but I've never been a fan of multi man matches for titles anyway.

I notice this thread only gets revived the few months before WrestleMania and then dies a death afterwards!

6-Man tag in the chamber? How the hell did you guys get that idea? :heh: How would that even work?

#1 Contenders match for World Heavyweight Title match at Mania?

It's this. Orton, Bryan and Mysterio are in the chamber already. I'm guessing Kane takes another spot, too.

6-Man tag in the chamber? How the hell did you guys get that idea? :heh: How would that even work?

It's this. Orton, Bryan and Mysterio are in the chamber already. I'm guessing Kane takes another spot, too.

So most likely, Mysterio wins teh Chamber and Del Rio retains the title for a Mexican Stand-off at Mania

Well it likely wouldn't be a tag match, more like a tornado match. You'd have say Shamus and Reigns start off, then the others come in randomly every 5 minutes.

Well it likely wouldn't be a tag match, more like a tornado match. You'd have say Shamus and Reigns start off, then the others come in randomly every 5 minutes.

Sounds like a good idea, it can be done via the WWE games. Would be great to see it in action.

RAW was ok on Monday, great match between Jericho and CM Punk at the end.

Sounds like a good idea, it can be done via the WWE games. Would be great to see it in action.

RAW was ok on Monday, great match between Jericho and CM Punk at the end.

Is there anywere to watch Raw that doesn't involve Skysports, but does involve the Internet and you can watch it a few days later than it's original air time....if you know what I mean?

:blank:

Is there anywere to watch Raw that doesn't involve Skysports, but does involve the Internet and you can watch it a few days later than it's original air time....if you know what I mean?

You mean a "stream", there are plenty of sites online that offer this service. Unfortunetly, i can't provide the link i use for the PPV's (which also has the weekly shows) until i get home, but a search on Google should find something.

Tried watching Mondays RAW with Mondays Bulls game, bad move.

You mean a "stream", there are plenty of sites online that offer this service. Unfortunetly, i can't provide the link i use for the PPV's (which also has the weekly shows) until i get home, but a search on Google should find something.

Tried watching Mondays RAW with Mondays Bulls game, bad move.

I just didn't want to say that word :p

I did that with Royal Rumble live. I stream live events, but Raw's on 1am on Sky on weekends, I'd rather watch it the next day or in the evening.

I've used a certain site to stream American Sports live, and that particular site for the Royal Rumble...

But yeah in this instance I'd like to watch a repeat of Raw, Same case for Elimination Chamber later in the month, I won't be having the Monday off so won't be staying up to watch, But if I could catch a repeat somewhere the next day that'd be pretty awesome.

Totally, youtube. Watch Raw, SD and TNA from there...

Totally, youtube. Watch Raw, SD and TNA from there...

Sometimes Youtube is good, i've watched some RAW's on there if i didn't record it the night before. 1/2 the time though, it's not so good for that.

And i swear WWE don't have enough proper "heel" main eventers anymore.

Babyfaces, we've got - Sheamus, Randy Orton, John Cena (but people boo him), Alberto Del Rio, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Triple H**, Rock**

And on the heel side - Big Show, CM Punk (people cheer him instead), Brock Lesnar**, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger

*I've not included Kane, Miz, Daniel Bryan, Christian or Undertaker in the list above as they are either not active or are in the Tag Division/Mid-card division

**Part-time competitors, but still count as they wrestle main event matches still from time to time.

Wish we could have more matches like this today, just spectacular technical wrestling. Dean Malenko = friggin' awesome.

Btw, did any of you guys watch WCW when it was still running? That's how I started watching wrestling myself, great times...

Same thing Ville, i started watching WCW back in 1997 until 2000. Had some great talent and some memorable matches. Then my mate introduced me to the then WWF, where this was my first match

Ziggler has worked main events, usually on the losing side but even so.

I used to watch a lot of early 90s WCW Worldwide as a kid, so lots of Stunning Steve Austin, Bryan Pillman, Johnny B. Bad, Lord Steven Regal and Rick Rude. That's probably my favourite period of WCW, Sting and Vader were awesome at that time.

Don't get me wrong, WCW was great to watch. Probably because it was on TNT/Channel 5 and was near enough free to watch, compared to WWF/E which was (and still is) on Sky Sports (with the exception of Smackdown and the then "Velocity/Heat" side-shows, which were on Sky 1 until 2003/2004 the moved to Sports)

I remember seeing that Dean Malenko/Chris Jericho rivalry "Man with 1,002 holds" list, interesting how many were "Arm Bar" or a variation of one. But what turned me off WCW was that "finger poke of doom". And making David Arquette the WCW Champion, terrible decision.

Mark Henry beat Randy Orton on Smackdown...

What?

I know it was for a place in Elmination Chamber... but still. I Know Orton's already in it, but man Mark Henry.

I really hope Jack Swagger doesn't win this. Is it to speculative to have Jericho win this. Then he fights Del Rio at Wrestlemania for the World title.

Rock Loses to Cena at WM, Del Rio Loses to Jericho at WM. That's of course if Del Rio is still champ by WM.

oh yeah cheers @Jimbob for the Raw viewing, haven't caught up yet, but shall tonight I expect!

So did anyone watch Elimination Chamber??

Jack Swagger?? What??

I had a feeling that Mark Henry would win, but Swagger.. way out of left field.

So Del rio AKA Mexican Immigrant vs Jack Swagger AKA American Hero... is that the story line they'll build up on now for Mania.... Nice. lol

I dont like the shield, but they were actually pretty impressive. That gore on Ryback... wow.

I really expected the Miz to win, as I had a feeling that Cesaro maybe built up for better things, but perhaps not just yet

Since ive gotten back into wWE Ive seen Kofi Kingston a few times... is he just a bit of... cannon fodder really? ive yet to see him win or look like winning. seems like a likable dude and the fans seem to get behind him, but he comes accross as a wrestler that won't win anything.

-The chamber was a bit disappointing. I wanted Jericho to win, but I must admit that when it was just those last 3 men, the match got exciting.

-I see Miz winning at Wrestlemania. Which is good, the more attention the secondary titles get, the better

-That was an impressive Spear/Gore. Well done, Shield.

[spoiler=@Murr]Yeah, Kofi Kingston looked like he was going places a while back, but he has sort of...floundered, instead. He's very talented, too, I'd love to see him do more substantial things.

@Murr

Yeah, Jack Swagger, quite a surprise. I would be fine with him otherwise, but they're clearly using Dutch Mantel as his mouthpiece. I mean how's Jack going to learn how to cut promos, when someone else is always speaking for him...thus why I'm even more surprised that it's Jack going to WM. His segments just shout "green" due to the manager... o_O

I think the Shield is awesome. Great theme song and entrance, badass ring gear and overall just feels like a legit ass-kicking trio. Hope they go far...

Kofi Kingston? Oh dear...he seems to be eternally stuck in midcard, tag champion, intercontinental champion and that's it. Happy-go-lucky babyface, i.e. no room for anything else. Still, he did have one mini feud with Randy Orton a few years ago, where he was allowed to show a more edgy Kofi Kingston:

Everyone was like "woah, this is awesome, more stuff like this"...and then they just cut it. So the potential's definitely there, but it's just the limited persona and the writers not wanting to deviate from that. So stupid... o_O

Lame, just reading about the results from Raw last night. Miz beat Cesaro, but the title wasn't on the line. Maybe @Jonnas Mania prediction will happen.

Interesting that Cena vs Punk for the Title match at Mania. Will they get Punk winning this due to the negative feed back of a Cena vs Rock 2 Mania main event?

Would it be Punk to get the title back at Mania?

Out of interest does anyone know how long the Rock will be back for? Are we just assuming he'll lose at Mania and disappear, or is there anyway Rock could retain the title at Mania?

Swagger really?

Wasn't aware he was doing anything of note to deserve a title shot, much less one at Mania.

Not had Sky SPorts for a while so just been reading up on Swaggers current character, with his new manager he seems to be more of hilbilly, redneck, anti-non-American type. That about right?

Though I guess it will be interesting to have a reversal of roles with the Mexican as the good guy and teh American as the bad guy. Guess we'll see how it pans out for Mania.

Also just read up on last nights Raw. Rock had some news to reveal.....

And by reveal I mean he retired the "Spinner" title belt and revealed a New WWE Title belt.

Looks cool, but I wonder is it actually a new belt or is it a once off for the Rock?

I don't see a name plate on it and the Rocky "Bull" symbols on the sides make it seem like it is a once off.

Unless those bull symbols can be removed and different champs can put their own symbols or names on the sides and they are using that in place of the name plate.

new-wwe-championship.jpg

Oh and I reckon Cena vs Punk for the No. 1 Contenders spot for Mania will prolly play out in a way that they end up turning Mania into a triple threat. Prolly double count out or double pin or something

There's no way they will remove Cena from the title picture especially since this will be the first time he's actually used his Rumble win to go to Mania.....remember the last time he won the Rumble he used it for a title shot at No Way Out before Mania and lost.

Edited by Mokong

Yeah just reading about the belt reveal and the Cena & Punk interruptions.

1st - The belt looks horrible. Maybe I don't like change, but that is a hideous belt, I wasn't particularly fond of the spinner belt myself either, but it was better than this. I miss the older designs.

Wwfattitudeerachampionship.jpg

wwe-belts-7.jpg

wwe_belt.jpg

2nd - triple threat match looks more and more likely doesn't it with the involvement of Punk & Cena at Rock's belt reveal. I'd actually much prefer to see that than Cena vs Rock II or Punk vs Rock 3 times in 3 months.

But still would like to know what's on the Rock's schedule as to see if he could actually possibly retain the title at Mania and make further WWE appearances.

He's not actually had a proper fixture on Smackdown or Raw since his return has he? Just the 2 PPV fights.