NEurope
Tellyn

Another Code: R, Gateway of Memory ** MARK SPOILERS!**

I think the words you are looking for are Deep, wet and reflective.

Everything I want in a woman.

Story:

Set two years after the first Trace Memory, the Wii game stars 16-year-old Ashley Mizuki Robbins, a girl who once thought her parents died at a young age.

That turned out to be untrue, as (spoiler alert) she's reunited with her scientist father Richard, although the meeting was more than a little bittersweet. Now Richard's invited Ashley to Juliet Lake, a campground nearby his research lab -- and a place infested with memories of Ashley's mother, who researched human memory before dying in a smash-and-grab when Ashley was young.

Apparently our heroine visited this lake with her mother long ago, and your task is to explore the place and figure out exactly what happened to her mother. Like the original, you'll use a variety of control gimmicks as you go, waving the Wii around like a pointer to examine stuff (Strong Bad-style) and using gadgets like cameras and water-testing kits to solve puzzles. Ashley will also get help from the locals, including forest ranger Dan Maxwell (who you'll be relying on when your backpack gets stolen) and Tommy Harrison, a worker at the lake's guest house whose Norman Bates-like demeanor is obviously hiding something a bit more sinister.

The Trace Memory sequel is coming pretty quick to Japan, where it's due out next month in Japan.

Official site

Videos :

One

Two

Three

Four

Of my few DS games, the first Another Code is definitely one of my favourites.

Would consider getting a Wii version.

Of my few DS games, the first Another Code is definitely one of my favourites.

Would consider getting a Wii version.

I'II for sure pick up a copy. But I'd hope that it's not as short as the DS version-which did have a limited form of replay (slight differences on 2nd play thru) but still felt like the whole game was over too quick.

Zack & Wiki has got me loving puzzle point and click adventures, so I'll definately think about getting this, as long as it's not too short [as Gentleben said].

Well, personally, if they make all of the little minigames/puzzles as innovative as on the DS then I'm in but then I'm already set on getting this. That stamp puzzle on the DS game had me stumped for awhile as I didn't realise what to do. So embarassed when I realised all I had to do was shut the DS and open it again.

Zack & Wiki has got me loving puzzle point and click adventures, so I'll definately think about getting this, as long as it's not too short [as Gentleben said].

Have you played the first game, dude? I recommend picking it up if you haven't - I spotted it for about £15 preowned in Gamestation.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY DO THIS?

JUST BRING US HOTEL DUST WII

I thought the forum had been missing something lately. :indeed: Have you even played Another Code?

JUST BRING US HOTEL DUST...

I'm sure I don't need to point this out but...

:laughing:

...because Another Code on the DS is an amazing (if short lived) game and is perfectly suited for the Wii. Heck, if this does well, a Hotel Dusk Wii game might be considered, you never know.

I hope so

I really want Hotel Dusk Wii

And no Tellyn, I didn't :P

I hope so

I really want Hotel Dusk Wii

And no Tellyn, I didn't :P

Then you must GTFO. That's right, of the internet.

NO U!!!

Seriously, is it even comparable with the masterpiece that Hotel Dusk is, though?

Yes. Another Code on the DS is a masterpiece in itself. The fact you haven't played it shocks and appalls me. :heh: Seriously, it's a good game. I'm yet to try Hotel Dusk on the DS myself but I've sort of given up on the DS as I don't really have the time for it.

How did Another Code on DS get rated by Famitsu? Here's the lowdown of the Wii one:

Famitsu score - 7777

- The transition to 3D improved the cinematic direction

- Big emphasis on story/dialog over puzzles

- Story is in the vein of a young adult novel

- Music is splendid

- emphasis on story causes pacing issues

- Not enough puzzles

Agghh...big emphasis on story/dialogue over puzzles? Sounds like it's going the way of Hotel Dusk, which was nowhere near as good as Another Code. Not good news.

Hotel Dusk is shite in comparison. I'm fairly sure I made my feelings clear on how good the original Another Code was.

oh god no hotel dusk improved on another code in just about every way.. it was also a far longer game with a better story.

another code was just easier...

that's how I feel

- Another Code: R (7/7/7/7, 28 points): The Wii-only sequel to Trace Memory has made the leap from 2D to 3D graphics, which "results in a nice, standard upgrade to the graphics, but also slows the pace of gameplay down to a leisurely walk." Reviewers lauded the "beautiful landscapes and expressive characters," but noted that this was less old-school adventure and more like the pretty, story-driven games we've seen out of Europe in recent years. "The focus is less on puzzle solving and more about the father-daughter connection, giving it the feel of a young-adult novel," one wrote. "Compared to the volume of the story, the amount of puzzle-solving you're asked to do is a little light."