NEurope
Slaggis

X-Factor 2008

Bit strange that they have picked Hallelujah.

If Diana gets a record deal (im sure she will) I fully expect it to be on her album/b side single at least.

But to have it as the winners song is just welll hmmmm. JLS singing it would be interesting.

It's just a blatant attempt at gearing the show towards a Diana win!

Apparantely the other contestants are pissed off about it; very understandably!!

Yeah no doubt, I would be too.

I like Diana, I really do but don't think it's fair at all.

Anyway as for the song itself I think Jeff Buckley's version is a hell of a lot better than the original by Leonard Cohen. Just hope who ever wins doesn't butcher it as the song (Jeff Buckley version) has a lot of meaning for me from my past and would hate to see a "Diva" screamy voice all over it. :(

Jeff Buckley Live

I agree with Platty. Jeff Buckley's version is a fantastic version, I really hope they make their own cover version rather than cover a cover, if you know what I mean.

Originally the winning song was going to be "Born To Try" by Delta Goodrem (who is amazing in every respect).

However, yes, this rethink caters towards Diana WAY more. And is an astoundingly beautiful song.

i think they can see how the telephone vote is going and i bet diana is getting a major slice of the action. I hope there is some public lashback ... wheres that daddyman when you need him

Originally the winning song was going to be "Born To Try" by Delta Goodrem (who is amazing in every respect).

That would've been alot better, because now all we're going to hear is the sound of people knocking one out over Jeff Buckley.

When will everyone realise the Rufus Wainwright version is better.

Murray, I've heard Wainwright's version and it is excellent. :smile:

But Jeff Buckley is one of my Gods, so you know...meh. :heh:

I personally also love Kathryn Williams' version (not very well known), but it does sound a bit like she's just copying Jeff's a bit.

Song Choices (Britney song)

Diana - Not a Girl Not Yet A Woman - Cliche, and also. If they are going with an obvious choice, why did they not choose "Everytime"?

Alexandra - Toxic - I love it (Apparently with 14 "sexy" dancers and lots of general 'slutyness')

Eoghan - Sometimes - Burn in hell

Ruth - I Love Rock n Roll - Meh. So obvious.

JLS - Hit Me Baby One More Time - Will either be utter shit, or fantastic.

The rumoured "American songs" are Diana with "Just Like a Pill" or "Beautiful", Eoghan with an HSM song, Alex with "Crazy in Love", Ruth with "Heaven" and JLS with "No Air"

Also, Miley Cyrus will be opening the show with "7 things" (God, help us all) and then Britney will be performing during the results.

I'm still listening. Lol.

Incidentally....Toxic....video by Britney Spears. Yep. I have. Many times.

Happy knowing that?

Oh yay! Eggface performing a HSM song, meaning he's allowed loads of pointless shit and backing tracks to cover how shit he is!

Meh at the Britney choices. I like the souind ofthe american ones though.

Ive had a bet with my sister. £5. I said Diana will win, shes gone with JLS :)

Diana will beat JLS. (Hopefully)

They changed the winners song to fit her, for nancy's sake.

I'm still listening. Lol.

Incidentally....Toxic....video by Britney Spears. Yep. I have. Many times.

Happy knowing that?

I don't think I've seen the video, but the song always reminds me of Catwoman in Batman Returns. Apart from that, the song is shit.

I don't think I've seen the video, but the song always reminds me of Catwoman in Batman Returns. Apart from that, the song is shit.

Video

Bollocks, out of all of Britney's singles, "Toxic" is hardly one that can be called "Shit". It's a fantastic piece of pop music. People just seem to dismiss it because it's a Britney song.

I'm only interested in the In The Zone / My Prerogative songs.

Do Something and Toxic are win.

Do Somethin' is hilarious. So utterly over the the top/terrible. However bad it may be, I do enjoy listening to it.

I remember I had the album, and before it was a HUGE single, I thought Toxic sounded like "a superhero song".

I think it's the dynamic strings. The video uses this superhero thing too.

Apart from that, the song is shit.

To be fair to Britney, and everyone who has posted in this thread, Toxic is one of her best songs, and shouldn't really be called shit.

Bollocks, out of all of Britney's singles, "Toxic" is hardly one that can be called "Shit". It's a fantastic peice of pop music. People just seem to dismiss it because it's a Britney song.

I don't give a shit if it's a Britney song. It's still a shit piece of pop music.

I don't give a shit if it's a Britney song. It's still a shit piece of pop music.

I would argue, but I see there's no way of changing you're mind. You're utterly wrong.

Anyway, looking forward to Alex singing it. Though how she's going to make the high bits sound good is anyones guess.

I would argue, but I see there's no way of changing you're mind. You're utterly wrong.

And the same to you gringo. Except you're more utterly wrong.

MORE. :blank: