NEurope
Daft

'Remedial Waste'

I've just set up the website Remedial Waste.

http://remedialwaste.wordpress.com/

You'll probably notice straight away that the banner is ugly and boring. My photoshop skills are limited and rusty and I was wondering if any of you talented bunch could knock one up for me or at least give me some pointers or ideas.

Something bold, maybe a bit mashed up saying "Remedial Waste" and then underneath it in a smaller font, "Run for your life."

Something along the lines of,

Headfirst_for_Rainbows_by_BulletsforRingo.jpg

mecha_Jam_by_ponbiki.jpg

__teeveeluvee___by_karincoma.jpg

Dimensions of 750 x 140 pixels.

This might not make sense ut any ideas at least would help. I'm having a bit of a mind blog and photoshop is making me weary. : peace:

If you want an idea about what the site is about just glance at the first proper post.

Thought I'd give it a quick try...

daftbannerremedialwastetr5.png

I used the blue from headers of the boxes on the site, but any colours can be changed if needs be. Not sure I like it myself, so dunno if you will, but it only took 10 minutes so doesn't matter if it's no good!

Wow, that is great!!

I actually really like it. I like that the colour is the same as the boxes but I think it would be cooler if it was different so it sticks out a bit more. If it is possible to add a couple more splodges in maybe neon green and pink? It might look cool. Actually maybe not those colours...I have no idea...

I love the font and the inversion of the colour.

That's fantastic though. Thanks very much Eddage!! : peace:

On a side note, the width is 750 pixels.

I'll play around with some of the colours later today and post up a few more.

Edit...

daftbannerremedialwasteol2.png

I think you should aim for the second one, eddage has done a great job with both, but when you think of waste it tends to be green rather than blue, fitting I think!

However, if you use the green one you might be best to change the blue parts of the website to a green similar to the banner.

That is fantastic Eddage. I've just uploaded it. : peace:

Thank you so much!

Your right nightwolf the boxes need their colour changing. I'll see if we can do that. :smile:

Can I change this to a general suggestions thread for the site?

Everyone's input is just an awesome amount of help.

What do people think about the grey on the side? I don't want to mke it too lurid a site to look at but I can't help but think the grey is a bit ugly. Maybe white?

Do we need a logo? Probably not....

Can I change this to a general suggestions thread for the site?

New title okay?

Everyone's input is just an awesome amount of help.

What do people think about the grey on the side? I don't want to mke it too lurid a site to look at but I can't help but think the grey is a bit ugly. Maybe white?

Do we need a logo? Probably not....

As far as the grey...see if Eddage would be kind enough to do a similar texture (ie greeny-yellow with blobs) because that would look really cool.

And logowise up to you. But I think just 'RW' with that little arrow thing over it would look good (and a splat behind the inverted 'R')...basically as the banner but with less letters.

New title okay?

'Help Needed' being the operative words. :heh:

T's great, thanks!!

As far as the grey...see if Eddage would be kind enough to do a similar texture (ie greeny-yellow with blobs) because that would look really cool.

And logowise up to you. But I think just 'RW' with that little arrow thing over it would look good (and a splat behind the inverted 'R')...basically as the banner but with less letters.

I don't want to over do it with the green and the splodges. I want to keep it fairly clean.

I like the idea for the logo. What's the font you're using Eddage?

I used to have an amazing mount of fonts and stencils on my Mac but since that borked I haven't downloaded them again for my desktop. :indeed:

Perhaps just a colour from the header then, give it a try with the various shades (personally I'd say the dark green may look best but have a try with them all).

(and because it has to be said, sig too big :p)

I was trying to resize the blood danger one but I'm about as skilled with photoshop as custard. It'll be fixed when I get around this bastard little issue...hopefully in 20 minutes.

Edit: That'll have to do for now...way too small.... :(

Being as excellent as at my job as I am it's taken me a whole 12 hours to realise that Remedial is spelt wrong. :p

Any chance of you fixing that?

Forgive me for being a font whore. It's called 'Birth of a Hero'

http://www.dafont.com/birth-of-a-hero.font

Cheers for that!

Being as excellent as at my job as I am it's taken me a whole 12 hours to realise that Remedial is spelt wrong. :p

Any chance of you fixing that?

Check your PM's!

Eddage...

...That logo sucks me off and makes me orgasm down its throat.

(Its amazing)

Um... thanks! :heh:

Check your PM's!

Wicked, you are a star. :bowdown:

And with that goes up my first post...apart from the sweary under construction image one. :heh:

Glad you like, and just because I'm trying to put off packing, I thought I'd give some different colours a go...

remedialwastemockupye5.gif

That's a nice banner right there, lovely work Eddage.

I call the colour on the sides of the site 'Government grey' and there's just slightly too much of it. The middle bit is win and then the outsides is my tax return. I say that like I do a tax return! Wow haven't actually been constructive, what about a slightly bluer grey, a paler grey, a darker grey, white, or the shade of green that runs under 'remedial'.

This might not work at all, and I lack the Photoshop skills to mock it up, but perhaps a shocking orange would go with the green? It would be distinctive if nothing else.

Haha! I love the suggestions guys.

That grey is definitely going to have to go.

Orange and purple both interesting. I'll have to discuss it with the other admin owner writer person. :smile:

Bright colours are definitely the way forward! :D Love love love that banner.

That's a nice banner right there, lovely work Eddage.

I call the colour on the sides of the site 'Government grey' and there's just slightly too much of it. The middle bit is win and then the outsides is my tax return. I say that like I do a tax return! Wow haven't actually been constructive, what about a slightly bluer grey, a paler grey, a darker grey, white, or the shade of green that runs under 'remedial'.

Grey? It's green.

EDIT: my bad I thought you were commenting on Eddages mock-up.

Grey? It's green.

EDIT: my bad I thought you were commenting on Eddages mock-up.

You... will be bad. I don't know, shhh, its xmas in 2 mins.

Okay you sexy sexy people. Remedial Waste has a bit of a facial reconstruction and it'd be great if I could hear whet you think since you were all so wonderful last time.

http://www.remedialwaste.com

Or if you can't be bothered to click he is what it looked like at one point (although it keeps getting changed so don't bet it'll be the same :heh: ) :

3222989546_bf0ce725c2_b.jpg