NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

I'm predicting 2-0 to us tomorrow.

Torres and Kuyt to score, Alonso will play a key role as he always seems to do against Chelsea.

I could have sworn you were a Chelsea fan MadDog? o_O

Dude thats just wrong.

Tell you what, I'd be happy enough with Frank getting a goal or two tomorrow night/ over both legs as long as Liverpool are the team that end up progressing to the semi's. :hehe:

Lol @ Man U tonight. Jammy once more in that they weren't thrashed! I'm as surprised as anyone that Porto didn't just roll over, United were very lucky to get away with a draw.

I think Liverpool will lose today...Rafa has started spouting crap again...why won't he learn keep quiet and you do better....

..hmm.. I just remembered this morning that Mascherano is suspended :hmm:

Lucas will have to come in.. but his endeavour and tackling ability is nowhere near the same standard. I still have faith he can do a good job though :smile:

Most people seem to hold that opinion, but in all honesty, I haven't really seen enough of him to form any thoughts.

Live Champions League and FA Cup games are the only chances to see him for the whole game (but, more often than not, he isn't in the starting line-up) and, other than that, it is only Match of the Day or whatever where you only get snippets..

I am interested to see how he performs tonight.. particularly since Rafa continuously stands by him.. but I do admit to feeling less confident when Mascherano is out!

I could have sworn you were a Chelsea fan MadDog? o_O

Haha! What made you think that :heh:

1-0 to us :)

Was frustrating watching United last night.

I don't think we deserved to win it, infact Porto were the better team but I thought we had escaped. We looked tired and no one except Rooney really seemed up for it. Felt sorry for him, he tries so hard all the time, if everyone else put in the effort like him we would have been all over Porto. 2-2 is a shocking scoreline to take to the away leg. 1-1 wouldn't have been so bad. I have hope we can still turn it around but it's gonna be tough what with us now playing every saturday and wednesday for the next few weeks.

My uncle was there at old trafford and said the atmosphere was really flat, the crowd just never really got behind the team which is very disappointing. usually on a big champions league night the crowd is on fire. I think the early goal shocked everyone and the prawn sandwiches came out early.

I have faith and we can still do it COME ON! :)

Its gonna be a big ask for you, but i'd still wager United to go through.

It should make the 2nd leg an unmissable game. Hopefully utd score first and it really opens up the play.

As for tonight.... i'm going with a Liverpool win. Come on you reds.

Platty: I have faith in United, and I still think we've got the firepower and skill to go through. The big problems for me has been our midfield and defence. Too often have our defenders been left one on one, or two on two, and there's been no cover. We need to learn how to defend as a unit, again, otherwise Porto will steamroll past us in the return leg.

If we can crack that problem, defend as a team, we'll go through.

Watching the Liverpool/Chelsea game. 1-1, and it's been entertaining. Liverpool started well, but I think Chelsea have done well to get themselves back into it. I still think they could nick another goal, but it won't be the one-nil I predicted.

Also, Barcelona are thrashing Bayern Munich 4-0. I'm glad we didn't play them yesterday!

I knew Ivanovic would come good with a good (better) run. I hope Milan don't end up buying him.

COME ON YOU BLUES, PROVE ME WRONG :D

That third goal was superb. I actually dragged Ine to watch it on the replay.

Scoreline doesn't reflect the game, so far. This game should be about 4-4.

EPIC. EPIC. EPIC.

Drogba makes up for his earlier misses. Nice!

Come on Liverpool

I think the most Liverpool could hope for would be to maybe nick a goal somehow, perhaps from a set-piece, and then go into the second leg 3-2 down. They'll need to be careful not to concede another, and I really wouldn't put it past Chelsea.

Well....what to say....

Were not out of it though, if we get 1 or 2 early goals away, then who knows?

:(

Well....what to say....

Were not out of it though, if we get 1 or 2 early goals away, then who knows?

:(

The big bonus for Liverpool is that John Terry won't be playing in the second leg, due to that yellow card. I think it was pretty harsh, but that may just give Liverpool some hope.

Can honestly say I did not expect either of tonights results.

Once again zonal marking costs us.

I thought Riera, Aurellio, Lucas and then when he came on Dossena were terrible tonight

Not in a million years... well maybe in a million, but you know what i mean. :heh:

Glad i didn't bet on those games.

That was enjoyable. Second leg should be interesting.

Fun how we always have to concede an early goal before we get in gear.

I wish I could have seen that Barcelona performance. Four-nil before half time. That must be one of the best performances by anyone this season? It could have been more, apparently.

Once again zonal marking costs us.

I thought Riera, Aurellio, Lucas and then when he came on Dossena were terrible tonight

I think Babel should have come on earlier, as I didn't really see the point in bringing on Dossena once the team were already 3-1 down. Maybe it was to stop further conceding any goals, or to protect Aurellio who was on a yellow?

Chelsea, on the other hand, bought on Anelka in place of Drogba after he had scored. I think they wanted it more, particularly in that second half.

Looks like it'll be tough games for both Liverpool and Manchester United then. An English team has never won against Porto at their ground (I think I have that right) and Chelsea will need a huge defensive blunder or three to concede that many goals at home.