NEurope
Retro_Link

Let's Tap

I don't know what the hell this is supposed to be, but it looks amazing!

Am I the only one who pictured David Bowie singing "Let's Tap"? Probably...

This looks like another mini-game collection, but damn, it looks good.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/915/915517p1.html

Sega Unveils Let's Tap

It really can be played by a penguine!

US, October 2, 2008 - Remember how confused you were when Sega opened up a teaser website for a game which appeared to take pride in the fact that it could be played by a penguin? Surely this was some sort of lost in translation scenario, right?

Apparently not. Today, Sega shared the identity of the mystery game. Titled Let's Tap, it appears that this game will be played without holding the controller.

At least, that's what Yuji Naka, head of developer Prope (and also one of the main forces behind Sonic, Nights and other Sega classics) implies in this introductory blurb at the re-opened site: "I've been making games for 25 years. At last, I've made a game that can be played without holding a controller."

The site shows an inverted Wiimote on the ground, and has a high-paced beat as background music. We're going to speculate that you play the game by doing something to the Wiimote with your foot -- perhaps tapping the giant B button?

More details will be available in 7 days when the site sees its full unveil.

Let's Tap is listed at the site as having the genre "Tap Action" and being playable by between 1 and 4 players (although the site also lists the possibility of infinite players). A Japanese release is set for December.

Controls situation sounds strange!

Hope IGN have got it wrong, because I don't really want peoples using their feet all over my Wii-Mote!

Why not just use the balance board!

Hope IGN have got it wrong, because I don't really want peoples using their feet all over my Wii-Mote!

You really shouldn't need to ask that question.

Considering they said "we speculate"... :heh:

Anyway, I'm willing to believe it will use the balance board, or a new device altogether.

Possibly Wii MotionPlus, and it detects small vibrations as you pound on the floor? I don't know, but it's intruiging.

I like it!!

Dazkarieh, you can also tap in the side you want to the action, such as removing a block from under the other. Other than that it seems to be dependant on the context of the game.

Hmm... the running looks like fun! have to wait and hear some impressions about how the rest works.

This is a unique idea and it kinda sickens me to see all the negativity on those gametrailers comments, like anything simplistic at all is automatically a terrible idea.

The only thing is it seems like it basically just does what the DK Bongos did...well without the clapping!