N-Europe

Mobile Phones Advertised In Music Videos

ReZourceman

Anyone else fucking pissed off with this shameless phone promotion bull shit.

It fucks up some good videos, and ....well on others its expected, but the videos are shit in the first place.

Its almost always one of two pointless as fuck things aswell. ;

A) Usually one of the supporting "characters" of the video will come along, get out a phone, and watch the performer/s on their 3G phone. Utterly pointless.

B) Sending a text or whatever the fuck who cares.

Its just so incredibly pointless and shameful. Do they really get that much money for doing so that they would want to fuck their video sideways?

Screw dat shit yo.

No, I understand and hate it.

When music videos can be amazing, they make them shit anyway.

However, it's mostly shitty R'n'B or chart music anyway, which usually have pretty bad/generic videos anyway.

I'll slit my wrists the day someone REALLY good starts impromtuly texting in the middle of a video.

One of the most flawed opinions ever.

That's like saying; "Fruit is shit", because you once tried an orange and didn't like it. But there's LOADS of different types of fruit you hadn't tried.

No it's not. Each fruit tastes and feels different. Each music video is essentially the same with a different track over the top.

I have stopped watching music channels because alot of bands or artist are on after one another on the 10 channels or a show will be on or a phone in quiz shows or hip hop/rnb music videos on every music channel also the mobile adverts between the music are annoying.

No it's not. Each fruit tastes and feels different. Each music video is essentially the same with a different track over the top.

What music videos are you watching?

This kind?;

...Or this kind?;

----

If you watch MTV (If they still do music), you'll most likely find shitty ones like the first one. If you delve a bit deeper, you find ones like the second, where it's video art connected to audio art, rather than just an advert/vehicle.

In this modern day of capitalism and advertising, there's product placement is pretty much in every form of media you can think of. Mike Myers even made a clever joke about it Wayne's World.

Trust me, theres much worse product placement than what you described.

So true. We can barely escape it, sometimes it feels. :(

Pepsiad1.jpg