NEurope
Jav_NE

The Wrasslin' thread

It is indeed cool.

I assume he'll take off again after his inevitable loss to John Cena at Wrestlemania though :(

Think I saw on the Gaf Wrestle thread last night that Lesnar has signed a fairly long contract with the WWE, and that Jericho is sticking around for a while too.

Would be pretty good if they were to remain a while.

I love it how most of us have returned to watch the WWE purely because of The Rock. The guy is a legend. :) It's been great watching RAW and Smackdown these past few weeks, seeing him doing the usual Rock promos and concerts has been awesome.

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY! :D

It is indeed cool.

I assume he'll take off again after his inevitable loss to John Cena at Wrestlemania though :(

Think I saw on the Gaf Wrestle thread last night that Lesnar has signed a fairly long contract with the WWE, and that Jericho is sticking around for a while too.

Would be pretty good if they were to remain a while.

I've been hearing that Rock potentially has more free dates in 2013 for more appearances post-Mania than he did last year. Rock is scheduled to miss next weeks RAW, and that seems to be it for missed appearances until after Mania.

As for Jericho, he's signed for the Mania period and is also possibly leaving afterwards for a while, he's typical of this as he tours with Fozzy between WWE stints.

As for Lesnar, he's signed a new 2 year deal. Probably for 6 appearances or so a year, which sucks. He re-appeared on RAW this past Monday, probably setting up a rematch with Triple H for Wrestlemania or something.

Something i'm finding surprising is that there is no sign of Taker returning for his typical Mania run. If he chooses to retire, i don't blame him.

Something i'm finding surprising is that there is no sign of Taker returning for his typical Mania run. If he chooses to retire, i don't blame him.

If Undertaker does retire before mania, then I'm glad his mania track record remains intact,

But If he is to come back for Mania, there is this niggling feeling that I've got that he'll lose his streak at Mania, therefore decide it's time to call it a day.

I Really hope that isn't the case, and if he does feature at Wrestlemania he'll win, keep his record and retire on a high.

If Undertaker does retire before mania, then I'm glad his mania track record remains intact,

But If he is to come back for Mania, there is this niggling feeling that I've got that he'll lose his streak at Mania, therefore decide it's time to call it a day.

I Really hope that isn't the case, and if he does feature at Wrestlemania he'll win, keep his record and retire on a high.

What is he now, 20-0 after the End of an era HITC vs Triple H. Thats impressive to say the least, and something that will never be broken since talent never lasts more than 5 years or so in WWE on average.

What i don't like is the prospect of Cena-Rock II for the WWE title at Mania. The winner is near-cert going to be Cena, which is stupid. Why advertise the match as "Once in a lifetime" when it's repeated this year. On RAW, Cena announced he was going for the WWE title (which didn't surprise me at all). I've calmed down, i was livid when Cena won the Rumble then Rock won the title (not for this part, this was ok)

I've read a few reports that he may miss WrestleMania. From PWTorch's App, there is a quite from Paul Bearer that says he is happy where he is in his life, with a new daughter, just built a new home, and is enjoying life with his family. He may wrestle again, he may not.

Loving the Rock at the moment too, I'm still hoping that Punk is thrown into the WrestleMania mix with Cena and Rock just to give us something different this year. it would tie up the whole stories of them three nicely.

I've read a few reports that he may miss WrestleMania. From PWTorch's App, there is a quite from Paul Bearer that says he is happy where he is in his life, with a new daughter, just built a new home, and is enjoying life with his family. He may wrestle again, he may not.

As mentioned previously, Not been following WWE for some time. But was there an event that Taker bowed out in specifically? Like a PPV he won and acknowledged the crowd more? Or a specific story arc on Raw / Smackdown when he wouldn't return?

Cause I have no problem with him retiring and his mania record remaining, but would of nice to have seen an arc or acknowledgment that he would be going.

@Murr No such thing has happened with Taker. It's the same thing every year, will he do WM or not...

@Jimbob Yeah, it's ridiculous, once in a lifetime match my ass...Just a waste of space in the WM card xS

In another news, a 77-year-old liqueur store owner was shot in the eye, says that Punk losing to Rock was the worst thing that happened to him all week : D

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Story-of-coach-who-was-shot-in-liquor-store/H96VuKn6B0KeddhkZf0Rtg.cspx

The thing is, Taker has to come back and at least annouce he'll retire. Not that i mind, he is 20-0 at Wrestlemania and his "end of an era" match could be classed as his retirement match (after all, he looked physically drained and broke out of character after the final bell).

If he didn't come back, i don't blame him. He's done it all and more, exactly the same as Shawn Michaels and Triple H have. And HBK has only come back for the odd appearance since retiring. The only problem with Undertaker making appearances is that he has to do so in-character.

Unsure how accurate this is on Undertaker

As much as The Undertaker has become one of the biggest attractions at WWE’s annual WrestleMania events, the phenom is reportedly questionable for this year’s edition of the show.

According to PWInsider (h/t Wrestling Inc.), there are conflicting reports about when and if Undertaker will return to WWE for the road to WrestleMania 29:

There was talk at Monday's RAW that one of the reasons The Undertaker didn't make an appearance at the Royal Rumble is because he's not so sure that he will work WrestleMania 29 now.

The plan had been for Taker to wrestle CM Punk but WWE officials are still waiting on Taker's decision. There's a feeling among some within WWE that Taker will end up wrestling but the discussion at RAW was they may have to come up with another WrestleMania storyline for Punk.

While this is terrible news for the members of the WWE Universe who have fallen in love with The Undertaker over the years and expect to see him at every WrestleMania, don’t discount The Deadman yet.

If there is an ounce of fight left in The Undertaker’s body when the final stretch to WrestleMania 29 begins, he’ll muster up enough intestinal fortitude to work one more match.

If The Undertaker truly does miss the 2013 WrestleMania as reported, it will be a sad day for the sport of wrestling, as one of the greatest streaks (20-0 at WrestleMania) goes undefended.

There is no question that the veteran could return for WrestleMania 30 and defend the streak once again, but the fact that the WrestleMania 29 card would be missing The Undertaker makes it feel less important.

While the WWE would undoubtedly supplement the lack of an Undertaker match with other huge stars and feuds, nothing could fully make up for the possibility that the Deadman might miss this year’s premier event.

The report states that the initial plan was to have The Undertaker square off against CM Punk, but now the company must reconsider the long-term booking of the former WWE champion if Undertaker is not coming back.

If Vince McMahon and The Undertaker are 100-percent confirmed he will not be at WrestleMania 29, now is the time to make the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania a three-way battle between defending champion The Rock, Royal Rumble winner John Cena and Punk.

There is a strong contingent of fans that don’t believe this report and will stick by the idea that it will be Punk unsuccessfully trying to end The Undertaker’s streak at WrestleMania 29, and that is still a very real possibility.

No matter what you believe, it’s easy to see that WrestleMania wouldn’t be the same without The Undertaker.

And this is rather bad to read -

Even though it was announced months ago that Undertaker is returning for Mania, the word this week is it may not happen. According to those in the loop, he’s uncertain about the show, which is a big deal because he was scheduled to be Punk’s opponent in what would have been the No. 2 match on the show. Not sure of a back-up plan given it’s right now not definite either way. The hold up is physical. He’s been hurting badly for years, but doesn’t complain and tries to keep his injuries as quiet as possible. I know back in 1997 I can recall guys who worked with him telling me how hurt he was and even then they figured he only had a bout a year left, and even though it’s been several years since he’s really worked any kind of a schedule, he’s still around. I think part of the issue is that the last few years he’s set a standard going out there and having a Match of the Year every time out. He could always come back for the pay day and fake his way through it, but wants to be able to give a WrestleMania performance and if he is done, last year is the kind of performance he could go out with. I always assume on the side that when push comes to shove he will do it until he officially pulls out.

Hurting badly since 1997, and people suggesting that even back then he'd only wrestle for a year. Mental.

Thats the sacrifice wrestlers make, and if he's been hurt for that long and still wrestling then i commend him for this. But i'm edging towards the decision he won't be around for Mania 29, and that will be only his 2nd Mania missed in the streak (1st being Mania 16)

I don't expect Taker at Mania and I hope he doesn't do it. As much of a legend as he is and his Mania matches of the past few years have been nothing but amazing, he needs to call it a day. He needs to put his health and family first. Anyways 20 is a good number to go out on.

He needs to retire in peace

Smackdown was pretty good. although Booker T's joke was terrible about Rhodes & Scholers turning to Rhode Kill.

Smackdown was pretty good for a change, but them "From the Vault" matches need to stop. I mean, they've got the talent they can give airtime to over airing a past match.

But if WWE are trying to beef the tag team division, then the splitting of Team Rhodes Scholers isn't going the correct way. Yes, they are great talents and need to be exposed to single competition more. But not until after Mania i believe.

Smackdown was pretty good for a change, but them "From the Vault" matches need to stop. I mean, they've got the talent they can give airtime to over airing a past match.

But if WWE are trying to beef the tag team division, then the splitting of Team Rhodes Scholers isn't going the correct way. Yes, they are great talents and need to be exposed to single competition more. But not until after Mania i believe.

Oh christ yea, that Rockin Robin match on the vault was terrible... and went on for aggggges.

Oh christ yea, that Rockin Robin match on the vault was terrible... and went on for aggggges.

Probably because we are so used to seeing Women's matches lasting 2 minutes or something these days.

The Womens division needs some serious re-vamping as well as the Tag division. Look back at the Attitude era (as a whole now), the roster was bigger and there were different divisions. Which is what is required these days. TNA have it right, but WWE have lost it.

I don't expect Taker at Mania and I hope he doesn't do it. As much of a legend as he is and his Mania matches of the past few years have been nothing but amazing, he needs to call it a day. He needs to put his health and family first. Anyways 20 is a good number to go out on.

He needs to retire in peace

I agree, at 20-0 last year was perfect for him to go out on.

From the WWE's point of view Taker's matches have become quite an attraction so I can see why they'd like to continue having him wrestle a match at Mania.

But for me I don't need to see him beat anyone else, I think it's really only worth doing another match at this point to end the streak by putting over a younger guy like CM Punk. But at this point even if Punk did beat him I think it would be a hard sell to make people think he could.

I think if Taker was to have one last WrestleMania match it would have to be against John Cena. He is the only real person left that anyone would think could end the streak.

I wonder if this set up would work for WM 30. With Cena looking to win the title at this years WM, hold it all year, then we could have a Title vs Streak match at WM 30?

I think if Taker was to have one last WrestleMania match it would have to be against John Cena. He is the only real person left that anyone would think could end the streak.

I wonder if this set up would work for WM 30. With Cena looking to win the title at this years WM, hold it all year, then we could have a Title vs Streak match at WM 30?

It won't happen, we've got Rock vs Cena III (Thrice in a lifetime).

And if WWE went for Cena-Undertaker streak vs title, thats a bad move. Cena does not deserve to end the streak. And if he did, believe me it would ruin the company worse than a Linda McMahon senate election.

To add to it, only John Cena could kick out of unlimited Tombstone/chokeslam/Hells gate then hit one AA and win the match. Which is crap.

Rumble was okay, thought the Ziggler/Jericho parts of it were the best. Bit of a shit ending to be honest with Cena winning.

Rock vs Punk was good, shame about the table not going according to plan. I half expected vince to come out, but it did take a while so it was quite a good surprise still. Immediately knew rock would win after that though so thought it was disappointing they ended it on the elbow rather then playing it out more with a few kick outs to plant an element of doubt to it. Punk should have kicked from the elbow, likewise rock should've kicked from a GTS and then finally won with a rock bottom. That's what I think anyway! Predictable as that may have been, it would have been awesome.

Hope they can come up with some good shows before mania, as like others have said, Rock vs Cena will be a bit bland.

Is there even gonna be an Elimination Chamber match for a top teir title at the Elimination Chamber PPV?

From the looks of it Rock vs Punk rematch will be a singles contest which I've very disappointed with as I would have been interested in seeing The Rock kick it into gear in a Chamber match.

And just takin a quick glance at WWE.com it seems to be talking bout Del Rio vs Big Show as if it will be a singles contest too.

So neither World Title will be defended in the Chamber at an event called Elimination Chamber?

So neither World Title will be defended in the Chamber at an event called Elimination Chamber?

Good. I was tired of them forcing two Elimination Chambers into that Pay-Per-View every year. The worst was last year, when both Punk and Bryan had to defend in the chamber, and both retained their titles (even though Santino almost won it, which was awesome).

This way, it's kept to a minimum, and the contrived instance of the champion never going out early is avoided. I mean, wouldn't ganging up on the odds-on favourite first (which is usually the champion) be the logical thing to do? The only time this happened was in that one year that Champion Cena was eliminated super early, like, the moment he entered. That was the best chamber ever for me :heh:

Good. I was tired of them forcing two Elimination Chambers into that Pay-Per-View every year. The worst was last year, when both Punk and Bryan had to defend in the chamber, and both retained their titles (even though Santino almost won it, which was awesome).

This way, it's kept to a minimum, and the contrived instance of the champion never going out early is avoided. I mean, wouldn't ganging up on the odds-on favourite first (which is usually the champion) be the logical thing to do? The only time this happened was in that one year that Champion Cena was eliminated super early, like, the moment he entered. That was the best chamber ever for me :heh:

Any match that does not involve Cena is a good match

But what I'm wondering is, if neither World Title is involved in a Chamber match then what will be the titular Elimination Chamber match be?

For the IC title?

Tag Team title? (That'd be something 10 man chamber match, both members of a team must be elimated to be "Out")

#1 Contenders match for World Heavyweight Title match at Mania?

But what I'm wondering is, if neither World Title is involved in a Chamber match then what will be the titular Elimination Chamber match be?

For the IC title?

Tag Team title? (That'd be something 10 man chamber match, both members of a team must be elimated to be "Out")

#1 Contenders match for World Heavyweight Title match at Mania?

Its the Shield vs, Cena vs Ryback vs Sheamus