NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Punch-Out!!

Sorry if this is already common knowledge (but I wasn't aware of it :heh:) ..Punch-Out!! will use the Balance Board :smile:

Now thats great and makes alot of sense..i'm interested to see previews on this!

Yeh.. I'm more interested in this now that it has the option of using the Balance Board :yay:

I'm gonna download Super Punch-Out!! some time to see how I feel about it.. I think it could be cool for a few quick fights now and again :heh: ..I like the look of the Wii version, but not sure what to expect really..

NGamer's pre-E3 rumour was 100% correct then, looks like Nintendo just pulled it out at the last minute.

I'm still sat on the fence with this one.....It looks brilliant, but is it all style and no substance?

From the footage (which there isn't enough of for me to have given up on this yet) it just seems to lack depth.

I never played the original though, so maybe i need to go give that a try

I think this quote that I nicked from Eurogamers hands on will put to rest any fears that the game will be a short shallow experience.

"We're not allowed to discuss it at this time, but there are more hidden things, more exploratory things in the game to keep you coming back to perfect those boxers, and put your scores up on YouTube and compare yourself with anyone in the world... We barely fit this game onto a DVD, the amount of content that we've jammed into this is pretty impressive compared to our previous games. A simple yet deep experience I think is totally valid in this market."

That bit about Youtube... would that be done directly from the game, or the usual camcorder technique?

Cheers for that Hero, I knew (hoped) there had to be more to it than can be seen from the videos they're showing us at the moment.

"A simple yet deep experience I think is totally valid in this market."

Thats what i wanted to hear.

Yep DuD thats what I'd expected them to aim for with Punch-Out!!

"Simple yet deep" is the perfect combination of traits for this sort of game. :hehe:

I'm amazed by the cel-shading in this game. I know it's sad, but I decided to count the layers! I was playing Wind Waker last night (which I love) and I could only see one layer of shading. In the Punch Out trailer though, I know the training scenes are probably just cut-scenes, but I'm sure I can count four layers of shading in some of them (as well as the base colour)!

I wasn't all that interested in this game really.. until I downloaded Super Punch-Out!! on the VC on wednesday (and I love it :heh:)

Definitely looking out for this one now to see how it turns out :yay:

Tha graphics are really cool, some of the best cel shading out there.

However the gameplay seems to be Wii Sports Boxing+sidestepping.

Nintendo should really go for downloadable demos, because this could end up anywhere from the best sports game ever on the Wii, or it can become a useless gimmicky...thing along the lines of Wii Music.

Tha graphics are really cool, some of the best cel shading out there.

However the gameplay seems to be Wii Sports Boxing+sidestepping.

Nintendo should really go for downloadable demos, because this could end up anywhere from the best sports game ever on the Wii, or it can become a useless gimmicky...thing along the lines of Wii Music.

2/10

Try harder next time.

From GoNintendo

Our friend Geoff Keighley sent me an email to let me know that the next episode of GameTrailers TV will feature a new Punch-Out!! Wii trailer with some ‘brand-new features/twist’ that we haven’t learned yet. Pretty exciting news…any guesses!?

From GoNintendo

Our friend Geoff Keighley sent me an email to let me know that the next episode of GameTrailers TV will feature a new Punch-Out!! Wii trailer with some ‘brand-new features/twist’ that we haven’t learned yet. Pretty exciting news…any guesses!?
Cool, plus a new Geoff v Reggie interview too. They're always entertaining :heh::

Big Mac :woops: Giga Mac looks cool. :grin:

But the new episode of GTTV was disappointing to say the least. Why the hell didn't they have a vs match on Punch-Out!!? :blank:

Anyway, nice that Geoff still gives Reggie a hard time, he's like the Jeremy Paxman of the gaming world. :laughing:

I'm... still not totally convinced.

Make no mistake, I loved and played the NES and SNES-version to death, but I'm sceptical about this. I fear this might end up being a light-on-content-experience, and too much like it's forebears. I could live with this amount of content for a NES-title, but this is 2009, and I honestly don't think the multiplayer will make this an instant-classic.

Still, Eurogamers gives us good hope! Now let's hope they walk the walk.

Well I think it LOOKS incredible. And there's something about that multiplayer footage which makes me think it'll be great fun. If it was just another punchout with this 2 player mode tacked on, then I'd get it and undoubtedly love it.

But...didn't Next Level Game(seys) say that they have completely filled the DVD? Now this could be with the awesome cut scenes, but hopefully it's with playable content.

But...didn't Next Level Game(seys) say that they have completely filled the DVD? Now this could be with the awesome cut scenes, but hopefully it's with playable content.

That is indeed promising, but my internal sceptical organ whispers to me that MGS4 filled an entire Blu-Ray, but didn't exactly overwhelm me with masses of gameplay.*

Super Smash Bros. Brawl also filled an entire DVD, but when compared to Melee, I fail to see the benefits gameplay-wise.**

[* Riot-control: MGS4 is a great game, but didn't offer an awful lot gameplay-content for an entire Blu-Ray. I mostly remeber cutscenes and installations. ;)]

[** More riot-control: SSBB is a great game too, and there is a lot of content, to be sure, but I too hope they don't stuff Punch-Out with music, stickers, trophies, but with actual gameplay. Melee came on a much smaller disc, but I feel it gave more on the gameplay-front , whereas Brawl sometimes feels like a collect-a-thon.]

The mayor problem with the multiplayer, as far as I can tell now, is that you can only play as Little Mac (or Giga Mac if opportunity rises), but that feels like constantly having to play Ruy vs. Ruy on Street Fighter. Then again, what other cards haven't been laid on the table yet? :p

What are the chances of a mode where you have to complete specific challenges? ;)

Anyway, it indeed looks great! Pink trainings for the win! I'm pleased the design stay very close to the original NES-game.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Sign in to follow this