NEurope
Boomstick

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (BEST NAME EVER?!)

Thing is, most people buy the game, then hate it because it's not the shooter they expected it to be. It's more like, something like a 3d version of R-type without the on rails bit, rather than something akin to Gears of War. Once you get the rhythm and dodging down, it becomes very fun. A challenge too.

I think I'm gonna play P.N.03 today, such a good game.

It would have benefited from the wiimote, you know, to play with one hand. hurr hurr

Chop til you drop is hilarious..hahah. I'm laughing just thinking about it. Capcom go up a notch in my Respect-O'Meter.

This game is one of the reasons I even thought about getting a 360, so I'm really, really pleased to see it coming to the Wii. Pretty shocked that it is, but happy. As a huge Romero fan, I can't wait to kick some zombie bumholes in a shopping mall. Woo.

Nintendo Power Info

Dead Rising ala Resident Evil Wii Edition

Changes from the original: selectable difficulty level, improved save system, larger text, and an episodic game structure.

Release Date: Winter

Episodic? Bleh, i would like more an Arcadey Style, like XBOX360 was :'(

Nintendo Power Info

larger text

An addition for the retard.. ehm I mean casual gamer then.

Not really... HD-throughput allows for clearer and crisper text, which would be blurry if directly converted to Wii. Cue the larger text.

People who didnt have HDTV for the xbox360 version saw this.

drtxt.jpg

You make me laugh. You do.

You've clearly never played Dead Rising then. At least not on an SDTV. I played this at my friends on his hdtv, then brought it home to my sdtv because I thought it was awesome. I couldn't get anywhere because I had no idea where they wanted me to go, the writing was just illegible.

I never played Dead Rising, it's not a kind of game that appeals to me , and even I knew that the text in the 360 was unreadable. daddario.gif

DazzeL just got collectively owned.

First time for everything! :p

And no, I hadn't seen Dead Rising on an SDTV before!

Actually that's a good point - the text was horrendous. I dislike many aspects of the wii version but all-in-all they seem to be approaching a version of the game that is more investable, if not just easier. With any luck they could pull it off and provide a game that papers over the flaws of the XB360 original, but I doubt they'll provide any new experience, unless they plan a sequel in the future. But hey! A sequel in the future would surely mean they'll take into account they new-found wii market, no?

I want Dead Rising in a theme park... Or on an island.

I think Capcom have approached this in the correct way, especially with the improvements and game play changes. It's just it looks sooo poor.

The screens seen here, while mostly the same as before, don't look half as bad. Then again, they're no full-blown screens and still magazine scans...

What amazes me though, is how good my Wii games look on any TV (SDTV and HDTV) compared to what I've seen of screenshots online.

So Im willing to wait till I see it for real. I think we shouldn't expect RE4-like quality, since RE4 had a lot less enemies on screen and I'm not expecting the Capcom team to improve on the engine with this game.

Definitely excited though. Hopefully it'll see a release in Europe this year.

Sales expectations:

http://www.gamekyo.com/news28420_resident-evil-5-is-expected-to-sell-23-million-units.html

Capcom has published its sales target for upcoming titles. Resident Evil 5 sales are expected to reach 2.3 million units, Street Fighter IV is expected to move 1.7 million, Bionic Commando 1.5 million units and Dead Rising for the Wii 0.5 million units.

Resi 4 has sold over 1.6 million units on Wii, so 0.5 million is achievable imo, despite the franchise not being anywhere near as big.