NEurope
ReZourceman

24 Season 7/Redemption Thread

24 is such an awkward show to acquire. You have to remember what episode its up to and trawl through the S07E05 of every other show. 24 is too short a string :(

What the hell sites do you use that are so badly ordered? The one I use has the days new ups and they only have TV shows.

Anyway, off the torrent talk (I totally started it T_T) :)

24 is such an awkward show to acquire. You have to remember what episode its up to and trawl through the S07E05 of every other show. 24 is too short a string :(

Haha you're so right :D I just search for S07Exx on Sunday/Monday with the 24 hour filter on usenet.

I don't like how they're building up that guy in the F.B.I. headquarters who is kinda shady:

They're blatantly making out that he's the mole in a really obvious way, when it's probably going to be the nervous girl or someone else, in exactly the same style they did with Tony in season 1 to take the spotlight away from Nina. It's so boring and predictable.

Of course, I may be wrong and that could be the assumption they want to lure the viewer into taking, but I highly doubt it.

So far the first five episodes have been fairly good, though. It's not exactly classic 24, I'm not dying to watch it every week, but compared to the last three seasons of shit I'm hoping it won't take a downward spiral in terms of quality and remain this entertaining.

**Episode 1-4 spoilers**

I'm having a partial amount of trouble getting my head around Tony. I think the ending of episode 2 summed it up PERFECTLY. Surely....surely he is like...doing it for good...like maybe hes undercover?! Also why was his body taken etc? Who organised all this? He had no reason to do so etc? Anyway.

*Cracks knuckles.*

Still not exactly hugely unpredictable, but yeah. Loved episode 3 and 4.

Also....the blue eyed FBI chick....I swear she has a weird...stare. She looks quite....(sp) dispondant, and just...doesn't look at people properly. I dunno. Does anyone know what I mean?

The hell? Wheres all the discussion. Damn slackers.

That was a cool episode. Was it me, or was there no Chloe and Neil? Crazy. But yeah that was pretty sick how they flushed out the Mowtubas.

And the ending....my god. That was like

A) The coolest

B) The sickest/twistedest ending in a long time!

Holy crap, he buried Reneé!

:o That was an awesome twist, throws much more doubt on whether she survived or not than when he did a similar thing to Nina in series 1. The silent clock completed the atmosphere at the end, absolutely brilliant.

I feel they made it too obvious that Roger's FBI munchkin was working for Jon Voigt and his people. It was clear that Samantha would end up being offed, but killing Roger was a complete surprise.

Jack smoking out the room was a brilliant idea. Also you're right ReZ, I don't believe Mr. Buchanan and Chloe appeared in that episode. They were probably just listening in on Tony's wire.

On a side-note, I fucking hate Sky. The trailers they keep showing for the next episode just ruin everything, they showed a clip of Emerson holding a gun against Tony's head, with Tony screaming at Jack to take a shot at him. Grr.

Holy crap, he buried Reneé!
:o That was an awesome twist, throws much more doubt on whether she survived or not than when he did a similar thing to Nina in series 1. The silent clock completed the atmosphere at the end, absolutely brilliant.

I feel they made it too obvious that Roger's FBI munchkin was working for Jon Voigt and his people. It was clear that Samantha would end up being offed, but killing Roger was a complete surprise.

Jack smoking out the room was a brilliant idea. Also you're right ReZ, I don't believe Mr. Buchanan and Chloe appeared in that episode. They were probably just listening in on Tony's wire.

On a side-note, I fucking hate Sky. The trailers they keep showing for the next episode just ruin everything, they showed a clip of Emerson holding a gun against Tony's head, with Tony screaming at Jack to take a shot at him. Grr.

And as a side note you've just spoiled the next one for me as well :heh: But no matter.

Another great episode. Wasn't expecting them to kill off Roger at all, and I do wonder how the office drama between weedy weird FBI guy, weedy weird guys ugly wife and weedy weird guys hot affair person will affect the story. Hmm..

Anyone else had a think of what's going to happen to Tony once Day 7 is over?

He's died once, an obvious one would be to have him killed for good this time.

On the other hand, he's wanted by the FBI and pretty much the entire US government for hijacking the government infrastructural mainframe, seizing control of two planes and attempting to bring them down, selling off the device that helped him to do this to an African war criminal, kidnapping the Sangalan Prime Minister and his wife and killing most of his guards, the technology thefts and probably lots of other unspeakable things he did whilst working as a self-admitted terrorist.

He's going away for life, or he'll get the death penalty. Unless he and Jack manage to work an immunity deal with President Taylor...

Either way, I'm not entirely sure we'll be seeing him again after this season.

And as a side note you've just spoiled the next one for me as well :heh: But no matter.

Apologies, Dyson.

I reckon that at some point the Jack/Tony/Bill/Chloe/Renee group will end up having some direct contact with the President. The President will hear her husbands story about the conspiracy in the government and the president will end up working subversively with Jack. At the end, the remaining members of that team will get immunity / possibly a chance to reinstate a Federal whatsit for next season.

For your viewing pleasure....my friend bought this patch and sewed it on his bag. He's so cool. Those are my yellow shoed feet.

n61402827_34853034_9104.jpg

I feel (assuming Season 8 is the last) it would almost be a shame to lose Tony just before it.

I would love a Season 8 with a lot of the cast from all seasons, in an all out spectacular with many sacrifices having to be made, and not all characters making it out alive, Jack included.

Man, that'd be epic.

I dunno how they could do Jack's death sufficiently though. He's been so close on so many occasions, risking everything in all or nothing moments, so to have him die might be a bit of a anticlimax depending how they do it. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go down as a suicide, though.

Suicide eh? Interesting concept.

I see like a massive sacrificial kinda deal the way to go.

Exactly my point. In Redemption you heard how he said the only thing he has left is his freedom, what's he going to do when they take that away from him?

It would be impossible to kill Jack without it being an anticlimax now. After all the times he's been nearly out (tortured in that hospital and his heart stopping, flying the nuke plane, handed over to the chinese). It would have to be literally saving the entire world for it not to be rubbish.

Make him save the world then.

And what are terrorists going to do thats gonna fully end the world, worse than a nucear bomb?

Maybe Jack dying to save Kim?

This is an interesting idea. You could aruge that to Jack, Kim is the whole world.

Maybe Jack dying to save Kim?

I'm actually thinking that they could kill Kim. This could drive Jack to suicide, or just completely mentally destroy him. Kiefer said in an interview that 24 and Jack will meet a tragic end. He's been willing to die in the past, this is hardly tragic. Killing the last person he truly loves, however, is.

They should put him into some sort of situation where he basically has the choice of saving a hudnred thousand lives or Kim, then do something that basically forces him to choose to let Kim die. Then at the end of the day when all calms down he commits suicide. Thats the only circumstances I can really see that happening, considering his whole thing about China not wanting to "die for nothing"