N-Europe

It's Time to Clean my Lean Mean Laptop Machine!

Coolness Bears

I think this thread should go in here. :) I apologise for the poor title, Oh great my n from my clean went in front of my It's could someone change that please? :p

So My laptop is in need of a clean! and I was wandering what the best way to go about it. I mean an actual clean not like clearing my harddrives or whatever...

*clearly has no idea about computers*

The screen of my laptop is dirty and I was wandering whether you could just clean it with water or you need some special liquid? would spraying it damage the screen?

and how about getting the bits and dust from underneath thekeys? I was wandering if anyone has any advice as to how to get that out and whether any special tools are needed! :D

Something got lodged underneath my left laptop mouse button ages ago and hasn't worked since! >___<

The screen of my laptop is dirty and I was wandering whether you could just clean it with water or you need some special liquid? would spraying it damage the screen?

You could buy those special cloths from PC world or some computer shop, although a damp cloth is what i use.

When you do the screen just make sure it's 100% cotton. You could use an old shirt or something.

I've read on the net that 50% distilled water and 50% alcohol makes a good cleaning solution (for grubbier screens you can do more alcohol) and you're supposed to spray it onto the cotton cloth (but how many people really have pure alcohol laying around?) Don't use any tap water because it makes mineral spots.

Thanks for the advice everyone. : peace:

My Dad cleaned it for me yesterday. To get the dust off he used a antistatic dry cloth (S.C.G) and then to clean the screen he used a 100% Cotton just like Shorty suggested. :)

Unfortunately we didn't have any pure alcohol lying around! :heh: but we used a damp cloth. (Strider) and Kitchen towel to finish off. (raining_again)

Also once before I accidently sprayed my laptopscreen with window cleaner. That one doesn't help. :p