Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Brash Entertainment Admits Gamers of all Ages to Fun Park Videogame

canand

Brash Entertainment announced today the development of Fun Park, a videogame based on the world’s largest regional theme park company, North America’s Six Flags Inc., to bring the thrills and chills of a theme park to family living rooms worldwide. Featuring uniquely themed areas and mini-games based on a visit to a theme park, this new videogame ensures that summer fun continues all year round.

Calling gamers of all ages - Fun Park, welcomes the whole family into a virtual theme park filled with everyone’s favourite games, all re-imagined within a colossal park environment that is sure to keep gamers challenged. Upon entering the game, players are tasked with quests that encourage them to explore the park’s universe. After creating a unique custom character, Fun Park patrons can test their skills, win prizes, and play against friends and family with 40 mini-games.

“Everyone has memories of visiting theme parks with their families, and having a great time with games like the Ring Toss and Bumper Cars,†said Mitch Davis, co-founder, chairman and CEO of Brash Entertainment.“With Fun Park, we are re-imagining these time-honoured tests of luck and skill while taking advantage of today’s most popular gaming systems to create a great family fun experience.â€

The creation of Fun Park demonstrates the way that Brash Entertainment continues to redefine licensed games for the gaming and entertainment industry.“Brash has already announced partnerships with leading film companies such as Lionsgate Films, Twentieth Century Fox, Universal Studios, Vanguard Animation, and Warner Bros," explained Davis. "Six Flags is the world's largest regional theme park company; by teaming up with them, we continue to prove our strength in collaborating with the top brands in entertainment and bring the gaming experience to new fans worldwide.â€

Fun Park will be available for the Wiiâ„¢, the Playstation 2â„¢ and Nintendo DSâ„¢ videogame systems from Nintendo. This game has not yet been rated and will be available at retailers in Winter 2008

Souce http://www.developmag.com/press-releases/37754/BRASH-ENTERTAINMENT-ADMITS-GAMERS-OF-ALL-AGES-TO-FUN-PARK-VIDEOGAME

Update with images

How do you cram all of the fun of a visit to a Six Flags theme park into your living room? You don't, but Brash Entertainment is still willing to try. They've just announced Six Flags Fun Park, due out this fall for the Nintendo Wii and PlayStation 2. Gamers can create their own character and engage in quests that take you all over the virtual theme park, just like a real life visit. And what visit to Six Flags would be complete without 40 different mini-games to challenge family and friends? None, I say.

“Six Flags is synonymous with great family fun, and Brash Entertainment is committed to bringing fantastic family entertainment to the gaming world,†said David McKillips, Vice President of Corporate Alliances for Six Flags. “Six Flags Fun Park is the next best thing to actually being inside the park. Now families can keep their favorite theme park gaming skills fresh year round.â€

I am sorry if I am taking the piss here, but I cannot see a collection of mini-games coming anywhere near recreating the Six Flags experience. Now if they fill each case with biting gnats that break your air conditioning, then we'll be in business.

sixflagstop.jpg

medium_2554080128_3e5069779a_o.jpg

smallish_2553257805_8a5291b570_o.jpg

smallish_2553258461_59975d4536_o.jpg

smallish_2553258955_f293bf6e6b_o.jpg

smallish_2553259349_42fa84cca7_o.jpg

It is a six flags Theme Park game and its a Theme Park game we onley can buy know becuse there is no Roller Coaster Tycoon 4.

Get Thrillville: Off the Rails for Wii. It's made by Frontier Developments, creators of LostWinds and Rollercoaster Tycoon, and could be seen as the spiritual successor to Tycoon.

It is a six flags Theme Park game and its a Theme Park game we onley can buy know becuse there is no Roller Coaster Tycoon 4.

This isn't anything like Roller Coaster Tycoon, This is a Mini Game collection and Roller Coaster Tycoon is a theme park sim.

• 4 weeks later...

I think a certain some one tried to get their name in the credits of a main page news post, unlucky fella.

This wasnt even thread worthy, just another piece of crap publishers are putting out, and will eventually blame Nintendo that they dwarf the wii sale front so they cant make any money.

I think a certain some one tried to get their name in the credits of a main page news post, unlucky fella.

This wasnt even thread worthy, just another piece of crap publishers are putting out, and will eventually blame Nintendo that they dwarf the wii sale front so they cant make any money.

That's pretty harsh. Someone makes an effort to post up news about a game that no one knows anything about and all you've got to say for yourself is "nice try". It's not like Canand made the game or anything, he's just trying to be informative.

That's pretty harsh. Someone makes an effort to post up news about a game that no one knows anything about and all you've got to say for yourself is "nice try". It's not like Canand made the game or anything, he's just trying to be informative.

The only thing regarding Canand in my post was a light joke regarding trying to get into the credits of a news post.

Everything else was purely opinion and a full stab at whoever is producing the game. It wasnt harsh at all. I would of said the same thing if another person had posted about this.

Its a forum, place for opinions yadda yadda, quit moaning.