NEurope
Guest Maase

Frustration Thread

You cannot simply force someone to believe something. Some people don't understand this. But do you honestly think that all religious people are like that? We aren't.

No, but I think people will believe something if they determine that logic and the scientific method lead to it.

My issue, however, is with the sticking it into schools. Kid's will accept what what a figure of authority tells them. As for the older ones, tell them something that some of them may believe in is an equally valid idea to something that their parents say is a falsehood, and they'll take the lie.

Anyway, I've seen enough threads I quite like get locked as they go down the religion path. I'll drop it if you will.

I didn't mean you don't understand that. And yes public schools at least aren't a good place to teach religion. But yea, lets just drop it.

Creationists frustrate me. A lot.

You all saw that coming, though, didn't you?

No, but I think people will believe something if they determine that logic and the scientific method lead to it.

My issue, however, is with the sticking it into schools. Kid's will accept what what a figure of authority tells them. As for the older ones, tell them something that some of them may believe in is an equally valid idea to something that their parents say is a falsehood, and they'll take the lie.

Anyway, I've seen enough threads I quite like get locked as they go down the religion path. I'll drop it if you will.

Conclusive evidence should be enough, but people ignore it and this ignores me too =/

It would be like showing a knife with finger prints, victims blood, murderers DNA and the judge dismissing it.

Conclusive evidence should be enough, but people ignore it and this ignores me too =/

It would be like showing a knife with finger prints, victims blood, murderers DNA and the judge dismissing it.

Didn't that happen in a CSI episode? They showed a lot of incriminating evidence, but since they forgot to ask for the warrant, the judge dismissed it as if it were nothing.

US laws piss me off.

Other that that, my parents sometimes annoy me. They complain about me and my sister being lazy, or something else (they usually have a point here), but the thing that really annoys me is the fact that they scold both of us...when she is not present at all. It really grinds me when I'm being talked to like if I was also responsible for her acts.

Didn't that happen in a CSI episode? They showed a lot of incriminating evidence, but since they forgot to ask for the warrant, the judge dismissed it as if it were nothing.

US laws piss me off.

Other that that, my parents sometimes annoy me. They complain about me and my sister being lazy, or something else (they usually have a point here), but the thing that really annoys me is the fact that they scold both of us...when she is not present at all. It really grinds me when I'm being talked to like if I was also responsible for her acts.

Thats different still, they got the evidence illegally. Its a silly law, but its there to protect some people who may be innocent.

Thats different still, they got the evidence illegally. Its a silly law, but its there to protect some people who may be innocent.

I understand it's there to protect privacy and all that, but it didn't change the fact that the evidence was there. Shouldn't the judge just accept the evidence, and then heavily punish both the culprit and the cops that illegally investigated him?

I understand it's there to protect privacy and all that, but it didn't change the fact that the evidence was there. Shouldn't the judge just accept the evidence, and then heavily punish both the culprit and the cops that illegally investigated him?

Yea, but theres always ways round things.

Even an admission can be dismissed.

Now that I think about it, I suddenly recall that British Gas actually owe me about £8. Said they'd send me a check, never got it. Those absolute bastards.

Now that I think about it, I suddenly recall that British Gas actually owe me about £8. Said they'd send me a check, never got it. Those absolute bastards.

Gaggle made a mistake :o He said "check" instead of cheque!!!!!

My whole life has been turned upside down now that Gaggle64 has made a mistake :(

I'm pretty angry at a couple of friends who get angry at us for being miffed they have lied to us for over 5 months. They have effectively broken up the group and I'm not happy about it.

That and this girl who has been hired for over a month and knows shit all about how to fulfil her duties!

That and this girl who has been hired for over a month and knows shit all about how to fulfil her duties!

Doesn't give a good blowjob?

Gaggle made a mistake :o He said "check" instead of cheque!!!!!

My whole life has been turned upside down now that Gaggle64 has made a mistake :(

Nooooooo! The source of all my power! I'm melting! Meeeelting!

Doesn't give a good blowjob?

We have a henry the hoover, it would definitely be better than her, and more aesthetically pleasing as well ;)Or I could do it, just putting the idea out there.

We have a henry the hoover, it would definitely be better than her, and more aesthetically pleasing as well ;)Or I could do it, just putting the idea out there.

Then why have you been hiring her for over a month?

Been so frustrated with timewasters lately, finally got someone willing to pay the price, that's £100 in the bank.

It's because it's wilful ignorance. They're ignoring scientific evidence, and trying to push their groundless beliefs into the school system as scientific ideas.

You're generalising, on a somewhat massive scale.

I am a creationist. I'll admit that. The difference between me and you (other than the obvious ones), is that I not only accept but respect the views of others. I accept the Big Bang Theory. I accept the evidence for the Big Bang Theory. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't destroy creationism.

Out of interest, have you ever read The God Dilusion? Because it seems your views are derived from Dawkins, who is, to put it lightly, a raving lunatic with nothing better to do with hevery minute other than to convince himself how untrue God is.

You're generalising, on a somewhat massive scale.

I am a creationist. I'll admit that. The difference between me and you (other than the obvious ones), is that I not only accept but respect the views of others. I accept the Big Bang Theory. I accept the evidence for the Big Bang Theory. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't destroy creationism.

Not really. Creationism is based on nothing scientific. Big Bang theory, abiogenesis, and evolution is based on science. I really, really don't like the idea that people are trying to teach them as ideas which are seen as being equal in the scientific community.

Out of interest, have you ever read The God Dilusion? Because it seems your views are derived from Dawkins, who is, to put it lightly, a raving lunatic with nothing better to do with hevery minute other than to convince himself how untrue God is.

I've read it, it's quite a good compilation of arguments against religion. My views, however, are not derived from his - he just states them in an effective manner. Oh, and at least my side's lunatic is can back up what he's raving about. :indeed:

Anyway, whatever happened to the dropping of this subject?

When theyre talking, talk louder and when they question why your shouting ask them the same thing.

Your obsessed with BISH lol.

As for me, i dont get angry.. i get even.. :p

You watch "It's all relative" don't you??

I've read it, it's quite a good compilation of arguments against religion. My views, however, are not derived from his - he just states them in an effective manner. Oh, and at least my side's lunatic is can back up what he's raving about. :indeed:

Anyway, whatever happened to the dropping of this subject?

It is a book plagued by flaws, whose only appeal is to aethiests. Theists will read it but ignore it, as not serious religious person will have their views swayed by one authour.

I vote for a religion thread, so lt's this drop this.

It is a book plagued by flaws, whose only appeal is to aethiests. Theists will read it but ignore it, as not serious religious person will have their views swayed by one authour.

I vote for a religion thread, so lt's this drop this.

Please, enlighten me to these flaws.

Also, this reeks of the pot calling the kettle black, what with the bible being possibly the most contradictory books I've read.

Religion threads never end well you the believers. This population is here is mainly atheistic and apathetic. The remainder are banned (the Finns!), can't argue points for shit, or Haden.

Oh this topic has come at a fantastic time. So let me set the scene, I was in Milton Keynes today, in Zavvi bought myself a Goonies t-shirt for £14. Great I here you cry... until I get in the car on the way home and notice the words in very small writing, skinny...

I open the package and what is called a Medium size t-shirt, looks like it wouldn't even fit Gary Glitters next victim. Frustrated is not the word.

I hate parents, taking the piss just because i don't like beef stew. They are criticizing, annoying and really having a go at me because i wish to go out tonight and they think by skipping dinner i can have more to drink. I only have 2 or 3 on a work night anyway, but the fact that i don't like stew is a different matter.

They won't let me have anything else to eat, but alas my wallet and the takeouts call.

Please, enlighten me to these flaws.

Also, this reeks of the pot calling the kettle black, what with the bible being possibly the most contradictory books I've read.

Religion threads never end well you the believers. This population is here is mainly atheistic and apathetic. The remainder are banned (the Finns!), can't argue points for shit, or Haden.

Wait. I never said I was a Christian. Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups, as my late Father always reminded me, and you seem to be doing a lot of it.

For a start, Dawkins should do some real evidence other than trawling the internet for famous aethiest quotes in which he seems to do a lot.

Also, he only has a superficial knowledge of the Bible (as Christianity is the main 'victim' of his book'). You'd think for someone who's so against a Holy Book would have at least sufficient knowledge of it, but Dawkins seems to have derived all knowledge from a few Sunday School Classes. I think when he attributes the book of Hebrews' authourship to Paul is when you realise just how bad things are.

People that feel the need to lie contantly, you know the ones. The ones you can never trust because you know they'll just go and blab to someone else and stab you in the back. I have a "friend" that does this, and I had a word with him (well, a "strong word") and he swore he would stop. I just discovered he hasn't, so the next time I see him the first thing he'll be looking at is my fist. I couldn't give a toss if violence is never the answer, this guy gets away with stuff all the time and no one questions it - he's just so utterly..slimy. He can get out of anything.