N-Europe

Nintendo Holding a Conference- October 2nd

Hero-of-Time

Nintendo has been hush-hush on any new, big Wii and Nintendo DS projects since July's Electronic Entertainment Expo, but if current rumors are to be believed, that radio silence won't be for much longer.

Word through various sources is that Nintendo is readying a press event in Japan for October 2nd or 3rd. While we have yet to receive confirmation of such event from our Nintendo of America sources, this rumor is strengthened by a two-day event scheduled by NOA for October 2nd and 3rd in the US.

No hints of what the company has planned have been revealed by NOA, but the timing of the Japanese event rumor ties in well with the Nintendo of America event. It's possible that a large-scope announcement or announcements will be made by Nintendo's Japanese branch and relayed to North American press during the scheduled event.

We'll have more as it breaks.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would post this as it does seem like it could go hand in hand with the Conferences.

A blurb from the recent ONM blog…

Although some of these games may slip beyond Christmas, as far as we know just now Wii gamers can look forward to the likes of Animal Crossing: City Folk, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels, Wii Music, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009, Sonic Unleashed, Shaun White Snowboarding, Call Of Duty 5, Tomb Raider Underworld, MySims Kingdom, Dead Rising, Skate It, Rayman Raving Rabbids 3 and maybe a few other surprises that some big developers may still have up their sleeve (wink, wink).

Well, we always know that there are suprises in-store, but this mention is particuarly interesting. With Nintendo holding two big events on October 2nd, one would think that some of these secret games would be announced. Anyone care to make any bets on what will happen October 2nd?!

Interesting.

So you dont think they dont know before we know?

IF any new games are announced, there's a small possibilty that they would have known before hand that those games are in development. As for the actual conference though, the only people that know what is going to happen there is Nintendo.

A new one is very unlikely. Ports of MGS: 2 & 3 on the Wii could easily happen I think.

How about Metal Gear 1&2 remade using the MGS3 engine? That would kick ass.

Anyways, the lads at gametrailers are talking about the Wii HD coming in 2010, as if it somehow got confirmed today.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40284.html

So what are you thinking? A guess? Or a known fact?

I would love a "Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 Return" on Wii :heh: ..I have only ever played The Twin Snakes and it is one of my favourite games :) I love it :yay:

Metal Gear Solid DS is also crying out to be made :heh: ..I'm sure Kojima could do some nice things with it and I feel the DS would be perfect!

I think this will at least be Nintendo in house or second party. I can't see them having an event just to reveal 3rd party games.

Yeah, the Nintendo event will be 1st- or 2nd-party games. I just got confused about ONM saying games from "big developers" are on the way. I wouldn't have thought they meant Nintendo.

Factor 5 and Amusement Vision doing Kid Icarus and F-Zero respectively would certainly fit the bill, I think. Not Capcom, I admit, although I know it'd be nice if they did another Zelda: Four Swords (I think that development team has been let go, more's the pity).

Paper Mario 3 by Intelligent Systems could be on the cards, and I still say whoever did Star Fox Command had exactly the right idea for that particular series.

Out of interest, when would everyone like to see the next real Zelda? I think anything later than December 2010 would be too late. In which case, I really wouldn't mind seeing something now, or at least by E3 2009.

How about Metal Gear 1&2 remade using the MGS3 engine? That would kick ass.

Anyways, the lads at gametrailers are talking about the Wii HD coming in 2010, as if it somehow got confirmed today.

A remake of MG and MG2 could be good, though I think that would be more likely for the PS3.

That could be possible. Alot of people have been hoping for 1080p for a while and I don't think Nintendo will wait with the number of people with HDTVs going up every day.

I would love a "Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 Return" on Wii :heh: ..I have only ever played The Twin Snakes and it is one of my favourite games :) I love it :yay:

Metal Gear Solid DS is also crying out to be made :heh: ..I'm sure Kojima could do some nice things with it and I feel the DS would be perfect!

I'm sure if we got MG on the DS it would probably be a port of Acid.

This MGS talk is making me yearn for some Splinter Cell action! MGS on DS could be cool if it was done in 2D, I personally don't think 3D would be the way to go with it. A 2D MGS on Wiiware would also be cool, imo.

Even just a remake of MG and MG2 (in 2D) would be good. I can't see an exclusive MG game coming to a Nintendo system, Its only happened once and that one isn't really considered an official MG.

Yeah, the Nintendo event will be 1st- or 2nd-party games. I just got confused about ONM saying games from "big developers" are on the way. I wouldn't have thought they meant Nintendo.

Factor 5 and Amusement Vision doing Kid Icarus and F-Zero respectively would certainly fit the bill, I think. Not Capcom, I admit, although I know it'd be nice if they did another Zelda: Four Swords (I think that development team has been let go, more's the pity).

Paper Mario 3 by Intelligent Systems could be on the cards, and I still say whoever did Star Fox Command had exactly the right idea for that particular series.

Out of interest, when would everyone like to see the next real Zelda? I think anything later than December 2010 would be too late. In which case, I really wouldn't mind seeing something now, or at least by E3 2009.

I think if they revealed even one of those games we would all forget about E3.

Would you get it when it comes out? And imagine The Legend Of Zelda in HD.

Probably. Hopefully Nintendo will make Monitor cables for it.

Hmm, that was interesting. I liked the Xbox 720 prototype.

My way of looking at it is this: How much use do Nintendo want to get out of Wii Sports Resort and MotionPlus? This peripheral reminds me strongly of the N64's RAM pak.

2010? The sooner the better, I say, but I still stick by my prediction of late 2011.

It's true that HDTVs are becoming almost the only type of TV you can buy, and it would be better to upscale at source (ie. the console) rather than hope you get a TV that's good at it.