NEurope
RossK

Ghostbusters 3..script being written.hmm

Hope it happens and is a sharp satire like the first one. I don't see any reason why any of them would be too old or overweight. It's not like there are many stunts.

It's unusual, but I am in heavy agreement with O_W. I was 11 when it came out so I remember how it was slated by critics, and how it was a huge disappointment to my friends and I. In no way did it have the popularity that the first did.

I respect Oddy's opinion more than Oxy's, but I'm still scratching my head as to how exactly people could have found it disappointing?

GB2 has got a dancing toaster in it ffs! :nono:

Hey, Ramar, ReZ, don't hate me, I'm just pointing out facts. I don't really like the second all that much... and I grew up loving the first, so I guess I'm a bit biased, but that's the truth of things, fans were not happy about it and neither were critics.

imdb doesnt take away a dancing toaster and said statue of liberty controlled by a nes joypad.

OxyWaste, as much as I love you, you're a blatant liar!

Ghostbusters 2 was fucking awesome. What exactly was wrong with it?! I thought it was a damn good sequel. :)

I can't even imagine fans not liking the Statue of Liberty part in Ghostbusters 2. It's just awesome.

Your love, lifting me higher!

Not really a patch on Mr Stay Puft though.

OxyWaste, as much as I love you, you're a blatant liar!

Ghostbusters 2 was fucking awesome. What exactly was wrong with it?! I thought it was a damn good sequel. :)

No I'm not, point out where I lied? :heh: I dare you!

What was wrong with it? Put bluntly: everything. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't better in the first. In other words, it was worse than the first on every thing. Like, literally. Also, it felt completely pointless, what I call an unncessary sequel. Much like Alien 3 & 4, or Matrix 2 & 3, and many others, it's just completely pointless, as it lowers the bar in every single way possible. Which pretty much is enough for me to not like it. However, it could've been worse than the first and still retain it's quality (like Back To The Future 2), however that was not the case, it was simply no good. (It wasn't terrible, it was just... completely mediocre.)

Not really a patch on Mr Stay Puft though.

Obviously. And I would agree Ghostbusters 2 isn't as great as the first. But it's still a decent sequel.

Ghostbusters 2 is an odd one. I loved it when it was released (I was about 10) and couldn't understand why it was panned. Nowadays I don't like it so much.

This may sound strange, but my biggest problem with the film is its use of baby actor(s). I didn't notice it when I was young, but the poor kid looks distressed in some of the scenes.

Secondly, there are only two really funny scenes: the one where Peter Venkman presents "World of the Strange" and the one where Louis Tulley babysits with Janine.

The Scolari Brothers scene is good, but other than that, there's nothing very classic. The Statue of Liberty was a good idea, but it's just an actress dressed up!

Other than that, I consider it a good film.

No I'm not, point out where I lied? :heh: I dare you!

What was wrong with it? Put bluntly: everything. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't better in the first. In other words, it was worse than the first on every thing. Like, literally. Also, it felt completely pointless, what I call an unncessary sequel. Much like Alien 3 & 4, or Matrix 2 & 3, and many others, it's just completely pointless, as it lowers the bar in every single way possible. Which pretty much is enough for me to not like it. However, it could've been worse than the first and still retain it's quality (like Back To The Future 2), however that was not the case, it was simply no good. (It wasn't terrible, it was just... completely mediocre.)

I was thinking of it like the original and the newer Star Wars trilogies. Kids and adults loved the first set, but really only kids liked the second set, and it was largely just thought of as a cash-in by all the adults that loved the first.

I was thinking of it like the original and the newer Star Wars trilogies. Kids and adults loved the first set, but really only kids liked the second set, and it was largely just thought of as a cash-in by all the adults that loved the first.

I don't think thats a relevant analogy here at all. I think its purely down to taste really.

Edit;/ Read the below post, and I see where you're coming from now. I do think that it has some of that in number 2 but I would agree not as much.

And obviously Office writers is bloody bloody amazing.

Yes, absolutely. Ghostbusters is full of dry wit, a lot of which went over my head when I was young. It's very rude!

Ghostbusters 2 was geared towards merchandise, kids' meals, that sort of thing. It's actually quite a tacky film in many ways (Statue of Liberty being an actress dressed up; painting of Vigo looks good, but not when he comes out of the painting etc).

Still, writers from the US Office is a good sign they want to focus on dry comedy.

Harold Ramis Confirms Ghostbusters 3 Plans

September 8, 2008

Source: Chicago Tribune

by Alex Billington

Ghostbusters

One more update on Ghostbusters 3 today to hold us over until we hear casting news or more details. At this point it is definitely not a rumor anymore, Sony is making a sequel, no question about it. The film doesn't have a finished script yet, but discussion are underway and importantly, the four original Ghostbusters will most likely be returning - but not exactly like you might have imagined. Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Harold Ramis, and even Bill Murray will all be involved in some way, so expect one hell of a triumphant return! Dr. Egon himself emailed the Chicago Tribune with a brief update over the weekend and I thought it'd be great to feature today, especially if you're a fan who is excited for the sequel.

Harold Ramis confirms the details that we previously wrote about plus adds a little more about the concept for this sequel. Here's his e-mail sent to the Chicago Tribune:

"yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my year one writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing year one and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity. not much else to say at this point."

the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity.

Just as I suspected, it'll be GBTNG.

i didnt like the 2nd ghostbusters as well and i heard alot of ideas to 2nd would have been about other rivals to them.

i have that extreme ghostbusters dvd set! and a real ghostbusters dvd set too!:bowdown: an official one for real ghosbusters is coming out later this year in the shape of the firehouse with all the eps and extras on it .

i have that extreme ghostbusters dvd set! and a real ghostbusters dvd set too!:bowdown: an official one for real ghosbusters is coming out later this year in the shape of the firehouse with all the eps and extras on it .

!!!

Must buy!

Cool.

i had alot of 'real' ghostbuster toys as a kid :)

Oh sweet!

Cool.

i had alot of 'real' ghostbuster toys as a kid :)

Same. My grandad built my brother a wooden firehouse, it was awesome, had the pole and looked just like the plastic one. I also once lost Peter at the bus stop in the snow, found him when we came back from town. One of the best days of my life. ;)

Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are 2 of my fave movies ever! So i'm so excited about this, with the orginal cast on board it can not fail.

I demand that the stay puft makes an apperence.

Oh sweet!

Same. My grandad built my brother a wooden firehouse, it was awesome, had the pole and looked just like the plastic one. I also once lost Peter at the bus stop in the snow, found him when we came back from town. One of the best days of my life. ;)

i had the firehouse, silmer, ghostbuster car and the ghostbuster team. :)