NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Im happy with Arsenal result, now we have a golden chance to go 3 points ahead :heh:

Slightly miffed at Chelsea, obviously. I would have preferred a Chelsea win or a draw.

I hope that we don't end up rueing dropping the points against Fulham, Boro and Stoke. We'd be flying even higher if it wasn't for those results.

But if Liverpool get the win tomorrow, I'll actually not mind so much. :)

Im happy with Arsenal result, now we have a golden chance to go 3 points ahead :heh:

You'll need 'em when you come to the Emirates on the 21st. We're after 3 points from your boys next.

We will see :)

We are playing really well against the rest of the big 4.

Beat Chelsea away and Man Utd :heh:

I think we will take something from the Emirates

I think we will take something from the Emirates

Yeah the tube back to Euston. ;)

..I get the impression Liverpool are gonna have a bit of a dip for some reason, and we won't manage to get the 3 points against West Ham tomorrow night :hmm: I hope I'm wrong though as I would love to see us break clear at the top once more :heh: ..we've had chances before and didn't take them, so now we must take advantage before the Christmas period..

Dream on. :heh:

Ahh, I wonder how Dyson is feeling right now?

That's football right? :D

I didn't get to see the match unfortunately, I was in Portsmouth for the weekend staying with some old mates who aren't even remotely in to football. What was the match like, anyway? Flatmate told me it was a pretty shit match, with the last 10 minutes being pure time wasting from Arsenal but then again, he switches teams every few weeks (it was Arsenal up until 1/2 weeks ago when they lost to Aston Villa, now it's Crystal Palace I believe..?) so what does he know? :heh:

As for the impact on the title race, you can expect to drop a few points against the big teams every now and then, not everyone has a perfect run through a season anyway. Would rather drop points against a challenging team like Arsenal than drop points due to a shoddy performance on our part.

Just cannot take their chances!

Hopefully United can win their game in hand against fulham and that'll make us only 3 points behind the 'pool. :)

Mwhahahaha. :D

Oh, I love football. How I doubted you Hammers. It ain't a win, but it'll do. :)

Same old same old, with our poor run of form and Man U's good run it looks like they will leapfrog us by crimbo.

If liverpool are top of the league or only a point off the pace after boxing day we will take the trophy.

Oh, I love football. How I doubted you Hammers. It ain't a win, but it'll do. :)

Quoted for accuracy :D

What the hell Liverpool. :blank: A point is better than none, but even still...

The December Dip is upon them!

Is there a situation at Sunderland?

The main situation is that they acted like they won the title when they beat us and forgot about the rest of the season, losing 6 out of 7 games since then. Keane is being very non-commital about his future in the press, but he could just be trying to wheedle a better deal. Not that he's not really in much of a position to do that, having bought and sold more than 100 players during his 100 games in charge, spent about £40m and still having a team in the relegation zone being beaten 4-1 at home to Bolton.

The December Dip is upon them!

If we win the league by a point I won't complain. :heh: We still shoulda had the three points from West Ham, I didn't see the match since I don't have Setanta, but from what I hear, it was one of those matches where we just couldn't take our chances. If one had gone in then we could have won it comfortably. Things are tightening up again between the top four, its gonna be interesting to see how things sit in the new year!

Being top of the league doesn't sound easy :heh: we draw 2 matches and suddenly were on a bad streak apparently

What I don't get is why the Liverpool fans booed at the final whistle. The team go top albeit via a draw and they're booed off the pitch. What a joke, I bet none of those idiots will be booing if that point gets them the trophy at the end of the season.

Pretty disappointed at that, i mean you can't expect to win every match. Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal all have dips in form, and were no different.

What I don't get is why the Liverpool fans booed at the final whistle. The team go top albeit via a draw and they're booed off the pitch. What a joke, I bet none of those idiots will be booing if that point gets them the trophy at the end of the season.

Yeah I dont get that either. Best performance in the league for a long time and still 1 point clear at the top and they get booed off at home. Terrible.

Im quite confident with Uniteds progress now. Played all our tough away games. Got all the big boys at home, which will be the deciders I feel. We win those, we win the league.

It sucks big time having all these away games especially straight after away european games, but then of course the second half of the season is to our advantage when we usually are playing better we get the top 3 at home.

Plus I do believe we are going to miss out on another weekend soon to play the club championship cup thingy, usually december/january time isnt it?

Man Utd's first match in the Club World Cup is the 18th of December, if they win the match the final is on the 21st. It would appear the European team gets a bye straight to the semi's.

Man Utd's first match in the Club World Cup is the 18th of December, if they win the match the final is on the 21st. It would appear the European team gets a bye straight to the semi's.

You are correct sir and it seems our game with Wigan at home is the one to suffer.

Not bad games in hands to have Fulham and Wigan at home. Mind you Fulham have been playing well lately but think we'll take them at home.

Congrats to Burnley. They took their chances, we missed 6 one on ones.

Unlucky to our young guys, they've battled, played their best and they've not let themselves or the fans down. Hopefully they'll take tonight on board and turn it round and learn from it.

Why didn't Arsenal play like their first team?

Looking at their situation, no trophies for a while (Dunno how many seasons) and their best shot at silverware and they play a mediocre team, they should have really pushed for the Carling Cup surely?