NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Brown has signed a new contract.

And as for Rooney to be honest you can't leave him out. But whilst it's working with tevez and berba I think you gotta start with them.

It's a tough choice but what a choice to have :)

I was a little bit dissapointed with the ref's performance for west brom v united tonight. I didn't really expect anything from the game, but i'm not sure our goal difference would have taken such a battering had robbo stayed on.

Heard an interesting point after the game: we got 3 players booked for dissent, yet united had none. Now I was only listening to the match, dont know if anyone here saw it? but the commentary I heard (bbc 5 live) said that united players were moaning at the ref after every decision that went our way?? is that not dissent?

I think they need to give up on the respect campain if they can't get consistant refereeing.

From watching the game, we didn't really have a lot to complain about. The ref just didn't go down well at all with the West Brom fans. Plenty of boos went his way.

I do believe that at least two players got booked during the same incident, which was to dispute whether the fifth United goal was offside or not (Berbatov may or may not have been offside).

They did give the ref some stick, but then there is the case where some refs give yellow cards for this, and some don't. Inconsistency.

The sending off itself was pretty harsh, though. I remember seeing the tackle, looking away, and then seeing that the ref had sent him off. I don't think it changed the outcome of the game, but it probably did help with the scoreline.

Heard an interesting point after the game: we got 3 players booked for dissent, yet united had none. Now I was only listening to the match, dont know if anyone here saw it? but the commentary I heard (bbc 5 live) said that united players were moaning at the ref after every decision that went our way?? is that not dissent?

I think they need to give up on the respect campain if they can't get consistant refereeing.

We all know refs go easy on United. After the corner incident against Chelsea, Rooney should have been dick slapped let alone booked for the way he kicked off at the linesman.

We all know refs go easy on United. After the corner incident against Chelsea, Rooney should have been dick slapped let alone booked for the way he kicked off at the linesman.

Agreed.

They're hard enough games. Teams like united really don't need the extra man, we would have been shat on anyway. I just hope relegation doesn't come down to goal difference, because that decision could prove pretty costly for us with how tight the league is this season.

Hopefully, we can appeal the red card because robbo is one of our few defenders who is isn't carrying an injury.

anyone else think that Giggs has been amazing in the last few games he's played after a man of the match game against chelsea he tore west brom apart at times last night setting up 3 goals, for a man of 35 this is pretty amazing.

One of my united fan mates has insisted for ages that giggs is useless, whilst i've been saying he's still one of their best players. He really thinks hes shite.?. I've been enjoying making him eat his own words over the last few weeks (apart from last night :( ).

Giggs :bowdown:

I can't forgive Giggs for '99. Not only was it a stunning goal, but the release of the gorilla chest was uncalled for.

Haha, the chest, the chest!

I'm in the minority here, but I actually think that Giggs is a better player now than he was 10 years ago. Back then, it was his speed and agility that caused defenders problems. Now, he's much more developed. His passing, crossing, vision for a good run, and his overall team work play is excellent.

I'm going to get slated for saying that, but it's my opinion. :heh:

I've got a soft spot for Giggs. Part Welsh, part fucking awesome.

Part Welsh, part fucking awesome.

Nice.

Agreed Fierce_LiNk. he went through a dodgey patch getting there, but hes definately better now than ever.

When giggs leaves the game the premiership needs to be renamed, because he has been the premier league.

Nice.

Agreed Fierce_LiNk. he went through a dodgey patch getting there, but hes definately better now than ever.

When giggs leaves the game the premiership needs to be renamed, because he has been the premier league.

Speaking of that goal against Arsenal, what about that open goal miss, also during the FA Cup, also against Arsenal? I was on my feet cheering, and then the ball sailed over the bar. To top it off, we went a goal down about 10 minutes later, and ended up losing 2-0.

I can't imagine the idea of Giggs just...not playing. But, in saying that, he has done so much for the club. Probably my favourite ever United player.

As for the current squad, I have soft spots for quite a few of the players. Evra, Carrick and Tevez are my new Holy Trinity, haha.

My role model was and still is Andy Cole. I think he and Giggs would make for awesome managers. I can imagine Giggs passing on his immense wisdom.

I think Giggs was better when he was younger but he's almost a different player now. Both sides to him are great assets.

My role model was and still is Andy Cole. I think he and Giggs would make for awesome managers. I can imagine Giggs passing on his immense wisdom.

I think Giggs was better when he was younger but he's almost a different player now. Both sides to him are great assets.

Andy Cole, that's a strange role model to have, hehe. Quality player, though. :)

There was something recently that was said by Mr. Gary Linekar, who stated that strikers wouldn't make great managers, due to their selfishness. He mentioned how strikers are all about getting the goals, and that's what satisfies them, so they don't really care much about the rest of the team.

I can't begin to imagine what qualities Andy Cole would bring to the managerial table... Or Ryan Giggs for that matter.

I can't begin to imagine what qualities Andy Cole would bring to the managerial table... Or Ryan Giggs for that matter.

The Gorilla Chest, for a start.

Strikes fear into the heart of all Arsenal supporters!

The Gorilla Chest, for a start.

Strikes fear into the heart of all Arsenal supporters!

Haha!

Imagine the team talk.

Giggs:"Right boys, I've shaved this wool off a few black sheep. Everyone rub this PVA Glue on your chest and roll around in the wool. "

Player:"But boss, hows this going to help?"

Giggs:"The bastards will be running scared out of the sheer over manliness of your chest."

Haha!

Imagine the team talk.

Giggs:"Right boys, I've shaved this wool off a few black sheep. Everyone rub this PVA Glue on your chest and roll around in the wool. "

Player:"But boss, hows this going to help?"

Giggs:"The bastards will be running scared out of the sheer over manliness of your chest."

Hahahaha.

So, that's the reason why we lost at the Emirates earlier this season. No chest hair. Haha.

I hope Arsenal can redeem themselves against Spurs, letting a 4-2 lead go like that with only seconds to go.

There's only one Emile Heskey! One Emile Heskey!

He played for the shite,

But now he's alright!

Walking in a Heskey wonderland! :grin:

We were lucky. Pompey made a lot of chances in the 2nd half. I was almost certain they would equalise, but our lucky run just keeps on going. I reckon a flukey loss to Wigan or Blackburn is on the cards.

Anyway hope Portsmouth beat Villa today, think i'm the only person in the world who hates Martin O'Neill.

Son of a...explain yourself, fool! :nono:

Nike, Adidas, you heard it here first: Signature Mr Giggs Chest Toupets. :yay:

Nice one Wigan!

Love it after the equaliser, Rafa takes off Gerrard and brings on Keane in like the 84th minute.... WTF?

And according to BBC Wigan almost won it at the end:

"2135: Almost one of the great introductions to English football, Hugo Rodallega nearly made himself a hero in Manchester - his stunning 25-yard free-kick beats Pepe Reina all ends up and slaps against the Liverpool crossbar. Oh my word. "

Damn so close, but well done. Hopefully Everton can hold out against Arsenal too. :)

Just watching West Ham vs Hull. West Ham have been immense. Cole should have scored about 5. A convincing win but they need to put away those chances as they wont get that many against other teams. Been good football by the hammers.

Well we're in the bloody shit. Looks like we may have to win the Champions League if we want to play in it next year.