N-Europe

Captain Rainbow!!

D_prOdigy

This certainly looks... awkward. I see the quirky style they're trying to go for, but I'm with Shino on this one.

Happy to see Nintendo supporting and publishing these kind of games... But, but... Where is my F-Zero WX, Nintendo??:weep:

And Castlevania game #120 and Tales 2D are in Mario Galaxy's leage now? and the other is a 14 year old port.

And who says... Fatal Frame 4 is not a Silent Hill killer (in fact, Fatal Frame 2 is arguably better than any SH, let alone the upcoming SH5) and Arc Rise Fantasia is not one hell of a RPG?

And if we're going by AAA quality, and not AAA sales performance... what if I tell you that, for me Chibi Robo is just as magical and good as Mario Galaxy? (that, relating to Captain Rainbow)

Let alone Fragile, Rune Factory Wii, Wario Land and King's Story, that look absolutely awesome already (and Megaman is pure fanservice for the hardcore)

That leads us to... why are we even bitching?

Let's just not bitch then eh :E

You're right about the AAA ambiguities. That's why I never said Chrono Trigger or Tales was AAA, I just said they're probably the biggest announcements. The point was that none of those titles are Mario Galaxys. It's all why, in my original post, I said "AAA announcements" - the sort of things that generate hype before anyone knows if the games are any good.

It was carefully worded intentionally!!! :p

Let's just not bitch then eh :E

You're right about the AAA ambiguities. That's why I never said Chrono Trigger or Tales was AAA, I just said they're probably the biggest announcements. It's all why, in my original post, I said "AAA announcements" - the sort of things that generate hype before anyone knows if the games are any good.

It was carefully worded intentionally!!! :p

Fair enough, but from the titles listed... I'm more hyped for Wii ones (this said I'm a home console guy)

If, we were including the whole DS RPG list, though... I've got to say I'm floored. This said, I'm a RPG guy too.

New Info?

• Nick loves ‘loud’ clothing
  • Captain Rainbow uses a yo-yo in his finishing move
  • Captain Rainbow is a TV show mascot, and kids aren’t tuning into the program.
  • Nick travels to Mimin Island, a place where dreams are said to come true
  • Instead of Nick’s dreams being granted, Captain Rainbow must grant the wishes of other island inhabitants
  • Search the island for people to help
  • The island is filled with classic Nintendo characters in-need of help (Birdo, NES Golf character, and many more)
  • Nick is helped by Hikari, from the Japan-only adventure game Shin Onigashima

New Info?

• Nick loves ‘loud’ clothing
  • Captain Rainbow uses a yo-yo in his finishing move
  • Captain Rainbow is a TV show mascot, and kids aren’t tuning into the program.
  • Nick travels to Mimin Island, a place where dreams are said to come true
  • Instead of Nick’s dreams being granted, Captain Rainbow must grant the wishes of other island inhabitants
  • Search the island for people to help
  • The island is filled with classic Nintendo characters in-need of help (Birdo, NES Golf character, and many more)
  • Nick is helped by Hikari, from the Japan-only adventure game Shin Onigashima

I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up a Japan exclusive with Randomness like that!

I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up a Japan exclusive with Randomness like that!

I was going to say the sam thing, then I remembered we did get the likes of Tingle's DS adventure hitting PAL territory, and from what I played that was pretty random.

But then again, this is the Wii and it is a different kind of randomness!

Captain Rainbow is a new Nintendo IP developed by Skip Ltd., the creators of Chibi-Robo! and Giftpia. You assume the role of Nick, a seemingly ordinary guy who has the ability to transform into the titular yo-yo wielding Captain Rainbow. With stylised comic book-esque graphics and an island full of past minor Nintendo characters (including the transvestite Birdo), Captain Rainbow may well be one of the surprise hits at E3.

Guest Maase

Here's the translated version (IT SAYS "SUMMER" on the release date :D)

Edit: Click two times on the Window to be taken to the real video, there it's translated.

I think this game would do alot better if it didn't have rainbow in its name, but it looks pretty good, so I'll buy it. Surprised to see swearing in a not-so-mature looking Nintendo game.

I don't think they're very worried about sales :P

Not so mature? I think this, like Tingle is actually pretty "mature". It's a satire, it's not afraid to take itself lightly and to have this, well, homo tone and everyone knows if a kid looks at this they'll say it's crap. Mature doesn't have to mean serious or violent, at least not to me.

Guest Maase

Bah... your missing the whole point...

"2008 SUMMER!!!"

FREAKING 2008 SUMMER ^^

We will receive it something like 4 months later, wich means that we may even get it this year :o

Well this looks.....

GREAT!

It's a new IP something we havn't seen from Nintendo for a while! We have to just hope we will see it here, because isn't it made by Skip? There last great game was Giftpia which never made here as far as I know.

That voice is so irritating. I hope the english one is much better.

Not so mature? I think this, like Tingle is actually pretty "mature". It's a satire, it's not afraid to take itself lightly and to have this, well, homo tone and everyone knows if a kid looks at this they'll say it's crap. Mature doesn't have to mean serious or violent, at least not to me.

I agree. It doesn't just happen with games though. People think that maturity is acting serious and trying to be older.

Well this looks.....

GREAT!

It's a new IP something we havn't seen from Nintendo for a while! We have to just hope we will see it here, because isn't it made by Skip? There last great game was Giftpia which never made here as far as I know.

Nah their last game was Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol on the DS, which probably won't be released in Europe and was only released in WalMart in America. I hold hope for this coming to Europe...

Nah their last game was Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol on the DS, which probably won't be released in Europe and was only released in WalMart in America. I hold hope for this coming to Europe...

I meant home console game sorry... Yeah I wanted Chibo-Robo...perhaps worth an import...

That's what I mean. Alot of kids aren't going to want to buy it because its not "mature", there's a reason mature is in quotes.

That's what I mean. Alot of kids aren't going to want to buy it because its not "mature", there's a reason mature is in quotes.

Sorry, need sleep.

I never expected Nintendo to make an admittedly gay game.

I wouldn't say admittedly, but

FreshlyPicked-TinglesRosyRupeelandD.jpg

Guest Maase

This is actually a pretty funny satire...

It seems that everyone in this Island will have obscure problems, some where thrown to a Jail, others have Drinking Problems, etc.

I can't wait for this one... Im curious about the age rating, tough.

Like other people here, I find this game have a Tingle feel... which can't be a bad thing since I absolutely loved "Tingle game with awfully long title".

Cross fingers for a European release.

Talking about that I would love a Tingle sequel (with Tingle gaining a small ruined mansion from a dead relative and turning it into a huge hotel) but I don't think it's likely to happen...:(