N-Europe

T-Shirt Designs

ReZourceman

Well I was thinking of just colouring it in the real world and scanning it in. Is that what j00 do with your nice designs?

Most of my shirts have digitally made designs on them actually. Though for some I do use the actual image that I drew on paper. For one design I have two versions: original paper version and a digital version made in Illustrator:

Afbeelding2-3.pngAfbeelding1-5.png

So both can work, it just depends what you're best at I guess, and how the end result looks.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you use tabletings?

Sometimes. I usually end up using my laptop, which just has a touchpad. But with Illustrator it's mostly just clicking and dragging around points anyway, so a tablet isn't really necessary. If you work with brushes in Photoshop, then a tablet is easier to use.

I've uploaded the Hitler design... *sniff* my first t-shirt :weep:

How do you get it so the colour of the shirt goes all the way around? Mine still has a white box around it. :hmm:

I've been working on a different design. Surprisingly Arnie related.

It's got Arnie [As Quaid] holding out two arms, wrapped up and dripping with blood to Richter saying "Good to see you at the party Richter"

She is "done"

Richter-1.jpg

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

How do you get it so the colour of the shirt goes all the way around? Mine still has a white box around it. :hmm:
You have to create it on a transparent background. What programme are you uploading the template and creating it in? If you don't have photoshop you can download a programme called GIMP off the internet which is what I transfer the files in to, to save them as png files.

You have to create it on a transparent background. What programme are you uploading the template and creating it in? If you don't have photoshop you can download a programme called GIMP off the internet which is what I transfer the files in to, to save them as png files.

I was using Photoshop... I must've done something wrong.

I think I know what to do. How do I delete my current design?

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Nah they don't, I'd have liked it if they did.

Well would've been more complicated on their part. I've started erasing the background around my Hitler, but as you can imagine, much of a pain in the arse. I should've deleted the background after drawing over it in Photoshop instead of saving it as one piece.

Not entirely sure I like this one, but meh, I tried.

I've been watching Interstella 5555 a whole bunch...

4285716-1-crescendolls-stella.jpg

4285716-1-crescendolls-stella.jpg

I was going to put the words at the bottom to hide the bottom of the image, but I needed it to hide the dodgy hand more. Plus I like the guitar neck acting as an underline.

I definately think the writing needed to be in the middle, because the image is just an outline and the T would have looked quite unbalanced and empty, unless you make it more prominant. I don't know the reference, but I like the colour combination and style of it.

Edited by Retro_Link

Hmm I'd maybe make the image a bit more obvious? It seems to barely be there, all the attention goes to the text. Looks nice though, and yay for Daft Punk love!

I got one of my shirts featured on the t-shirts page today. I simply put my latest drawing on a shirt heh (though took me quite some time to erase the background though and get it to look okay =P ).

4277115-2-cold-wind-shirt.jpg

Also have a version for dark coloured shirts, but yeah, this is probably the nicer one I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yay! someone sent me a picture of them wearing one of my T's...

buyer.jpg

Nice! =)

I've sold so many shirts, but from what I can tell no one has ever posted a picture of it online, boooh. Well apart from Coolness on here on N-E. =P

EDIT: haha, sorry Ine, I had to reupload it, so these posts are round the wrong way!

Edited by Retro_Link

• 2 weeks later...