N-Europe

MUSIC WARZ! Match 15

Paj!

Maybe it just means he doesn't like Bjork?

I don't like the Beatles, but I still recognise them as one of the greatest bands ever.

?

The earth are you on about? Every single one of her albums has been critically acclaimed...with the most recent getting the most "mixed" reviews. (Understandably)

Talk about selling her short.

It's better to sell short than to risk sounding like you're hyperbolizing.

The not-English (don't want to offend any Jappie Japs or Chincs) one was like...a kind of song that sounded like the lyrics were important. I coulndn't understand the lyrics.

Of course you couldn't, it's not in l33t speak. :indeed:

I would post some translated lyrics, but the problem is I can't find any translations that sound even half-decent. Most of these translators don't really bother translating the words into something that would make sense. (Although the translated lyrics that appeared in the anime itself were pretty good, it wasn't the whole song.)

But, in a nutshell, it's a love song. (And "Toki wo Kizamu Uta" means something along the lines of "A Song to Pass the Time".)

And finally...when you think about it, the "luck" of the draw for this has been pretty wank, hasn't it. In my humble opinion, anyway... :(

Of course you couldn't, it's not in l33t speak. :indeed:

I would post some translated lyrics, but the problem is I can't find any translations that sound even half-decent. Most of these translators don't really bother translating the words into something that would make sense. (Although the translated lyrics that appeared in the anime itself were pretty good, it wasn't the whole song.)

But, in a nutshell, it's a love song. (And "Toki wo Kizamu Uta" means something along the lines of "A Song to Pass the Time".)

And finally...when you think about it, the "luck" of the draw for this has been pretty wank, hasn't it. In my humble opinion, anyway... :(

Also, I don't think one should listen to foreign music and then need to translate the lyrics. Wouldn't you agree that most of the charm is that fact it's in japanese? (or *insert other language* depending on what you're listening to)

Yes, I fully agree. :smile:

Although I am the curious type and I do often look for translations to see what it is they're singing about exactly, and I have sung a bit of foreign songs in English from time to time, I prefer singing it in its original language. Singing in a foreign language is quite fun.

A bit of an edit: The Japanese in my sig is from the song. In case you're wondering, it translates to something like "I'm standing here alone, remembering all the heart-warming memories."

weeyellowbloke: You're the only person decent enough to say sorry. I like you a lot more now. (Which was quite a lot already.) :heart:

It's not like it was your song, written about a traumatising experience, and everyone collectively took the piss out of it, lol.

(I assume you aren't serious though:heh: )