N-Europe

Resistance 2

dwarf

Anyone tried the Retibution demo on PSP? I was very impressed. It looks good. Controls like Syphon Filter. My only gripe is overly strong auto aim on default settings.

Yeah I tried it and quite enjoyed it. The auto aim was fair too generous like you said but then the aiming with the face buttons was sooooo slow it makes you wonder how it would work without it...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I just tried loading up a save file from the net so that I wouldn't have to unlock superhuman difficulty by playing the campaign on hard mode but it said 'Load aborted. This is not your save data.'

Damn.

Not gonna bother with platinum now, why should I have to play through the game 2 or 3 times to get this?

You can tone down the auto aim which worked for me. I prefer Syphon Filters controls with next to no auto aim! :smile:

The multiplayer for Syphon filter is just £6.99 on PSN now. Might check it out for holiday sometime.

Damn I just tried loading up a save file from the net so that I wouldn't have to unlock superhuman difficulty by playing the campaign on hard mode but it said 'Load aborted. This is not your save data.'

Damn.

Not gonna bother with platinum now, why should I have to play through the game 2 or 3 times to get this?

This is why i dont do alot of platinums. They ask for too much! Uncharted, Burnout and LBP are the ones i have and they are easy.

The save file thing is to prevent cheating.

Yeah I know. Bit annoying though.

Just went into a Resistance match with MatTheHat, don't know what happened but he quitted in the end. I won the deathmatch but he must've quit halfway through. 40 kills 10 deaths but to be honest they were all crap.

Mat was actually pretty good during 1 on 1 but it's about getting multiple kills which is probably why he switched to Cod lol.

Yeah I know. Bit annoying though.

Just went into a Resistance match with MatTheHat, don't know what happened but he quitted in the end. I won the deathmatch but he must've quit halfway through. 40 kills 10 deaths but to be honest they were all crap.

Mat was actually pretty good during 1 on 1 but it's about getting multiple kills which is probably why he switched to Cod lol.

Had quite a good game mate, although not really my thing. I am more of a objective based game player like Search & Destroy, rather than just Death Matches. And it annoys me that it takes a full clip just to kill somebody. Have you ever played CoD4?

Nah haven't really played Cod4.

You probably need to know the intricacies of the game to understand it. Maybe you know some of this stuff but hey:

You noticed how I was blowing you up a lot?

4mm on the carbine, you get one if you pick up the large ammo crate after someone dies, they only appear 1/5 of the time.

Grenade - If you look at the radar you can see when someone is rounding a corner, so I lob one at the floor so that it detonates when the person runs over.

Magnum trap: just lay the floor with loads of magnum bullets and press R2 when someone runs over them.

Then there's making sure you shoot someone in the head, which means it doesn't take a full clip. You can easily kill 2 people with the carbine with 1 clip without aiming at the head, you just have to concentrate the bullets. That's part of the Resistance gameplay.

There's tonnes of other tricks I use but can't think of them off the top of my head.

• 1 month later...

Here ye go children:

Patch list and DLC:

The DLC comes in two forms: new competitive multiplayer maps and character skins. The Aftermath Map Pack features three new battlefields, two set in Twin Falls (Aftermath and Pit Stop) and another in Orick (Outpost). All of the maps support 20-player Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, while Outpost also lets you play 20-player Core Control. The Aftermath Map Pack will be available for download through the PlayStation Store for $5.99.

We also have six new competitive multiplayer character skins. In addition to our usual band of brothers (of the human, Cloven, and Chimeran variety), we even have two selections for our female R2 players. You can download the following skins through the PlayStation Store for $0.99 each: Rachael Parker, Female Soldier, Ravager, Cloven (Retribution model), Ranger Variation, and Black Ops Variation.

Then we have patch 1.50, or what some on the MyResistance.net forums have been calling the “the big patch.” And it definitely lives up to that nickname—it’s quite substantial. Once you install the patch (the download prompt will come up automatically once you start R2), you’ll now be treated to:

Meltdown Mode: We’ve read the message-board comments. We’ve seen the online petition. You want it? You got it! Patch 1.50 brings back Meltdown, the popular Resistance: Fall of Man multiplayer mode in which each team attempts to gain control of the map by capturing beacons.

Superhuman Co-op Mode: Does your eight-man Specter squad possess the skills to survive this all-new difficulty? It features stronger enemies and disables auto-respawning (only another squadmate can revive you), but dishes out bigger rewards (double the Grey Tech and XP per round).

Second PSN Login Support: Your fellow couch potato can now save their character’s multiplayer progress, thanks to the added option to log in with two unique PSN accounts.

But that’s really just the beginning of patch 1.50’s offerings:

XP balance adjustments for competitive mode

Announcements screenFailsafe save support

Password protected custom games

Added ability to “Report” player

Teams switch sides between Core Control rounds

Players now automatically go to staging after every competitive or cooperative game (regame)

Localization updates

Various stat fixes

Collision fixes on Bryce Canyon and Holar Tower cooperative levels

New leaderboards

Map fixes for competitive Chicago level

Games with Friends and Clan members in them are now highlighted in the “Find Game” screen

Limited late joining has been added to ranked games

Deathmatch spawning has been improved

Players can’t earn progress towards Berserks when they are dead

Reduced sprint speed of core carrier in Core Control games

Cooperative XP bonuses have been increased by 30%

Cooperative games respawn time is now 20 seconds

Players keep their grenades if they get revived in a cooperative game

Players now have a “Join Game” option for players on their friends list (Copying Killzone 2 i see ;p )

A player’s own name is now in white in the obituary text

New Medals

Savant – Come in first place 30 times in ranked matches (Comp)

Hero – Come in first place 60 times in ranked matches (Comp)

Legend – Come in first place 100 times in ranked matches (Comp)

Tools of Destruction – Score 100 kills with every single weapon (Comp)

Master Strategist – Score 100 kills with full health (Comp)

Arch Rival – Kill 500 rival squad members (Comp)

Full Honors – Take each class to max level (Coop)

Prophet – Revive 500 players (Coop)

Secret Agent – Obtain all spec ops upgrades (Coop)

Surgeon General – Obtain all medic upgrades (Coop)

Specter Elite – Obtain all soldier upgrades (Coop)

Like a Surgeon - 100 Splicer Kills (Comp)

Shake N' Bake - 100 Pulse Cannon Kills (Comp)

New Ribbons

Quickdraw – Get the first kill of the round (Comp)

Manic Medic – Heal for 1000 points within 3 seconds (Coop)

Solid Solider – Absorb 500 points of damage within a few seconds with your force barrier (Global)

Specter Survivor – Survive an objective without dying (Coop)

Specter Medic – Revive 2 or more allies within a few seconds (Coop)

Hail Mary – Throw ammo and hit your target from at least 10 meters away (Coop)

Quick and Painless – Score 3 headshots kills in a row (Global)

I have a feeling Dwarf might go underground. :p

Edited by Choze

Yeah that's quite a tasty patch. I've tried the 3 maps, one is awesome and the other two are decent. The update was good in itself because meltdown mode seems pretty cool, I haven't tried the superhuman co-op however.

Basically it's lengthening the games lifespan.

May have to get one of the skins but not too sure.

^ I was impressed and disappointed with the map pack at the same time - There's one really good map that is hectic/tense and fun. Has lots of places to explore, many nooks and crannies plus varied levels (outpost).

The other 2 are seriously MEH. Pitstop is just ridiculously small even though it is intended for 10 players - you have no chance to prove any skills because there is a constant cross-fire. The other one is OK but just not very exciting at all.

Anyway I can tell why most people prefer Killzone to this, it's slicker, looks better, slightly easier to get into etc. With this though you can't rival a good kill streak - you feel Godlike at times.

• 5 months later...

So I started playing this at around half 2 today and im not impressed at all. I adored the first game and loved the PSP version but this just seems really bland with very little story. I really miss the wifey from the other two games who narrated the story.

Im playing it on hard so I can unlock the super hard difficulty and so far it hasn't been a challenge at all. I still have a fair bit to do as ive just killed the spinner queen so im hoping it picks up...

So I started playing this at around half 2 today and im not impressed at all. I adored the first game and loved the PSP version but this just seems really bland with very little story. I really miss the wifey from the other two games who narrated the story.

Im playing it on hard so I can unlock the super hard difficulty and so far it hasn't been a challenge at all. I still have a fair bit to do as ive just killed the spinner queen so im hoping it picks up...

Yeah R2 disappointed alot of people. But keep playing, it does get better as you go along in the story mode.

How dare thee! Online is where it's at, as for the campaign, it's fast paced action and done decently, but I don't really care for FPS single player frankly.

All done!

The game really seemed to drag on towards the end and I still haven't a clue what the story was about. I did think the end section after the last boss was pretty cool, shame the ending was awful.

Im abit reluctant to try the online section of the game, I dont have a headset for coop mode and with the game being out so long I will no doubt get tanned in competitive games.