Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The best moments of Twilight Princess

Falcon_BlizZACK

And yet while the music is beautiful, why do people still moan about it not being orchestral? WHo knows.

That's something that I don't understand either.

Nowadays, if it's not orchestral, it's automatically bad. It's like people look for a reason to complain.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zelda is a christmas game.

i got link to the past, occarina, majora's mask and twilight priness on christmas, each one felt special, each game has a christmas smell or tasts or feeling associated. id rather wait a few weeks and play zelda at christmas then buy it myself and play early.

sadly, the christmas feeling associated with tp is frustration. any one whos had to put asside somthing good, give up their bed and share a small room with three grown men who snore will know, family visits ruin christmas.

That's something that I don't understand either.

Nowadays, if it's not orchestral, it's automatically bad. It's like people look for a reason to complain.

cue Matt saying Wario Land's soundtrack should be orchestrated. lol

But it's true that some TP tracks would benefit greatly from being orchestrated, Galaxy has a perfect balance of redbook and orchestrated music. My biggest gripe is when there are high pitched female voices, they just don't sound right. Midi still has much more charm though.

It would a lot of diskspace too, not to mention that it needs to read them for the disk, adding to loading times.

Orchestral or not, don't care. Some of the best game music ever is MIDI (cue in the Metroid Prime games, or any game by Rare!). However, TP's score is weak, regardless of format. Not a single memorable tune in that game, for me. I sometimes wonder what went wrong with TP's score...

Orchestral or not, don't care. Some of the best game music ever is MIDI (cue in the Metroid Prime games, or any game by Rare!). However, TP's score is weak, regardless of format. Not a single memorable tune in that game, for me. I sometimes wonder what went wrong with TP's score...

To me? Nothing. Not as good as OoT (which revolves around music), but still freaking amazing.

YES! Theres something magical about playing a Zelda game on those deep winter nights. :heart: Actually might delete my majora's Mask sav and start all over tomorrow. ^^

I'm thinking about starting a new TP game right now. :)

However, TP's score is weak, regardless of format. Not a single memorable tune in that game, for me.

o_O'? This makes no sense to me whatsoever. I found the score to be very memorable and I simply love the tunes. Especially the tunes based around Midna, those are simply beautiful. Heck, the other day I subscribed to a guy on YouTube who uploads video game tunes because of his TP collection.

TP, I think had the second most memorable score of any Zelda game. The hyrule field theme was just plain awesome. Then there's the remix of the goron theme. Midna's theme ect...

The Hyrule theme was truly epic. As soon as I've finished this term at Uni I'm playing this through again.

I much prefer the Hyrule theme from OoT.

TP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnNy-ZP-Amg

OoT:

Wind Waker also has a very memorable score. There is no tune like the Dragon Roost Island theme in TP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIu5LvkSKl4 Lovely!

Of course, music taste is all down to opinion and personal taste, so I'm not surprised to see people that like TP's score. I don't and was disappointed by it, cause up till TP every Zelda I've played has had an amazing score.

I know TP has a different tone to those other Zelda games, and the music tries to reflect that, but they could've done different.

I'm presently playing Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion on the 360 and I think TP's score should have been more like Oblivion's.

Here are some good downbeat and kind of doomy songs from Oblivion that wouldn't be out of place in TP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdvesSM7Xk

I'm presently playing Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion on the 360 and I think TP's score should have been more like Oblivion's.

Here are some good downbeat and kind of doomy songs from Oblivion that wouldn't be out of place in TP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBdvesSM7Xk

Agh make it stop!

Oblivion's soundtrack is very good, but it has nothing on TP's and wouldn't fit in at all.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!