NEurope
Retro_Link

Let's Tap

NGamer's Japanese import review...

Most games would love to scale the multiplayer peaks reached by Let's Tap, but then most games are 95% bigger. Immensely charming for what it is.

74%

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12841

Let's Tap was officially confirmed for release in North America and Europe!

Today, SEGA has announced that Let's Tap will be hitting North America and Europe in Summer 2009! The game is developed by Prope, Yuji Naka's studio and is controlled by setting the remote down on a flat surface and tapping on it.

“Lets Tap offers a new and innovative way of playing on the Wii which only a videogame legend such as Naka-san could have ever possibly imagined.

It’s such a simple yet genius concept and still easy to pick up and play, everyone will be tapping away before you know it!” comments Gary Knight, European Marketing Director SEGA Europe.

The future tapping gamesupports up to 4 players and has 5 different game modes: Tap Runner, Visualizer, Silent Blocks, Bubble Voyager and Silent Tap. Stay alert for our import review of the Japanese version of the game covering every single mode, very very soon!

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (February 3, 2009) – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announces Let’s Tap™, a game that is blazing new ground in Nintendo Wii™ control design. Developed by Prope, the studio that Sonic the Hedgehog creator Yuji Naka established in 2006, Let’s Tap is the first product from the new studio to be released to in North America and Europe. Developed exclusively for Nintendo’s Wii™ system, Let’s Tap utilizes a ground-breaking control scheme where the Wii controller is placed on a box or flat surface so that the controller can detect minute vibrations. Players of all ages and skill levels then tap the box or flat surface to interact with the game; there’s no need to hold the controller. Let’s Tap is slated for a summer 2009 ship for the Nintendo Wii in North America and Europe.

“Lets Tap offers a new and innovative way of playing on the Wii which only a videogame legend such as Naka-san could have ever possibly imagined” Commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director SEGA Europe. “It’s such a simple yet genius concept and still easy to pick up and play, everyone will be tapping away before you know it!”

Featuring five separate game modes with multiple levels and allowing up to four players for multiplayer action, Let’s Tap presents an assortment of different finger-tapping challenges for players to master. In Tap Runner players use differing finger tapping pressure to make simple stick figure racers run through an obstacle course. In Visualizer players are allowed to create dazzling fireworks effects, dramatic paint strokes, amongst other effect as they tap out different rhythm patterns that correspond to different effects. Silent Blocks finds players taking turns removing blocks from a large stack, tapping too hard will result in a collapsing stack of blocks. Bubble Voyager allows players to fly through space, blasting obstacles and enemies in order to reach the far stretches of the universe. And finally Rhythm Tap allows players to time the taps of their fingers to high energy music.

Not surprising they brought it over considering Japanese sales were so abysmally bad. Would probably be a huge confidence blow to the team if like only 10,000-20,000 people (I bet that's all they've sold in japan life to date so far) ever played the game.

Japan seems to have absolutely no interest in new IP nowadays, only Nintendo seems to get away with the ultra-casual new ip's there and have them sell.

Only letdown is the lifespan and the fact that the game should be really cheap.

Well you are in luck then. Just been checking Gameplay website and they have it for £17.99 preordered! Awesome.

Really does feel like this would have been perfect for Wiiware :\ Would have been good for the service too considering how few and far between the truly great wiiware games get released.

It's £17.99 on Play.com with TWO tap boxes. :)

IGN UK Review - 8.5

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/995/995192p1.html

Closing Comments

It might seem slight, if not slightly ridiculous, but there's something utterly joyous about Let's Tap – from its deliriously captivating aesthetic (frankly worth the asking price alone) and stripped down arcade fundamentals to its immediately accessible, and surprisingly robust, control scheme. All of which add up to make one of the most downright entertaining and refreshing party experiences available on the Wii. No, it's not a game that's going to keep you enthralled for hours at a time but it's been expertly honed for occasional impromptu multiplayer giggles – and given the sub-20-quid price point in most retail outlets, you can hardly ask for more.

Wasn't expecting that!

Edited by Retro_Link

8.5 from IGN and an 8 from the tough reviewers of Eurogamer... this game must be doing something right!

Mine's still packing...

Eh? I've been checking Gameplays website and they said it was due out next week and now Game and play.com say its out now. Looks like I will have to pick it up when I go see Transformers 2 on Saturday. Despite it being a mini game fest im quite looking forward to playing it.

Let's despatch!

Got the email from Game earlier so should have mine tomorrow. :hehe: Not sure why it didn't get sent yesterday but not to worry, twill see me through the weekend! Tap tap!

Forgot about this game. If it's out tomorrow, then I may perhaps pick it up at GAME, if its £20 as I have that in credit. Be nice to play something casually instead of rushing through it. Only thing that worries me is replayability but if its £20 who cares really.

Mine was posted earlier today so I should have it by tomorrow, expect a full Pal review of it in due course. ;)

Yeah its official release date is tomorrow :D

Not sure if I can get it then but I will definatly be picking it up soon, I love the look of this game and the theme tune, oh it's just amazing =D

I hope this game sells well over here.

I would be playing this now, but i missed the postman so have to pick it up tomorrow from the sorting office! doh! haha

got it today £14.99 :) its a really fun game, if you like donkey konga or jungle beat style games youl love this too,, off to play more now

byes

got it today £14.99 :) its a really fun game, if you like donkey konga or jungle beat style games youl love this too,, off to play more now

byes

Im so excited now, I loved donkey konga and really wanted a sequel so this will do fine

Yeah it's pretty good on first play through, though it works better on a hard service then the actual boxes which come with it, however that hurts your fingers after about 5 mins of playing the Tap runner game!

I reckon it'll be a laugh with more players, and the £17.99-£19.99 price point was spot-on!

It's something a little different anyway!