NEurope
Infinete

conundrums

i dint actually believe in god ii just very very bored and thought that this seemed clever.

"If you do not believe in god, then you must believe you were an accident, therefor all of your bthoughts an actions are accidents, including your disbelief in god", what do you think, and do you have any conundrums.

good thought there but how about this

we weren't created by accident, just by chance, it was neither a mistake nor deliberate. therefore i still don't believe in god

An 'accident' can only exist within absolute parameters.

And everybody knows that 'only the Sith deal in absolutes'.

we weren't created by accident, just by chance, it was neither a mistake nor deliberate. therefore i still don't believe in god

What he said. Lifes all about chances and choices.

What he said. Lifes all about chances and choices.

but then i guess the ultimate question would be do we have a choice, or is it already made for us and we must find out why and accept it??

Stating "we are simply here by chance, and thats all" doesn't answer the question of "why is there a universe?", and thus does nothing to disprove the existence of a divine being. As Copleston once said, "If one refuses to even sit down at the chess board and make a move, one cannot, of course, be checkmated."

another question i have always wondered is that if space is always expanding (which it is) then what is it filling, and can we go there, i also semi believe in hawking theory of black holes.

"Why is there something rather than nothing?"

The world we know is false. It is a mere illlusion from the realities of the other side.

id probably have to agree with you on this one

Yes. Finally a weirdo who thinks like me. Come on my fellow Phsychoped let us creep out the other forumers by pulling horrific faces at them. *gurns*

Yes. Finally a weirdo who thinks like me. Come on my fellow Phsychoped let us creep out the other forumers by pulling horrific faces at them. *gurns*

indeed, as we need to lift the wool from our eyes and see the truth for once.

The world we know is false. It is a mere illlusion from the realities of the other side.
Would you care to elaborate on that for those of us who aren't pretentious and lame?

How about the benevolent/omnipotent one?

If God's benevolent and omnipotent, why does he let bad things happen?

Maybe he's omnipotent, but not benevolent, in which case he is malevolent.

Maybe he's benevolent, but not ominpotent, in which case, why call him God?

(I recalled this from a program I watched in which some actor recited this verse of some guy, maybe Plato, in the same way I've recited it...ie pretentiously)

do you have any conundrums.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

OOOOOH.

[edit]

My mom said it. My dad said no. Here I am. That's the joke.

Philosophy, good thread man .

There is a god ,of sorts. It is too psychologicaly dangerous to consider ourselves without one (according to some anyway) . Belief in a god can be and is uttillised to

absolve us from the responsibility of our actions so there will always be a god .

Benevolence and Omnipotence are subjects experienced from the human perspective

on reallity and therefor cannot be applied as a form of moral guidance to a being that

is considered unearthly and all knowing. ( that dosent make me religious does it ?.)