N-Europe

Work Sucks!

flameboy

My work are trying to change our hours so we work on this crazy rolling rota where we have to do like 7 day weeks and nights in the middle of that...As a college it totally breaks and wrecks all the continity for the residential students who live at the college.

Turns out for the most part it is illegal. According to our contracts they have to give us 4 weeks notice and consult us on the plans. Whereas they have just slapped our rotas in front of us the week before half term and told us these are the hours you are doing deal with it. No consideration for people with children, who have childcare issues..

I love my job but its been enough to make me start looking for new jobs. Just proves they really don't give a shit about us...

My work are trying to change our hours so we work on this crazy rolling rota where we have to do like 7 day weeks and nights in the middle of that...As a college it totally breaks and wrecks all the continity for the residential students who live at the college.

Turns out for the most part it is illegal. According to our contracts they have to give us 4 weeks notice and consult us on the plans. Whereas they have just slapped our rotas in front of us the week before half term and told us these are the hours you are doing deal with it. No consideration for people with children, who have childcare issues..

I love my job but its been enough to make me start looking for new jobs. Just proves they really don't give a shit about us...

Didn't you say that your college was special needs in your last thread? That's terrible for the students... Seems a bit harsh on you guys too. Union rep is teh way forward. Don't give in to that treatment dude!

All the best!

Time to put a call in to your work Union perhaps Adam? (assuming you have one) cos that's not on... :nono:

Yeah one of my mates has called them in...there is a crisis meeting taking place apparently...I weote a very very long letter pointing out all my problems with the system but also the knock effects it has on many others...

Didn't you say that your college was special needs in your last thread? That's terrible for the students... Seems a bit harsh on you guys too. Union rep is teh way forward. Don't give in to that treatment dude!

All the best!

Yep you got it spot on...trying to explain it them they just don't get it. The system is so complicated and trying to get people who like their routines owing to their learning problems. Some of them pride themselves on knowing when all the staff are in and its amazing how they can just real off peoples hours at the click of finger but thats not gonna happen.

As if this term hasn't been hard enough...

Damn, sounds like you're having a hard time at work, dude.

That does create a whole load of issues, and I'm glad you're having meetings to sort it out. It annoys me when people get treated badly by employers, who think they can do so because they're giving you a wage. Sometimes, things are just more important than that, and like you said, its not fair for so many different reasons.