N-Europe

Halo 3 Kid. In 10 years time..

Dyson

Then, yeah, I was just using common sense. I highly doubt there's a statistic that actually measures that.

see, thats just not true, my friend once used "common sense" to tell me that ten times as many people died in pearl harbour as in 9/11. a quick google later and 9/11 had 100 more deaths then pearl harbour.

if you dont know the number, don't quote it. in fairness, id say its a decent guess, but a guess none the less. and lets not forget that the american police carry guns and have saved lives with them.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see, thats just not true, my friend once used "common sense" to tell me that ten times as many people died in pearl harbour as in 9/11. a quick google later and 9/11 had 100 more deaths then pearl harbour.

if you dont know the number, don't quote it. in fairness, id say its a decent guess, but a guess none the less. and lets not forget that the american police carry guns and have saved lives with them.

I may have expressed myself badly there (but point taken, anyway).

I just imagined a bunch of scenarios where the possession of a gun would be useful (armed robbery, someone entering your house, etc.).

After considering the possible outcomes, a gun ends up being powerless to stop the danger more often than not. (And even when it does something, there's trouble with the law, like Moogle said)

Of course, most of these scenarios don't involve the police, since their presence makes our own guns redundant.

But good point anyway. The police, who are trained to know what to do in these situations, should be among the ones trusted with guns.

I just imagined a bunch of scenarios where the possession of a gun would be useful (armed robbery, someone entering your house, etc.).

After considering the possible outcomes, a gun ends up being powerless to stop the danger more often than not. (And even when it does something, there's trouble with the law, like Moogle said)

They would be much more powerless if they were stored safely, too.

I suppose they'd be useful if machines become intelligent and start attacking us.

They would be much more powerless if they were stored safely, too.

I suppose they'd be useful if machines become intelligent and start attacking us.

zombies are my concern.

i do worry about my swords and how safe any kids i had would be with them. i suppose locking them away in display cases is my best option, and teaching kids the proper respect a weapon requires. may even have a room that i can lock them in safly (swords, not kids, although.....)

I think you dont know anything either, we all have the right to put our views forward though aslong as were not trying to grab a scape goat.

Read the white part :nono:

And as for guns being a means of protection. If somebody breaks into an Americans house, and said American shoots the criminal, then they will go down for murder, which nullifies the whole protection theory.

"Yeah you can have a gun to protect yourself, but if you use the gun to protect yourself then you're going to prison."

Not quite. In some states if someone trespasses on your property you can legally shoot them. I don't know exactly what states though. There was something about it in the news a few months ago about some guy who lived in a shit area and kept getting burgled so he bought a gun and waited for someone to come rob him and then shot them. He apparently didn't get in trouble for it.

Ahahah, i remember having The Simpsons make a joke about that

"OH FLAAAAANDEEEEEEEERS!!!

"Yes?"

"Erm, you can only kill him if he's not invited"

"D'OH!!!"