NEurope
ReZourceman

24 Season 7/Redemption Thread

But where WAS this gas stuff? That's what I didn't understand :heh:

The hydraulics used to open/close the saferoom doors would be my guess. Burst the tanks, let them leak, add a spark (created by the firing mechanism in the gun) and "BOOM!"

I think Jack mentions that its a load of canisters of something, like tear gas grenade type things

24? Believable? :o

I'm re-watching Season 3 at the moment, S7 is certainly more believable than that. They seem to play out a mini-plot, then forget it existed, move on, play out the next one. Not my favourite season by far (2 was the best, by a LONG shot).

I personally thought 2 was a lot weaker than 1, despite being fantastic (I can't really mark down any series of 24 as crap, even 6! They all have their redeeming moments). The first episode was great, especially the last line from Jack.

"I'm gonna need a hacksaw."

YES. :D

Season 2 is the only season I havn't watched. Was planning on watching it pre-season seven but didn't get around to it. On the plus side it means that once S7 does finish I've got another one to watch :heh:

This is the first time I've ever watched 24, I like it, but it's a bit predictable. Plus soe f the acting is a little worthy...

What's with the storyline stolen from Die Hard 2/Diehard 4.0?

Still enjoying it, but it's quite derivative. Has Mrs Iun on the edge of her seat all the time, though compared to Chinese TV, this is Shakespeare.

Don't know why everyone has a problem with Redemption. It's good.

Don't know why everyone has a problem with Redemption. It's good.

I don't think many people had a problem with it to be honest! I enjoyed it anyway.

Indeed, I enjoyed it too.

Jesus god damn Christ! When the senator opened his door I nearly shat myself at not expecting assassin whassisface. It was mental! I'm fairly sure Tellyn will barge in shortly with awesome quotes and be reminiscing about how EPIC the heavy lifter at the end was, I couldn't stop laughing though!

Indeed, I enjoyed it too.

Jesus god damn Christ! When the senator opened his door I nearly shat myself at not expecting assassin whassisface. It was mental! I'm fairly sure Tellyn will barge in shortly with awesome quotes and be reminiscing about how EPIC the heavy lifter at the end was, I couldn't stop laughing though!

You honestly didn't see that coming? I mean, seriously?

After all that crap about having faith in the institutions of the country again I could almost see the guy off-shot loading an assault rifle with a big smile on his face.

It's like in a zombie film "I love you so much, Kelly When the apocalypse is over, I want you to be my wife. Oh, by the way, I am just going round this corner to do something pointless. La la lala..." SPLAT!

Maybe I'm getting jaded with my advancing years.

I'm still enjoying it, but it's getting a bit painful with all the things suddenly going wrong. I actually had to stop watching for five minutes. I stopped rooting for that guy out of the Lost Boys and started to hope someone would shoot him to put him out of his misery.

Word Dyson.

I gasped SO LOUD when

Red bit the bullet. Was NOT expecting that shit. Crazy. Means someone at FBI or whatever must still be evil?

Also now they think Jack killed him! :(

Finally.....wow. HAHHAHAH! Awesome. Was like "WTF is that noise"....

OMG....

JCB TO THE FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throughout most of that episode I was just waiting for Senator Mayor (Genius naming of a character by the way) to call Jack a Dumb Ass!

Anyway that was a prett good episode and I definately did not see Jack ramming the mobile with a Bulldozer!

You honestly didn't see that coming? I mean, seriously?

After all that crap about having faith in the institutions of the country again I could almost see the guy off-shot loading an assault rifle with a big smile on his face.

It's like in a zombie film "I love you so much, Kelly When the apocalypse is over, I want you to be my wife. Oh, by the way, I am just going round this corner to do something pointless. La la lala..." SPLAT!

Maybe I'm getting jaded with my advancing years.

I'm still enjoying it, but it's getting a bit painful with all the things suddenly going wrong. I actually had to stop watching for five minutes. I stopped rooting for that guy out of the Lost Boys and started to hope someone would shoot him to put him out of his misery.

You're a funny kind of fellow, ain'tcha. :heh:

I'm as caught up in 24 as the other lads are. That was somehow a slower feeling episode last night but still kick ass. I was starting to think that the Senator was coming round and that he was gonna be on Jack's side at last... and then... :o

Great fight at the end too.

That guy was built up to be really slick and efficient, but up against Jack (who was wounded) he was taken care of at ease. The bit with the digger was class, pretty mental sort of thing for Jack to do. :hehe:

I'm fairly sure Tellyn will barge in shortly with awesome quotes and be reminiscing about how EPIC the heavy lifter at the end was, I couldn't stop laughing though!

the_shining_movie_image_jack_nicholson__1_.jpg

Just as the Senator begins to see sense and learns that there may still be a threat to the US - DAMN. I honestly wasn't expecting that.

Next awesome thing of the episode: Morris.

The writers are doing a damn good job here; I'm still getting over the loss of Bill, then we get Morris. YES. :D

Then there's Larry. He's actually awesome too, I find his little "DAMN IT" fits of rage to be one of the highlights of this season.

Olivia's clearly covering her tracks now she knows that Ethan's on to her. Hot she may be, but she is a bitch.

The end of the episode was just fantastic. Jack coming in with the bulldozer was reminiscent of his assault on the Drazens' base in season 1. Loved it when he then managed to dropkick him twice in one fight, followed by the epic screwdriver-lob and a plank of wood to the face.

And to kick off my epic quote list of the episode, I'd like to start with a choice quote from ReZ last night.

"JCB TO THE FACE" - Smashing.

"If I wanted to kill you Senator you'd be dead already, now take a seat."

Senator Mayer: "And if the connection between Juma and Starkwood isn't there, will you turn yourself in?"

Jack: *Long silence* "Just open the files, sir."

"Last I heard from Chloe, Jack was working for the Bureau, which is you if I'm not mistaken." Morris. :heart:

"Every day I regret looking in the eyes of men, women and children, knowing that at any moment, their lives might be deemed expendable in an effort to protect the greater good. I regret every decision, or mistake, I might have made that resulted in the loss of a single innocent life. But do you know what I regret the most? It's that this world even needs people like me."

Seems I'm ahead of the curve.

To summarise. Episode 15:

Zomg-gomg-gomgomgogmogmg-zomg!

Wow, Jack was exposed pretty badly it seems... But yet he cannot die as his contract is for another 2 seasons after this I believe?

Maybe he'll turn into a sort of Radioactive man or something...

Can you guys start naming these by the hour? Nearly got caught out by your spoilers there!

I don't believe Jack's going to succumb to the gas. Nay, I won't believe it.

Also, was that terrorist Gary Sinise?

No.

Wow, Jack was exposed pretty badly it seems... But yet he cannot die as his contract is for another 2 seasons after this I believe?

Maybe he'll turn into a sort of Radioactive man or something...

I'm thinking that it was a decoy, and the real weapon's being prepped outside of Starkwood.

Also he said he's doing one more, I'm not sure about the existence of a contract for a ninth season.

I read a while ago (before this series started) that Keifer has been contracted for one more series then a movie after that.