Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Guest Stefkov

I think the lost of Tevez against Newcastle made United suffer. If they had Tevez available, despite how poor I thought the midfiled was, they could have scored a few goals. That chance Campbell had early on, it was just screaming to be put in the net.

I just wish Andseron had gotten a goal last season. If I remember he didn't get one. I think as soon as he gets one goal in, his confidence will shoot right up and he'll start banging them in.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish Andseron had gotten a goal last season. If I remember he didn't get one. I think as soon as he gets one goal in, his confidence will shoot right up and he'll start banging them in.

Bit hard for him to get one against Newcastle when he was in Beijing.

I think the lost of Tevez against Newcastle made United suffer. If they had Tevez available, despite how poor I thought the midfiled was, they could have scored a few goals. That chance Campbell had early on, it was just screaming to be put in the net.

No, its because Man U were playing shite.

Man U have enough professional, talented players to win games. But football isn't that simple.

They drew against a spirited, physical Newcastle side. Yet my pet hate rears its ugly head when fans make comment such as: "So-and-so wasn't playing" They then cite that as the sole reason for not winning. Imagine if SAF did that. "Oh well, lads, you'd have won if Ronaldo was playing". The response? Everyone feeling like shit and dressing room unrest/resentment/emotional turmoil.

The same could be said for Arsenal when Fabregas is out. And Chelski when Drogba is missing. Excuses. Teams as vast as the top 3/4 have enough resources to have depth. That's a whole other kettle of fish though.

Just annoys me when people forget that football is a team game and forget to respect the other team. Like, did you know that if Berbatov was playing on Saturday, Sunderland would have been hammered?

And the saddest thing? It pretty much always comes from the "respected" journalists. :indeed: Especially towards the top 4.

Man U have enough professional, talented players to win games. But football isn't that simple.

They drew against a spirited, physical Newcastle side. Yet my pet hate rears its ugly head when fans make comment such as: "So-and-so wasn't playing" They then cite that as the sole reason for not winning. Imagine if SAF did that. "Oh well, lads, you'd have won if Ronaldo was playing". The response? Everyone feeling like shit and dressing room unrest/resentment/emotional turmoil.

The same could be said for Arsenal when Fabregas is out. And Chelski when Drogba is missing. Excuses. Teams as vast as the top 3/4 have enough resources to have depth. That's a whole other kettle of fish though.

Just annoys me when people forget that football is a team game and forget to respect the other team. Like, did you know that if Berbatov was playing on Saturday, Sunderland would have been hammered?

And the saddest thing? It pretty much always comes from the "respected" journalists. :indeed: Especially towards the top 4.

We lost because for all the fancy footwork in the midefield, we have noone who can put the ball in the back of the net (i wish we would sell Berbatov and get a new striker quickly).

SAF will get things sorted. The guy is a footballing genius.

Oh, I'm not doubting he won't sort things out. Just, wish he'd do it sooner. :heh:

Welcome to I posted it fucking yesterday you cheeky shit

To be honest, it seemed like pretty old news even by then. :heh: Think the world and his wife and his bit on the side had all heard it by the time it had got posted on here. It's hardly a shocker anyway, I'm surprised he's stayed this long.

To be honest, I think we were just not ready for that first game. We still started off with Scholes, Giggs and Carrick, which is pretty awesome midfield as it is. We just weren't simply ready, I think we didn't go into the game with the right mindset.

Anderson had a great season, all he lacked was a few goals. He'll get some this season, but as long as he keeps trying and looks menacing, then it'll come in time.

No, its because Man U were playing shite.

So, not because Newcastle looked in pretty good shape, or that it was the first game of the season. Nice way to show some confidence in your own team there. ;)

It is annoying when people do use it as an excuse. But, when you are missing players who have a major influence on your team, it can affect the whole side, imo. Whenever I heard that Van Der Sar isn't playing, and that Kuzczack (sp?) is in his place instead, my confidence does drop.

True, we still have enough quality to win, but you also need to know in your own mind that it's possible to do so. We didn't perform as well for a number of different reasons. Looking at who wasn't available, we were missing a lot in the middle of the field, as well as upfront. I'd have been shocked if we had lost the game, as defensively (excluding the goal) we were fine. But, looking at the midfield, and seeing no Ronaldo, no Nani, no Hargreaves, no Anderson, Carrick going off, and also no Tevez or Saha up front. That's quite a big loss for any team. Especially when some of those are cover for the ones that may be injured. So, we needed cover for the cover, haha. It was still a decent midfield, but we lacked that "second gear" to push forward and show some flair and creativity.

I'm not surprised we didn't win the game. We probably should have won, and looking at who was on the pitch, we should have used our experience to at least carve out some more chances. But, we didn't seem to be on form. Still, it's only the first game of the season, and the second is tonight, so there's still plenty of time.

Agreed mate. But world class players (the likes of Fabregas/Gerrard/Torres/Rio Ferdinand) can make a difference to their team.

Yay, first win of the season. :)

Thought we did pretty well, it's a shame we couldn't reflect that with scoring more goals. I was chatting to my brother earlier, and mentioned how I thought Fergie would play Evra in midfield, and O'Shea at left-back, and was pleased to see my prediction, come true. Hehe.

Thought Evra did very well. Probably my favourite United player, and he's really in a class of his own. :) I also thought Fletcher had a good game, and even if he doesn't get to claim that goal, I thought he played pretty well, again. Glad to see Tevez and Rooney having strong games, as well. And also, Anderson showed some good stamina to see out most of this game, despite his Olympic duties. :)

So, we're getting there. Nowhere near up to the standard we want to be at, but it's only the second game. So, I'm hopeful. A victory at Fratton Park, which is a very difficult place to go and get a victory, sounds fucking great to me. :)

Yay, first win of the season. :)

Thought we did pretty well, it's a shame we couldn't reflect that with scoring more goals. I was chatting to my brother earlier, and mentioned how I thought Fergie would play Evra in midfield, and O'Shea at left-back, and was pleased to see my prediction, come true. Hehe.

Ermm Fergie played Evra left back.....so your prediction was wrong. :p He and Brown just got up the pitch very well as Rio and Vidic were taking out crouch and defoe no problem.

We played better but should have put away more chances. Nice to get the first win. Don't care about the super cup really cos after that we have liverpool and chelski away. Hopefully have some people back for those games.

How good was Anderson considering he only got back from the olympics yesterday?! Awesome.

Ermm Fergie played Evra left back.....so your prediction was wrong. :p He and Brown just got up the pitch very well as Rio and Vidic were taking out crouch and defoe no problem.

We played better but should have put away more chances. Nice to get the first win. Don't care about the super cup really cos after that we have liverpool and chelski away. Hopefully have some people back for those games.

How good was Anderson considering he only got back from the olympics yesterday?! Awesome.

Haha, daamn. I lack Skysports, so was listening to the game on teh radio Five of Live. Jesus, he must have been having the game of his life, because the impression that I got was that he was playing in the middle of the park upwards. Crikey, love my man even more now. :heh: (grr at the wrong prediction).

Liverpool and Chelsea away though, with both of them on good form. Couldn't really have come at a worse time, haha.

Anderson is a fucking machine. :) Also, Possebon doesn't seem to be half bad either, from what I've been hearing.

thought both teams played pretty well but we (United) deserved the win, and it should have been 2-0 because Rooneys goal was definately onside.

Yeah it was well onside and a deserved goal for all his hard work throughout the match. But meh.

In other news I hear that Berbatovs agent as demanded crisis talks with levy to sort out this transfer. TBH I would just give up now and get Huntelaar.

Fabregas is better. :heh::smile:

He may be, but it's not as if Anderson is our main driving force in midfield. Besides, the guy has only had one year at Ye Olde Trafford. And, being part of a Champions League and Premier League winning squad in your first year is nothing to be grumpy about. ;) He's looking pretty good right now, and in truth, he will just get better and better.

Yeah it was well onside and a deserved goal for all his hard work throughout the match. But meh.

In other news I hear that Berbatovs agent as demanded crisis talks with levy to sort out this transfer. TBH I would just give up now and get Huntelaar.

It's a shame it didn't count, but that's football. Maybe he'll poach a hat-trick in the next game, to make up for it. Given our opposition, I'd say...probably not. :heh:

This Berbatov saga is pretty lame now, to be honest. Not sure if I'd even want him at our club now, or would care greatly if he didn't come. The term "tainted goods" now springs to mind.

Queen of the South just lost 2-1 to some Danish team. :(

They were winning up until the 88th minute as well and went all out to get the other goal they needed and in doing so conceded do thus lost 4-2 on aggregate. :(

That's pretty harsh. :(

This Berbatov saga is pretty lame now, to be honest. Not sure if I'd even want him at our club now, or would care greatly if he didn't come. The term "tainted goods" now springs to mind.

That's pretty harsh. :(

I really don't think Berbatov's worth £30m, he's 27 going on 28 and has random games where he can't be bothered. Go for someone like Huntelaar who you can get for £10m less and will bang away just as many goals.

And yeah, it was harsh. They'd done so well to take it right to the last 5 minutes. :(

I really don't think Berbatov's worth £30m, he's 27 going on 28 and has random games where he can't be bothered. Go for someone like Huntelaar who you can get for £10m less and will bang away just as many goals.

And yeah, it was harsh. They'd done so well to take it right to the last 5 minutes. :(

Dont think Huntelaar will cost 10m or less, he maybe around the 20m....but yea I rather have Huntelaar then Berba at United tbh.

Hope we get a home game for Carling Cup. Generally means a good seat thats considerably cheaper than I usually pay. Though you sometimes have to put up with casual fans. I know it sounds elitist, but when someone is saying "who?" to you're own squad it begs the question what they know about the team.

I think Spurs are just trying to milk him for every penny, and who can blame them. If they're losing a big player, may as well get a lot out of him whilst they can.

As for who to go for, I honestly don't know anymore. I think Fergie may even just go for an unknown now, who knows.

Dont think Huntelaar will cost 10m or less, he maybe around the 20m....but yea I rather have Huntelaar then Berba at United tbh.

Right now, I dunno if either would work, who knows. Meh, lets just shove Fletcher up front and have it done with!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!