N-Europe

Wanted Official Discussion Topic (Use Spoilers Tags)

Guest Maase

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you know what? if you dont like em no ones forcing you to watch em.

i didnt like wanted, but i dont dispute its right to exist in the cinema. some people like it, see the meaning in it as an anti establishment, fuck you office worker peice.

and to be franc, id rather watch somthing devoid of any meaning, over there will be blood, for as technoically good as that film was, i found it a little bit boring and ever so slightly pretentious. at least die hard 4.0 didnt have me nodding off.

I know nobody's forcing me to see it, and I have no beef with people liking it nor do I try and dispute it's right to exist, all I'm saying is this is a bad movie, and that's undeniable, regardless of what minorities (or majorities, some times) think of it. One thing is opinion, another completely different thing is cold hard fact. All I want is for people to stop talking like their opinion is an established fact, seriously, I don't see what's wrong in admitting the truth. Take Constantine, for example... I like it. It sucks, it's horrible and shitty, and I still like it... but that doesn't change the fact that it's a dung-pile. Opinion is subjective, a fact isn't, face it.

On another point, the fact that you found TWBB boring pretty much says it all about this current generation's standards in cinema (and overall art): keep it accessible, that's your priority. And quite frankly that's shit... The golden years of cinema are long gone because of this generation's lust for easy art. I'm not gonna argue with you on the Pretentious claim, as you're absolutely right, there. : peace:

Are some films that are good because they're mindless and have fun, meaningless plots that aren't really insightful. Like Wanted.

Also, Wanted is better than Iron Man in every way.

Ok, maybe Die Hard was stretching it a bit, but Indy 1 & 3 and Aliens are actually pretty insightful, if one looks closely at the implications. :wink:

And how can anyone even put Wanted near Iron Man? What was wrong with Iron Man (despite the obvious bad action).

Well, to me, it was :\

Hey, cheer up kid, I like you. I wish I was into the stuff you are when I was your age. Seriously, I think you're full of potential. It's just the way I am. :heh: Sorry if it was offensive, lollers. (I already got an infraction because of it, anyway, so... : peace: )

And how can anyone even put Wanted near Iron Man? What was wrong with Iron Man (despite the obvious bad action).

It's hard to like a film when the main character seems to be a dick.

Edit: Plus inventing that mini generator in a cave was just plain stupid.

It's hard to like a film when the main character seems to be a dick.

Edit: Plus inventing that mini generator in a cave was just plain stupid.

So, you're saying you have to like the character in order to enjoy a movie? Say it ain't so, many a great character has been an idiot and has been great because of that... Tony Stark is one of them, you gotta love him, even if you hate him!

And as for the mini generator, it's not like it didn't make sense... They did give him the material and he did have the time and tools to do it, so what's so stupid about it?

i think it depends how much you disslike the carcter. stark is a prat, but a decent one, hes also got cool.

anything with shia just leaves me thinking "why is he famous? hes a bitch, in anoy outher society he would be dead from butt rape."

shia, isnt my favorite actor.

I hate Shia too, but that's different, he's an actor, and a bad one. We don't know who he is, all we can judge him by is his acting, and it sucks, therefore = Shia sucks. But maybe he's got a great personality, even if it's a personality I dislike. Meh... all the same, fuck Shia. :heh: