N-Europe

MUSIC WARZ! Match 15

Paj!

RULES;

Basically, 63 (and one randomly chosen song) tracks have been nominated by our forum members to go head to head against one another.

All matches have been ranomly decided using a number randomizer thingie, sp it's fair.

1. Before voting for which song you choose, you MUST listen to both songs in FULL. If you see a band you love against an unknown, that is not an excuse to instantly vote for that band. Another point of this whole game is to expose new music to people. Base it truthfully on your favourite, not on who you THINK'll be your favourite.

2. No flaming, not that I imagine there will be.

3. If all 3 of your choices are knocked out, please continue to post! You agreed to do so by nominating. Plus it's good for expanding musical horizons.

4. have fun, it's a game blah blah JUST VOTE.

5. ATM, i'm going at 2 threads created a day, one closed a day. Or actually just 1 open, 1 closed. Whatever.

----

MATCH 15

The Rip - Portishead

Toki wo Kizamu Uta - Lia

----

Match 1: Led Zeppelin vs. Train

Match 2: Faith No More vs. Oasis

Match 3: Sigur Ros vs. Foreign Beggars

Match 4: Maximum The Hormone vs. Santana

Match 5: Avril Lavigne vs. Lady GaGa

Match 6: Radiohead vs. Polysics

Match 7: Jeff Buckley vs. Kings Of Leon

Match 8: Lamb vs. Iron Maiden

Match 9: Malcolm Middleton vs. Rihanna

Match 10: Blondie vs. Regina Spektor

Match 11: The Offspring vs. Bauhaus

Match 12: Tegan & Sara vs. TV On The Radio

Match 13: Placebo vs. Britney Spears

Match 14: ?

Both dreary as hell, so not voting.

The portishead video seemed very paedophilic to me too.

That's NOT the video.

Please don't base votes on video, as that is some fanmade one from a movie called The Fountain. I love the actual video, it's beautiful.

That's NOT the video.

Please don't base votes on video, as that is some fanmade one from a movie called The Fountain. I love the actual video, it's beautiful.

It was just a comment, it swayed my vote, or in this case non vote, in no way whatsoever.

Anyways, that video just seems wholly inappropriate.

*has now begun to hate this forum so much, it could be like Columbine. 'cept a bit more expensive, and probably not worth it.*

You're all cunts. Kthanxbai.

Vote: Toki wo Kizamu Uta

The other song in a generime theme song.. *yawn*

I'm beginning to shake with fury...how is it "generic anime" if you don't even know what generic anime is?

I'm beginning to shake with fury...how is it "generic anime" if you don't even know what generic anime is?

I wasn't talking about the anime itself, as I have no idea what that is. But it is from an anime, and sounds like every other boring anime theme song I've ever heard...

What I posted does make it sound like I'm attacking whatever show it's from, itself, though. Sorry.

(I do hate that art style in the pic, if that's from the show, though)

I wasn't talking about the anime itself, as I have no idea what that is. But it is from an anime, and sounds like every other boring anime theme song I've ever heard...

What I posted does make it sound like I'm attacking whatever show it's from, itself, though. Sorry.

(I do hate that art style in the pic, if that's from the show, though)

*Restrains, takes a few breaths.*

You haven't heard many anime theme songs, obviously and of course. A lot of the anime I've watched have J-Rock songs as their opening and closing themes. This anime is the only one I've watched that has slow, quiet J-Pop like it as its opening.

You get all different types of music as anime themes, not just J-Pop/Rock, but like Hip-Hop (e.g. Afro Samurai) and even some unclassifiable Russian electro/house/opera theme (Ghost in the Shell:SAC)

By the way, that art isn't from the show. It looks like it is official art, but you can't judge it from that one pic. Especially as this anime series is known for having brilliant visuals and such.

It just kind of annoys me when you say "generime", you're not an anime fan so you can't really say that. (Plus Clannad - the anime this song is from - while being cliched, I doubt is what you would call a generic anime whatsoever.)

But, whatever, the main points are the "luck" of the draw aaand that I took a gamble by putting this song in the tourney. I do reckon my other two entries could go far, though.

Fair enough, you don't have "shake with fury" or whatever.

I just found it boring, and I'd heard a lot of similar stuff to it, from animes (I live with a friend who obsessed with stuff like that, and I just don't like it. I quite like certain animes though, just never get around to getting into them).

It sounds generic when compared to the splurge of similar songs I've listened to. *shrugs* But what you say is true enough, though I wasn't saying anything particularly of the sort. It's not like I was saying all anime had crap theme tunes or something.

I know you weren't saying that all anime theme songs are rubbish, it was just the whole "generic anime" phrase. Just don't say it in future unless it actually is a generic anime. (Although I don't really know what could be deemed as generic anime, I do have an idea.)

You could view the whole "shaking with fury" thing a bit like if you had found some "Anti-Bjork Group" on facebook, and you just immediately hated all the members of that group. (Whether you're actually on facebook, I don't know.)

I really, really, love this song at the moment (not just because I'm a big fan of the anime it's from, just so you know.), and seeing the others here slating it like that wouldn't sit well with anyone who thought the same way as me. I did expect something like this when I nominated it, but like chairdriver said; it's losing to something worthwhile, which is fair enough. Portishead do seem to be popular, but you can only wonder what it would have been like had it been drawn against any of the other songs that had lost spectacularly. (If it had been drawn against ol' Britney and lost I probably would have gone off on a wild paddy.)

You just have to view my "rage" a bit like a few months ago when I slated Bjork in another thread and you sort of went off on one at me, if you remember.

You just have to view my "rage" a bit like a few months ago when I slated Bjork in another thread and you sort of went off on one at me, if you remember.

yeahbutBjork'sundeniablyamazing

: peace:

Seriosuly though, I understand. I just didn't think it was particularly interesting in any way...it was just "nice", which as you said, would be enough to beat a lot of the stuff in this contest, no doubt.

Just not the song of the year. :heh:

Yeah but the difference is Bjork actually has had a remarkable career, with 3 of her 6 solo studio albums being critically acclaimed [the other 3 not-so much, but are still much better than most artists would ever hope to achieve].

Anyone who has a life music-wise will appreciate Bjork. Not nessecarily like her, but appreciate her.

I know it's musical snobbery, but it only reflects badly on yourself when you say you can't stand artists in the league of Bjork.

Yeah but the difference is Bjork actually has had a remarkable career, with 3 of her 6 solo studio albums being critically acclaimed [the other 3 not-so much, but are still much better than most artists would ever hope to achieve].

?

The earth are you on about? Every single one of her albums has been critically acclaimed...with the most recent getting the most "mixed" reviews. (Understandably)

Talk about selling her short.