N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

Track your package

Date Time Location Event Details

February 27, 2009 05:40:00 AM GREENSBORO NC US Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster

I found this amusing considering theres not a cloud in the sky today. Oh well , just the fecal icing on the shit cake of a day im having

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the people who can't control it are the people who haven't really played with playstation pads before.... Most people have played the game fine, including me.

I've completed Resistance and its sequel on Superhuman, finished CoD4 on Veteran (including the Epilogue), and generally play all multi-format games on the PS3. I have no issue with the controller, be that for first-person games or otherwise.

I have no problems if you don't like the game but what you said was a load of rubbish imo.

I do like the game, but... it's like a delicious chocolate cake that's been topped with an inch thick layer of hundreds-and-thousands. Underneath it's still a delicious chocolate cake, but all the craftsmanship is undermined by a poor decision that makes it no fun to eat.

I'm not terrible at the game. I'm currently working my way through the campaign on Elite and I've put about 5 hours into the online multiplayer, and whilst I often rank in the top 5 players of each match I am constantly aware that the aiming doesn't feel right. It's usable, sure, and everyone's in the same boat, but I would be enjoying the game far more if it was more accommodating. There's a very good reason the most popular and entertaining console games in the genre have aim-assist.

If other people have no issue with the aiming in Killzone 2 then great, more power to you; I'm not saying people aren't allowed to enjoy it. However, for me it's a huge disappointment as there's nothing that hits me harder than squandered potential. If the game was out-and-out rubbish I wouldn't care.

Yes! THIS WAS SOOO MUCH fun. Loved the bit where I picked up a shotgun and got three kills in a row. Really, I am not my best without that weapon, but thankfully it's only about 60 points away, so about two matches. My god do I hate the pistol. I think im hitting something, only to find that I am not, and yet I am stock still. I really almost don't see the point of that weapon, as close up, you will just get murdered, far off and you will struggle to hit things. And then, to get the revolver you need to get 10 kills in one game with it ¬_¬ If I am to carry a shotgun, I feel I need the revolver to back up it's poor ammo and rate of fire so really gonna have to struggle somehow to get this, although I have thought of a cheap way...

Pretty much decided that I would want to be the heavy class. Then had an awesome Idea of making a squad that was full of heavys, codename could be bullet proof monks (sad I know but I feel I need to put it down here before I forget as it could be an awesome strike force in a clan war for example). I can really see myself getting into this game strong, and it helps that I picked it up early.

Yeah, my thoughts of being a medic are out the window. I think I'll go the mechanic route. Just got medic...I guess it is better than being a soldier but it's a bit crap. Half the time I hate it when people revive me because I have no ammo.

Radec Academy is a rubbish map. The ICA are so easy to pin down. The need to add another exit.

I don't mind the pistol too much. It is a last resort.

I love the squad thing.

I've completed Resistance and its sequel on Superhuman, finished CoD4 on Veteran (including the Epilogue), and generally play all multi-format games on the PS3. I have no issue with the controller, be that for first-person games or otherwise.

Yeah, I get you but I didn't like Resistance 2 because it was too precise. I'm saying it isn't a flaw in the game, it's just how the game is. On the flip side, that is why I never played R2 online competitively, only co-op.

Apart from the Halo 3 beta, this is the most fun I've had online with a FPS and I might actually carry on playing this one.

I'm not trying to argue, my issue was with you saying 'it'll never make friends, just acquaintances.' Just what you are on about, I have no idea.

This is totally different to Resistance 2, I got so used to that I really stuggled with it at the start, but after having ranked up a bit, the game is so good online. I had one match where I killed 39 people, and only died 20 times. I felt so badass and I was doing everything I wanted.

Gonna have a huge bash on it now, it's BRILLIANT.

I can see why people have had issues with controls, but like Daft, I think it is just different.

Those games are quite run and gun, or in case of COD4, very arcadey compared to Killzone 2. Killzone 2 moves a lot slower pace too.

I hate it when friendly fire is on. So annoying when you lob a grenade and someone gets in the way.

I didn't realise until Choze pointed it out. Explained why I had about 2 points. :heh:

At one point some guy killed three of out own team mates with a grenade.

And at another point I barely survived a one on one and someone trying to help me blew me away with his shotgun. Lame. ::shrug:

Bought this earlier today. Will play it later on this evening, in both single and multiplayer. Don't know what my PSN ID is but if it's the same as the one that appears when you log on the Store then it's Ganepark32. Don't know anything about how the PS3's online for games works so if anyone adds me or invites me don't worry about me not appearing or answering. I didn't get the manual with my console when I bought it (was pre-owned) so I'm still figuring stuff out for it. Don't have a headset though. Sold out in the stores I was in but I know some places that have them although I can't afford one at the moment.

had blast earlier, bumped into flameboy and choze. revealed how much i suck :p

actualy, ive done alright in a few games. tend to get good streaks going.

i just wanna get myself a bolt gun, its the most awsome thing ever.

i seroulsy need a head set. not haiving ones got me going in alone to often, which is a great way to ventilate your self.

Bear in mind i play at higher ranks... So it might be best for someone else to start/find the game. Even i am finding it hard at times.

Also leave friendly fire off. It was quite painful lol. Greandes killing ourselves...

Unlocked my flying sentry drone. Unlocking the badge for that is really hard though.

I just went ape shit. Your team mate in campaign does nothing. I actually watched him and he didn't even bloody shoot!!

I'm on the train and he says get up on the turret. I do. I'm fully exposed on the turret. He does nothing and I am shot at from about 8 different directions.

Single player swings between awesome and hell.

I'll be on late late for some online.

I just went ape shit. Your team mate in campaign does nothing. I actually watched him and he didn't even bloody shoot!!

I'm on the train and he says get up on the turret. I do. I'm fully exposed on the turret. He does nothing and I am shot at from about 8 different directions.

Single player swings between awesome and hell.

I'll be on late late for some online.

When i was playing the teammates didnt kill anyone, ever. One soldier shot off someones helmet though. It would be better if they do away with the team in future.

BTW. Sorry about any akward stuff on voice. I was being silly with my baby sisters. Hence the words 'cute' etc. :p

I think things will get really good once everyone has the classes (alas I think I will stick with medic once again) up and running and definitly think we need to get some VS games going against other clans.

EDIT;

I will online at some point tonight perhaps...might play single player though.

When i was playing the teammates didnt kill anyone, ever. One soldier shot off someones helmet though. It would be better if they do away with the team in future.

BTW. Sorry about any akward stuff on voice. I was being silly with my baby sisters. Hence the words 'cute' etc. :p

lol, no worries. I'm still trying to get used to the maps. I still haven't played half of them.

That AI thing is awful though. I'm playing it on Veteran and it's driving me insane!! It's basically just you and someone who makes fucking annoying comments trying to piss you off.

I think things will get really good once everyone has the classes (alas I think I will stick with medic once again) up and running and definitly think we need to get some VS games going against other clans.

EDIT;

I will online at some point tonight perhaps...might play single player though.

Yeah, it takes a while to level up. Can't wait until we get a forum game going.

I'm amazed there isn't any lag, not even an jitters. I guess that's the benefit of dedicated servers but damn it looks so good and is so smooth.

I need to sort the sound levels out on my mic. It's a bit too sensitive. Could you hear me okay Choze?

cod4 and r2 hardly constitute alot. played Goldeneye or Turok? Or Timesplitters.

Only one of those was designed to be played on a DualShock, so considering I was responding to Domstercool's suggestion that I might not be familiar with the controller I fail to see where you're going with that comment.

Those games are quite run and gun, or in case of COD4, very arcadey compared to Killzone 2. Killzone 2 moves a lot slower pace too.

I have no problem with the pace, in fact I prefer it; I always played Hardcore CoD4 because I'm not a fan of twitch shooters. My problem with Killzone 2 is that I don't feel the aiming is calibrated well. If you want to be able to turn quickly — pretty much vital for close-quarters combat — then you need to ramp the sensitivity up, but this means that it's hard to make finer adjustments. Couple this with the complete absence of any kind of aim-assist — a vital ingredient in the feel of Halo, CoD4, and pretty much every modern shooter designed to be played on a pad — and you're left with an aiming mechanic that's manageable but not as satisfying as the meticulously modelled weapon models and audio deserves.

It actually is a lot like Perfect Dark Zero, as whilst medium- to long-distance combat is largely workable as soon as two people get close it becomes a question of who can land the most flailing bullets first. I see that as a failure of design and a barrier to fun, and I can guarantee you that I am not alone in that view.

I'm not trying to argue, my issue was with you saying 'it'll never make friends, just acquaintances.' Just what you are on about, I have no idea.

I meant that no matter how attractive it is, it doesn't make up for its lack of personality and aloofness. It's a good game, but if a bit more effort had been put into areas other than the presentation it could have been a fantastic one that people would look back on fondly in 10 years time.

I understand that Guerilla were placed under enormous pressure to live up to the early pre-rendered footage, and they've done an excellent job at a technical level. Unfortunately that question — "Does this look like the target render?" — seems to have been the overriding one asked during development, leaving more important ones — such as, "Are we making a fun and engaging videogame?" — somewhat at the wayside.

Anyway, as this is the second time I've had to write this damn post due to our new ever-so-reliable server, I'm done. I feel I've explained myself quite thoroughly, and if you disagree then you disagree.

I meant that no matter how attractive it is, it doesn't make up for its lack of personality and aloofness.

I don't get this 'lack of personality'. This game lives by it's atmosphere, which is phenomenal.

"Are we making a fun and engaging videogame?"

But it is fun and engaging. Even if you don't think it's fun it is definitely a gripping experience. I'm not sure what you were expecting to be honest.

Anyway, as this is the second time I've had to write this damn post due to our new ever-so-reliable server, I'm done. I feel I've explained myself quite thoroughly, and if you disagree then you disagree.

Thank god it's not just me. Been pissing me off for the past couple days. Especially when pages half load.

Only one of those was designed to be played on a DualShock, so considering I was responding to Domstercool's suggestion that I might not be familiar with the controller I fail to see where you're going with that comment.

I have no problem with the pace, in fact I prefer it; I always played Hardcore CoD4 because I'm not a fan of twitch shooters. My problem with Killzone 2 is that I don't feel the aiming is calibrated well. If you want to be able to turn quickly — pretty much vital for close-quarters combat — then you need to ramp the sensitivity up, but this means that it's hard to make finer adjustments. Couple this with the complete absence of any kind of aim-assist — a vital ingredient in the feel of Halo, CoD4, and pretty much every modern shooter designed to be played on a pad — and you're left with an aiming mechanic that's manageable but not as satisfying as the meticulously modelled weapon models and audio deserves.

It actually is a lot like Perfect Dark Zero, as whilst medium- to long-distance combat is largely workable as soon as two people get close it becomes a question of who can land the most flailing bullets first. I see that as a failure of design and a barrier to fun, and I can guarantee you that I am not alone in that view.

I meant that no matter how attractive it is, it doesn't make up for its lack of personality and aloofness. It's a good game, but if a bit more effort had been put into areas other than the presentation it could have been a fantastic one that people would look back on fondly in 10 years time.

I understand that Guerilla were placed under enormous pressure to live up to the early pre-rendered footage, and they've done an excellent job at a technical level. Unfortunately that question — "Does this look like the target render?" — seems to have been the overriding one asked during development, leaving more important ones — such as, "Are we making a fun and engaging videogame?" — somewhat at the wayside.

I'm only going off the demo so far, but I agree with some of what you said that aiming in close combat feels a bit weird. The again I found mid range shooting easier than some other games so far. I did really enjoy the demo though, so I'm going to pick up the full game tomorrow.

The aiming does seem a bit weird, but I wouldn't say it's really bad, more sort of different than anything.

This was the first demo in a long time where when it ended I wanted to play more of it right away. I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow :) If my girlfriend let's me... :p

:o Lol I've had this game for 2 evenings and I'm already over 9 hours playtime :o

Just goes to show how addicive it is, although some of it is down to me wanting to unlock different stuff.

I've unlocked the Mechanic, which seems pretty cool, found it surprising how easy it is to set a turret up.

After all this though I have still died more than I've killed. It's basically because when I do bad, I do BAD. Takes a while to even it out. Gonna rank up to the next rank and then call it a day.