Sign in to follow this  
navarre

North vs South

North or South?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. North or South?

• North
    • South

And whoever said "where's the London option" can get bent. London's awful - sure it's cool to visit but living there is dreadful = and horribly expensive too! Try something better like Paris.

Wait, you insult London then suggest an even worse place to live in? Where's the logic in that?

And for all the Midlands residents, please note this is not a 'Where do you live' thread, this is 'Which do you think is better' thread. I live in the South but I voted North. You choose which part you think is better, not where you think you live.

I would say the south wins due to better weather etc but because of that everyone wants to live here which makes it expensive and congested so it all kind of pans out.

Northerners probably think southerner are just 'unfriendly'. However im sure if the economic situtation and population density was reversed to the north then im sure this perspective would be reversed too.

Then thats my biased southern point of view.

I hate Scottish accents, but sometimes I hear one and I want to hire them, just to tell me stories in their lovely voices. But the real gruff ones are literally inaudible. I once got on a prt-route bus, because I had no idea what the driver was shouting at me.

And I've lived here all my life.

---

TBH, I see a lot more beautiful people when I'm in London, if only because of the concentration of different types of people.

From my experience Northerners tend to have more common sense, more understatement (we say 'not bad' rather than 'good') and be more down-to-earth (no nonsense). Also tend to be more laid back.

Wherever you go you get your fair share of rough characters so making generalisations on North and South based on people like that is misguided.

North > South

Just like Leeds Fest > Reading Fest ;)

When i went to southend for a Barnsley match i asked for a cheese burger and the guy behind the counter said is that all? But it sounded like he said settle haha. I actually had to ask me mate what he said :/

And for all the Midlands residents, please note this is not a 'Where do you live' thread, this is 'Which do you think is better' thread. I live in the South but I voted North. You choose which part you think is better, not where you think you live.

That's why we're not voting!

Harumph!

Wait, you insult London then suggest an even worse place to live in? Where's the logic in that?

We're well aware of where we live. But what about those who live in the north and south who prefer the midlands? It's not black and white dammit. Give us a fucking shade of gray!

Have you actually lived in Paris? I doubt it. Go try it - I assure you it shits on London - like most things do in France. Sure, the French are losers, but at least they build for the future - their rail and road networks puts our to shame. Plus the metro is actually reliable.

Yeah as The Villain said. What if we like where we are. Neither North nor South.

As i said, i wont vote until there's a Midland option! I live in Bournemouth but i wont vote south as i think the Midlands are the best.

Have you actually lived in Paris? I doubt it. Go try it - I assure you it shits on London - like most things do in France. Sure, the French are losers, but at least they build for the future - their rail and road networks puts our to shame. Plus the metro is actually reliable.

No, I have never lived in Paris, nor have any intention to live there. Their road networks are destroyed by hefty tolls you have to pay every 50 KM- and I'm very satisfied with Britain's current rail network, thanks. What, you think I'm going to move out of London just because the French have better transport? Seriously, you think Paris is better than London because their trains arrive on time?

Yeah as The Villain said. What if we like where we are. Neither North nor South.

But the Midlands isn't included. O.K. Let's just pretend the Midlands don't exist. What part of the country would you rather reside in?

North > South

Just like Leeds Fest > Reading Fest ;)

When i went to southend for a Barnsley match i asked for a cheese burger and the guy behind the counter said is that all? But it sounded like he said settle haha. I actually had to ask me mate what he said :/

'sat awl? :P Made me laugh :)

Well I live in brighton, and it's a superb place to live, but I think the south in general is up its own arse most of the time, and easily riled. The north is grim, but the humour is stronger because of it - and it's cheaper.

But the Midlands isn't included. O.K. Let's just pretend the Midlands don't exist. What part of the country would you rather reside in?

Wales.

white letters

Wales.

white letters

I don't blame you. I suppose Wales (or the great bulk of it) is geographically part of the South. It is beautiful.

Wales isn't the South of England. It's Wales.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :indeed:

Fine which planet would you like to live on. But lets pretend Earth doens't exist.

(Yeah im being awkward because its fun to be so).

Honestly the part of the country I'd like to reside in is several hundred thousands of miles away across the water. Im indifferent to this whole funny-shaped island.

Wales isn't the South of England. It's Wales.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :indeed:

The Villan's notes:

Take a look back at the first page. Note to self that navarre said Britain, not England. Apologise. Hope to hell navarre doesn't embarass you more.

Well, you could have fooled me because everyone was going on about England. You were, for one.

Besides, Wales is actually in the centre of Britain. Especially the bit of Wales I want to live in: Central Wales.

Want me to say the prolonged "duh" again?

Well, you could have fooled me because everyone was going on about England. You were, for one.

Besides, Wales is actually in the centre of Britain. Especially the bit of Wales I want to live in: Central Wales.

Want me to say the prolonged "duh" again?

Really? Well, that's funny, because I don't ever remember mentioning England.

Your mis-interpretation is no fault of mine.

You live in London, which is in ENGLAND.

And most of your first post was about England. You only mentioned another country in Britain by mentioning the Scottish accents, that was the only part not about England.

Also, a North V South discussion never involves Wales or Scotland. Just England. It's always about Yorkshiremen against "Those London Types".

You live in London, which is in ENGLAND.

And most of your first post was about England. You only mentioned another country in Britain by mentioning the Scottish accents, that was the only part not about England.

Also, a North V South discussion never involves Wales or Scotland. Just England. It's always about Yorkshiremen against "Those London Types".

England is the biggest and most populated country in Britain. I never meant too directly place England in my favour. I apologise if any confusion was caught. It also saddens me to know that people still can't distinguish between England and Britain. When I say Britain, 100% of the time I mean Britain. Not England. Britain.

Lets face it this whole discussion will just cause arguments anyway, because there are biases on either side.

and this is n-europe not n-england/wales/scotland :heh:

Lets face it this whole discussion will just cause arguments anyway, because there are biases on either side.

and this is n-europe not n-england/wales/scotland :heh:

I know, and for about the millionth time this isn't a Where do you live thread, its a where would you prefer to live thread. If I started another thread about whether the East or West Coasts of America was better, people wouldn't jump in an say 'I don't live there' or 'This is n-europe not n-america'.

You don't have to be British to say which part of Britain you'd rather live in.

And you're not seeing the counter argument. There is more to Britain than North vs South. What if someone wanted to live in Birmingham? To some that would be North, to some South. There is no hard and fast line as to where the divide is, and it is by the most part personal opinion.

Likewise there are those who don't wish to live in Britain/England at all. And yes they could just sod off, its not the purpose of this thread, but really why did it need to be so specific? Why couldn't it be "where would you like to live?" It just seems a way of enforcing and peddling out stereotypes over this theoretical north/south divide.

Sign in to follow this