NEurope
Cookyman

Guitar Hero : World Tour

I'm thinking about doing a couple from ToS :heh:

Though i'd imagine it would take some time to make a good song.

I'm thinking about doing a couple from ToS :heh:

Though i'd imagine it would take some time to make a good song.

If you're going down that route, you HAVE to do misono's Ninin Sankyaku :heh:

Stephen try make Sheena's theme.... DOOOO EEEETTTTTT

Doubt i'd use the music creator much as I know i wouldn't be able to make anything decent, i'll just wait for others to make stuff and d/l them

If you're going down that route, you HAVE to do misono's Ninin Sankyaku :heh:

Stephen try make Sheena's theme.... DOOOO EEEETTTTTT

Doubt i'd use the music creator much as I know i wouldn't be able to make anything decent, i'll just wait for others to make stuff and d/l them

I'll give it a shot. Maybe keep Ninin Sankyaku for last since i'd imagine that would be the hardest :heh:

This music editor is f***** hard. I tried doing a ToS song and I have no idea how to do. Though in the process I picked up on how to do parts of Eponas song and part of the Brawl tune :heh:

I think so. Everywhere seems to be down for the 14th. I need to get back on this and try and make a decent song, the creator is hard to use.without tutorials

I have so many ideas, I just can't re-create them yet. So many options to choose from!

Hmmm, play has said it's shipped the item and taken money out of my account....But now it's disappeared altogether, not in perorders or history!! Maybe its taken the money because its shipped the bass but waiting until next week before putting into my history......I don't know! I guess I'm secretly hoping it's there waiting for me when I get back :)

Would be cool if it is. I'm dieng to get in a band with some of you fine folk here! The only thing I don't like about play is their delivery, how is it nowadays anyway?

I went into town anyway today seeing as i had the day off and a loan of teh car might as well used it. Dropped into the shop i'll be getting the band pack from, they only got the game solus today, they didn't even get the game & guitar pack :heh:

I got home checked my emails and saw a press release from activsion about this being released today... though it mentioned nothing about the "staggered" release :heh:

Hmmm, play has said it's shipped the item and taken money out of my account....But now it's disappeared altogether, not in perorders or history!! Maybe its taken the money because its shipped the bass but waiting until next week before putting into my history......I don't know! I guess I'm secretly hoping it's there waiting for me when I get back :)

Play said they shipped mine on Wednesday, but that's now changed to Thursday and a tracking code has appeared next to it. Haven't recived anything yet, and courier's don't tend to delivery n weekends. Can't track it either as it say's my code is too long on the Royal Mail site :wtf:

Would be cool if it is. I'm dieng to get in a band with some of you fine folk here! The only thing I don't like about play is their delivery, how is it nowadays anyway?

Play have alwas been good to me. Always get pre-ordered games and DVDs a day before release and "in-stock" items in 3 days.

Ok just to clarify whats going on with the band packs. I received an email like many others from Game saying the band pack had been desptched on the 3rd. Like everyone else I have not received it.

Yesterday I received a receipt in an email from Game regarding my free bass guitar which according to the Game website is currently being picked and packed. What pissed me off though was the receipt said it was being sent to my home address - When I ordered the band pack I asked for it to be delivered to my parents address as I would be working.

So I decided to phone customer services. The band pack has been desptched from Game but is being held elsewhere until next week and will go to my parents address - we'll probably get it Wednesday or Thursday. The free Guitar for some reason will be sent to my home address despite me requesting it went to my parents. They were very apologetic about this.

Anyway to cut a long story short Game customers will get the band pack and the free guitar delivered next week.

If it's sent already and in 'holding' why bother delaying it for a week. Just pointless.

If it's sent already and in 'holding' why bother delaying it for a week. Just pointless.

The full band games were taking up too much room in their warehouse apparently.

Anyway - Shadow tell us more about the game we're all itching to play it.

Is there anything specifically people want to know about so I can answer any questions?

So far today i've just been spending some time trying to link World Tour with my account of the GH site and back on GHTunes seeing if there was any more Nintendo themed stuff up. Then I tried once more making my own songs and go no-where. I really should do tutorials instead on randomly playing and picking up pieces of random songs :heh:

Someone emailed Game customer service and got this reply which was posted on the Guitar Hero Official Forum.

Due to the size and the demand of this item we will have picked and packed these items for these logistical reasons. These orders are waiting collection and will be dispatched for the release date no later. We are bound to the publishers release date and cannot dispatch this item any earlier. I apologize for any confusion caused.

The game apparently will be sent on the 12th so we all should have them on the 13th as it's free next day shipping for orders over £100.

Roll on Thursday then!

Is there anything specifically people want to know about so I can answer any questions?

How you finding the single player game I've noticed there are some note layouts not seen in previous games

Check this dude out he's playing in perfomance mode which means he can't see any notes and yet he 5 stars "everlong" on expert!!!!

Some amazing stuff cropping up on GH Tunes

Banjo Kazooie!

So far it's good. Not been on it too much yet, just a few gig. The opening ones are just 2 songs long and get longer the more you go on, though also you need to pay to do your own gigs so you need to get lots of money!

Also the create your rocker is pretty good aswell, there's loads of stuff to customize your guy and ofcourse, you can buy more stuff later on.

Also i'm finally getting used to the song creator, hopefully I can make something longer than 10 notes soon.

Well, I decided to get the Wii version today. I went to get it in Gamestation and was told I had to buy tguitar/game pack as the GH3 guitar wasn't compatible with the new game. I argued this fact with the lad and said I was a journalist for an online magazine who knew about these things. He kept trying to push the bundle on me. I went to GAME.

There they had one copy of the Wii game left and I got it there, proceeded to walk into Gamestation, open my bag out on the desk and said "see". Idiots.

Anyway, played the game solid for about 5 hours. Unlocked 25% of it. A LOT of content then! I decided to start on medium and it's actually a lot easier than GH3. Done a few songs on hard and they aren't too bad. Saying that I'm still at the beginning of the game so it could get tough all of a sudden. The guitar duels are better than GH3 as there (so far!) have been no "power ups", you just have to make it to the end of the song. I prefer that tbh as GH3 battles seemed a tad random.

The Mii performance mode is actually a good laugh and has a hell of a lot of depth to it. Playing power chords, little riffs and jamming with someone else who is using the wiimote and nunhuck as a makeshift drumkit works really well. Awesome fun right there! The DLC is seemless (although poor atm) and it's all done in-game. Nice. The user created content is already immense and the Nintendo-centric tunes are (imo) brilliant. I've dabbled in the creator for a while and it's fabulous. The depth is astounding yet the tutorials are a must. I've yet to dwell on it but the half hour I spent there had me making a pretty good backing track for an acoustic song I penned a few year ago. Awesome!

As Shadow said, the create a rocker mode is uber detailed. It's like Tony Hawk on steroids. You can even create every single detail of your guitar. In a word: Brilliant.

I tried a singstar mic on the Wii and it didn't work. Can't wait to pick up both a mic and a drumkit next Friday. As I wanted to see what the drums/ band combo sounded/feel like, I searched (in-game) online for a full band game yet nothing was picked up. Early days I guess!

Final thoughts?

This blows GH3 out of the water with only the option to choose where you want to play a quick game annoying me by its apparent abscence. Other than that the game is a huge step forward for DLC/Online Wii gaming in general and content in a music title.

Hope to see you all rocking out soon :D

Try the music creator, it's annoying to try and make a good song T_T

Also can't believe folk who works in that GameStation kept saying ti wouldn't work, that's why you can get the game by itself...

@ Tapedeck - That's very strange for them to try and force a bundle on you when they do know that the GH3 controller works with the game. All the Gamestations around me know it so it's strange that they'd do it. But then again, this is Gamestation and they do love to rip a customer off if they get the chance.

I didn't pick up the Wii version but I have to say that if it's as much fun on the 360 as it is on the Wii, then you'll all enjoy it. Shame that the tunes form the music creator can't be downloaded on other platforms. Once I sort out my setup on my 360 (apparently it's setup to prohibit user created content) then I'll start making stuff and perhaps make videos and post 'em on Youtube.

Check this dude out he's playing in perfomance mode which means he can't see any notes and yet he 5 stars "everlong" on expert!!!!

You know, that's pretty much...the song. I mean, if you were to learn that beat for Everlong on the drums, that would be it. Every bass hit, snare, hi-hat. Every note. :)

Judging by the way the guy was striking that, he seems like a pretty decent drummer.

I remember reading somewhere that the Rock Band fans thought that Rock Band was a lot more fun to play than GH3, and that sometimes GH was harder for the sake of it. If you look at the expert version of tunes for GH, then Rock Band, and look how the actual song is played, Guitar Hero is far closer to the real thing, AND its fun.

Can't wait for the drums. Who says Wii Fit is the ultimate workout? Drumming is gonna get me some guns. Especially when I attach a tin of beans to each drumstick. BRING IT ON!

@ Tapedeck - That's very strange for them to try and force a bundle on you when they do know that the GH3 controller works with the game. All the Gamestations around me know it so it's strange that they'd do it. But then again, this is Gamestation and they do love to rip a customer off if they get the chance.

I've heard a few people say Gamestation have been pushing this, pretty crappy tactics if it's some sort of company-wide thing.

Well I work for GameStation so i'll see what it's like tomorrow :heh:

I don't have any intention forcing the Guitar Bundle on folk.