N-Europe

Predictions: What is Nintendo working on now?

Guest Maase

Guest Maase

I decided to do this topic due to a great post by Emasher, wich was done in a spam topic created by me... (Im sorry).

Here's what he said:

Here's a list of the EAD teams and what they've developed so far and what they're currently developing as far as we know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Analysis_and_Development

Note that:

EAD 1 Is probably just starting a new game.

EAD 2 Is working on Wii Sports

EAD 3 Is almost for sure working on a new zelda

EAD 4 Probably has a new game almost done (Or are they making Wario Land)

EAD 5 Is probably starting a new game most likely casual

EAD Tokyo is probably working on the next Mario.

Now lets take a look at the first parties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_developers

Brownie Soft: A new RPG maybe?

Intelligent Systems: Probably working on Fire Emblem DS

Monolith Soft: Disaster Day of Crisis

Nintendo Software Technology: If project hammer is still alive, they may be working on that, if it isn't they probably are working on a new hardcore title.

Nintendo SPD:

SPD 1: Potentially working on new 2D metroid or Wario Ware when finished with Card Hero DS.

SPD 2: Probably working on a WiiWare Puzzle Game

SPD 3: Its hard to speculate on what they're working on. They're more of a co-developer.

SPD 4: Probably developing a new channel.

Retro Studios: Most Likely a new FPS, perhaps a metroid game, perhaps Kid Icarus

This, allied with the fact that Reggie said on GT that Nintendo has no plans on telling us wich games will come until they are ready, lead me to create this topic.

So, guys, what do you think Nintendo is working on now?

Guest Maase

WHAT NOW?

WHAT DID I MADE NOW?

It isn't troll, it isn't spam, it isn't anything against the rules...

So, please, i didn't do nothing this time...

I finished the post with second parties and posted it in "Have Nintendo Really Lost It" but I think it should probably be here:

Here's a list of the EAD teams and what they've developed so far and what they're currently developing as far as we know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintend...nd_Development

Note that:

EAD 1 Is probably just starting a new game. Probably a casual one.

EAD 2 Is working on Wii Sports

EAD 3 Is almost for sure working on a new zelda

EAD 4 Probably has a new game almost done (Or are they making Wario Land)

EAD 5 Is probably starting a new game most likely casual

EAD Tokyo is probably working on the next Mario.

Now lets take a look at the first parties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ndo_developers

Brownie Soft: A new RPG maybe?

Intelligent Systems: Probably working on Fire Emblem DS

Monolith Soft: Disaster Day of Crisis

Nintendo Software Technology: If project hammer is still alive, they may be working on that, if it isn't they probably are working on a new hardcore title.

Nintendo SPD:

SPD 1: Potentially working on new 2D metroid or Wario Ware when finished with Card Hero DS.

SPD 2: Probably working on a WiiWare Puzzle Game

SPD 3: Its hard to speculate on what they're working on. They're more of a co-developer.

SPD 4: Probably developing a new channel.

Retro Studios: Most Likely a new FPS, perhaps a metroid game, perhaps Kid Icarus

Second Parties:

AlphaDream: Possibly a new Mario and Luigi Game.

Ambrella: They just finished Pokemon Ranch, expect only another pokemon spin off type game from them.

Camelot: Maybe a new Golden sun game. They said they wanted to do one at some point.

Cing: Little King's Story

Game Freak: Pokemon Platinum

Genius Sonority: Probably a new Pokemon game for the Wii

Grasshopper Manufacture: Probably starting on a new Wii Project

HAL Laboratory: I think they're making Kirby SuperStar Ultra

Mitchell Corporation: Probably a new Puzzle game, perhaps either for WiiWare or DS.

NDCUBE: No idea.

Noise: Probably a new Custom Robo. Maybe for Wii

Paon: Glory of Heracles DS

skip LTD: Captain Rainbow

Sora Ltd: No Idea.

Nothing against you Maase, but this is just gonna turn into the same thread. We've had this discussion SO many times now, can't take it any more!

Yes E3 was bad for the core,

Heavy focus on casual,

We REALLY hope there are core game in development for this year,

If not it will be a shit in many respects and will have to rely on third party's, which could be good, could be bad,

Nintendo have teams working on games, no one knows what though.

Don't know when we'll see these games released or even when they might be shown.

That about sums it up!

Bit harsh, though slightly true.

I think Nitendo are working on a LOT of WiiWare games to be honest, I really do.

Kid Icarus, Punch Out, Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda Wii, Pilotwings, Fzero.....there my bet!

I think Pilotwings will be there next big bridge title for next xmas - can see the game translating well, lots of minigames almost set on an island (the one from Wii Fit) -

That's a good list by Emasher, but I'll just say I think we'll get a proper Wii Zelda and the Mario team are working on Pikmin 3 rather than a new Mario.

Kid Icarus is probably by Factor 5, and hopefully very similar to a 3rd-person Metroid rather than on-the-rails.

Moving into purely what I'd like, the only other thing I really want to see is a 2D Metroid, either on DS or WiiWare: if the latter, it'd be nice if it pushed the Wii regarding sprites, looking more like a good Saturn (Guardian Heroes) or Dreamcast game rather than SNES.

As for Retro Studios, I'd rather they finished Raven Blade (MotionPlus?) than have another 3D Metroid before the Wii 2.

I think I'd rather see a 2.5D Metroid 5 running off a modified Brawl Engine. One of my favorite parts in the Subspace Emissary was that first bit where you were Zero Suit Samus and then got the Varia suit back soon after.

Sounds good to me. I don't know why I said DS or WiiWare... a full-disc release would be great.

I think I'd rather see a 2.5D Metroid 5 running off a modified Brawl Engine. One of my favorite parts in the Subspace Emissary was that first bit where you were Zero Suit Samus and then got the Varia suit back soon after.

Oh man! That could be SO good. Nintendo must have spy bots on N-E. If you're reading this. DOO EEEEET!!

Seriously. Brawl's engine is so good that it serves perfectly for a platform game with some modifications, and it isn't even a platform game. They could also make a proper 2.5D Sonic on that (SEGA). À lá Sonic Rush.

I predict they're all on vacation, doing nothing.

Then it's official, more casual games are on the way, I mean, aspects such as vacations provide the inspiration for them right?

OK jokes aside, that new Kirby title (as Dante said), is the one I'll throw in that no one has really mentioned.

But it's true, the problem with this is this is predictions and guess work, I agree with davidredge, and as a result, we may even be disappointed because the stuff we conjure up may not appear in any shape or form.

I just think people are over reacting, thinking they're gonna get continously good games liek Mario, Prime 3 etc throughout the entire year, now that they've used their big franchises people are bitching. We know we have Zelda, Mario, Pikmin among others getting worked on. Now instead of getting all the good games at once we need to wait a little bit, like a 'cooldown' so to speak.

There's quite a few good 3rd party games getting worked on now, that will pass time, it's said E3 is for mass, there's still other core events. Not all that bad.