NEurope
Tellyn

Another Code: R, Gateway of Memory ** MARK SPOILERS!**

Lol, I wonder if most people have gotten stuck at the computer bit like I have or some other bit as this thread has been pretty inactive of late. XD

Afaik only Start/Select has completed it... surely someone else has by now as well, if so then please 'halp meh!' with the password bit or give me a clue because it's really annoying me atm. :heh:

Ooooh... what happens to Mark??

Spoiled rotten as a child!

Lol, I wonder if most people have gotten stuck at the computer bit like I have or some other bit as this thread has been pretty inactive of late. XD

Afaik only Start/Select has completed it... surely someone else has by now as well, if so then please 'halp meh!' with the password bit or give me a clue because it's really annoying me atm. :heh:

I've it saved in Doc Robbins cottage, just before that bit I think. I've swung back to playing a spot of Grand Slam Tennis since the weekend so AC: R hasn't seen the playtime it needs. :heh:

Not quite got that far yet SCG so I can't be of any help. I'm only up to the Boathouse and I'm stuck there.

Ok, got the bag but need the 4 letter combination for it and haven't a clue what it is. I know it's not MATT because you can't spell it out on the 4 dials (even though dial 2 has MATT on it) so what I'd like to know is where should I look for clues to what it is. Don't tell me what it is but just hint at where I should look.

Not quite got that far yet SCG so I can't be of any help. I'm only up to the Boathouse and I'm stuck there.

Ok, got the bag but need the 4 letter combination for it and haven't a clue what it is. I know it's not MATT because you can't spell it out on the 4 dials (even though dial 2 has MATT on it) so what I'd like to know is where should I look for clues to what it is. Don't tell me what it is but just hint at where I should look.

Have you got a picture of Matt's family?

look in the drawer of the desk and try your origami skills

If I remember correctly the hint with the picture won't help. I think I studied the bag a little better and figured it out.

Edited by ceciliap
Automerged Doublepost

look in the drawer of the desk and try your origami skills

Thank you Ceciliap! and welcome to the forums. :)

I am so stuck!! I am on chapter 4. I have found the guitar pick in the drain, however I can not get it out. I have opened everything cupboard and clicked on every highlighted thing but I can not for the life of me get the pick out of the drain.

HELP! Also, does anyone know how many chapters there are??::shrug:

I am so stuck!! I am on chapter 4. I have found the guitar pick in the drain, however I can not get it out. I have opened everything cupboard and clicked on every highlighted thing but I can not for the life of me get the pick out of the drain.

HELP! Also, does anyone know how many chapters there are??::shrug:

Heya pinky, good to hear you've made quite a bit of progress since the BBQ :) that bit you're on, I did that recently, if you want just a clue as to how to get the pick out then look around on the ground near the drain... if you want the full solution though then click this spoiler box...

First you need the hosepipe which should be on the ground near the drain, you then attach it to the water tap and turn it on, however...

the above will set you on the right track of how to get it but there is something else you need to do after that bit so if you want to know that bit as well then click this other spoiler box...

the hose has holes in it! :o so you need to tape it up with the tape found at Ashley's Dad's cottage in the left-hand desk drawer upstairs in the bedroom, tape the pipe up and then try and use it again, now you'll be able to get the pick case... ^^

Hope this helps. :)

Heya pinky, good to hear you've made quite a bit of progress since the BBQ :) that bit you're on, I did that recently, if you want just a clue as to how to get the pick out then look around on the ground near the drain... if you want the full solution though then click this spoiler box...

First you need the hosepipe which should be on the ground near the drain, you then attach it to the water tap and turn it on, however...

the above will set you on the right track of how to get it but there is something else you need to do after that bit so if you want to know that bit as well then click this other spoiler box...

the hose has holes in it! :o so you need to tape it up with the tape found at Ashley's Dad's cottage in the left-hand desk drawer upstairs in the bedroom, tape the pipe up and then try and use it again, now you'll be able to get the pick case... ^^

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you for all of this. I am now truely stuck! With regards to Matthew when he gets sick....I have found everything apart from the pure water. I thought it was that puddle by the photographers cottage but it turns out it is not that. I filled the kettle up with that water from the puddle and it just says it is not enough. I have looked everywhere and can not find it! Help please! x

Thank you for all of this. I am now truely stuck! With regards to Matthew when he gets sick....I have found everything apart from the pure water. I thought it was that puddle by the photographers cottage but it turns out it is not that. I filled the kettle up with that water from the puddle and it just says it is not enough. I have looked everywhere and can not find it! Help please! x

Have you figured out how to check if the water is pure ?

I think the water testing kit was in dads desk, use it to see if the water is ok.

Do you remember where you fount Matt ? There is also water worth checking out.

If someone's entered the clock tower , thats where I'm stuck

trying to start that old clock

Help ?

Edited by ceciliap

5/10 from Gamecentral chaps, I was planning on waiting for a price drop as the game looks quite good

5/10 from Gamecentral chaps, I was planning on waiting for a price drop as the game looks quite good

Lol I've just read the Gamecentral review and I don't agree with it at all... I've submitted my part of N-europe Another Code R review earlier today so with any luck it'll be up on the main site soon hopefully along with a second opinion from Darksnowman, it promises to be a much fairer review Imo; I realise that the game may not be for everyone by a 5/10 is just wrong.

Gamecentral? As in the teletext thing? pfft. They usually get things a bit wrong with their 'reviews'. 5 is a little harsh though. Given that there are areas that could have been improved upon with longer development time, it's, overall, a fantastic package that really brings home the relax atmosphere, not only in the game but that which comes from playing it.

Anyway, I'm upto chapter 5, running around collecting two items for a certain someone to mix together :wink: Very enjoyable so far. Bit slower in pacing than Two Memories on the DS but I like it like that. Can just get lost in the game's atmosphere as a result.

You're welcome :)

As for the water...

You know the stream that runs under a little bridge on the way to the run down shack? get the water from there.

:smile:

If someone's entered the clock tower , thats where I'm stuck

trying to start that old clock

Okies, what you've got to do is...

Insert the keys in this order...

Sword then Moon then Rose

Turn the Sword key 4 times, then the Moon key 1 time and finally the Rose key 6 times :smile:

I hope this helps! :D

Help ?

Was just saying chaps, end of the day it's one person's opinion lol.

I quite liked Another Code on Ds and preferred Hotel Dusk more so chances are I'll like this game, plus I need another game on the wii I'll wait for the £20 mark.

Thx, S.C.G! I managed to put all my clues together and solved the puzzle about an hour ago.

Right now I'm stuck at another place but I think I'll spend some more time trying to figure out that puzzle before I ask for help again.

Thx, S.C.G! I managed to put all my clues together and solved the puzzle about an hour ago.

Right now I'm stuck at another place but I think I'll spend some more time trying to figure out that puzzle before I ask for help again.

You're welcome :) it really is an excellent game that you can easily lose yourself in, it's just at those points when some puzzles seem 'impossible' that the pace can slow right down, other than that, it's great fun.

Was just saying chaps, end of the day it's one person's opinion lol.

I quite liked Another Code on DS

Fair enough, but 5/10 is still a very low score and it seemed like the reviewer didn't really appreciate the series anyway as it came across that he hadn't played the original DS title first.

I really loved the original DS game, it's been a while since I last played it though, so now that I've finished the sequel I'm gonna play through the DS original again, right now! :)

Roughly how long is the game?

Another Code : R is about twenty hours or so long if you skip stuff and up to around thirty if you play it properly.

Another Code : Trace Memory is only about Ten hours long in comparison, maybe up to twelve or so but either way about half the length of its sequel.

I just loaded up my original cleared file on the DS game and it took me just over ten hours to complete, but the Wii version too me pretty close to thirty hours to clear.

I just loaded up my original cleared file on the DS game and it took me just over ten hours to complete, but the Wii version too me pretty close to thirty hours to clear.

Jeepers. :o I played through the DS one the other weekend (for the first time ever) in about 7 hours less than that...!

Jeepers. :o I played through the DS one the other weekend (for the first time ever) in about 7 hours less than that...!

So it took you three hours to complete Another Code on the DS? did you skip any of the investigation bits? :heh: tbf I bought the game when it came out and new games like that at the time tend to take a while to complete, especially without a walkthrough, I recall getting stuck a good few times. :/

Having said that I could probably complete the DS version again - which I'm doing now - in less than half the time I reckon. :)

Oh, yeah, I took my time and read everything- I'm very thorough and there's no point in rushing through! My only target was to finish it by the time AC: R arrived. I got stuck about twice but was soon able to figure it out after taking a break from the game. :heh:

Oh, yeah, I took my time and read everything- I'm very thorough and there's no point in rushing through! My only target was to finish it by the time AC: R arrived. I got stuck about twice but was soon able to figure it out after taking a break from the game. :heh:

Good, I'm glad to hear that you played it properly :) still though three hours? I guess it is possible just about, I would have thought closer to five though, but I guess it's a smaller game by todays stadards, when I first got the game it always seemed more epic years back. :/