NEurope
Deathjam

Will you be buying Dokapon Kingdom

^It's by Sting, Atlus only publishes

Seems to be a good game, mario party+itagaki street+RPG is quite the unlikely genre, lol

^It's by Sting, Atlus only publishes

Seems to be a good game, mario party+itagaki street+RPG is quite the unlikely genre, lol

Hmmm still unsure. Think Ill save my pennies this time.

I shall be buying it. I buy a lot of Atlus published stuff as they usually end up been unique fun. Stilling missing some in my PS2 collection, :(

And Atlus do make games, who do you think makes the awesome Persona :P

Won't be buying.

Way to kiddie [sorry!], though outside of the aweful looking board game sections, I actually think the in fight graphics look rather nice!

And Atlus do make games, who do you think makes the awesome Persona :P
I was talking in specific for this one.

I won't be buying it due to lack of money; but hell if I wouldn't buy a Persona 4 Wii right this moment.

Didn't they make Odin's Sphere? I still NEEED that.

Vanillaware did that game, looked bloody lovely too! Oh man someone said Persona 4 *has to do the mandatory pant creaming*

Pretty fun, but im thinking about buying every game i see in this Forum, so im not sure if i'l buy this one

Vanillaware did that game, looked bloody lovely too! Oh man someone said Persona 4 *has to do the mandatory pant creaming*
I actually would rebuy Odin Sphere for the Wii just for the silky framerate if it came without the slowdowns.

Still praying for a Persona 4 Wii in time for the US release with 16:9 and 480p. (I'll still probably import the PS2 version though, since my PS2 can read imports) but one can dream.

Hmm, I thought we had a slightly longer thread than this for Dokapon Kingdom? Maybe we do and my search skills have let me down. ::shrug: Well anyway, Bozon at IGN has a preview up and it sounds pretty decent!

Since there's no mini-games included, players in Dokapon Kingdom will have to learn the ways of oh so many classic RPG designs before it. You'll begin with a player, select a class for him, and set out into the world with an overall quest (the king deals them out one at a time in the game's campaign mode, or you can play a simple party mode where there's one overall objective). Every turn you'll use items or manage spells, spin a six-numbered dial , and travel anywhere that spinner allows you to with the exact number displayed. Where it takes you, however, will determine how the game truly carries out.

[...]

In fact, outside of Tales of Symphonia's release, this is the closes thing to a RPG experience on Wii.

There's a lot more to it than those two segments so check it out, sounds promising!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/898/898979p1.html

Judging by the graphics, it's a port from the N64...

A Wii game that uses NON of the Wiis features? And is coming out for the PS2?

This game might be fun in multiplayer, but please Atlus, give us a real RPG exclusive to the Wii instead.

This game might be fun in multiplayer, but please Atlus, give us a real RPG exclusive to the Wii instead.
And Shin Megami Tensei 3, Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2, Devil summoner (and leaving best for last) Persona 3 and 4 while you're at it.

C'mon Atlus.

Did you read the Preview, FFS?

Its basically a RPG, only with a great twist, being able to play against another players, and multiplayer RPG *drools*

This is going to be awesome, i already showed videos to my sister so she would buy me the game, without having to make me waste money

(Buahahah, im so evil)

Hmm, I thought we had a slightly longer thread than this for Dokapon Kingdom? Maybe we do and my search skills have let me down. ::shrug: Well anyway, Bozon at IGN has a preview up and it sounds pretty decent!

There's a lot more to it than those two segments so check it out, sounds promising!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/898/898979p1.html

Just read that preview, and I'm going to seriously consider it as I think it looks like it might be pretty good.

Just depends if I can convince my girlfriend to play it with me, as I'm not sure how it'll play in the single player mode. And she's never been into RPG's.

IGN has the review up- 8/10!

Dokapon Kingdom is a game is far from an "anybody" title, but one that RPG fans will certainly want to give a try. Just like most of the other Atlus- published titles out there, it's hitting a smaller niche, but for those that it is aiming at (people that like RPGs, want a light, fun, multiplayer ode to the genre), it's a must-play. You won't want to hit this one up by yourself, but grab a few friends and there are few titles out there on Wii that rival its multiplayer potential. The interface is simple, the graphics PS2-like (though 480p and 16:9 have been added for Nintendo's version), but the gameplay is a blast. Matches can be played over months, one turn at a time, as four players rip through the game's 10-15 hour story mode, or it can be played in bursts, hitting up one mission as a free battle for an hour or so of traditional "party game" entertainment. There's only one "game board" to explore, but it's more a world map than a board at all, with endless potential for strategic play, lots of variation with the missions themselves, mini areas to explore as off chutes from the main area, and plenty of secrets and tricks hidden within. There's more RPG depth here than any game on Wii thus far too, with upgradeable classes, level grinding, lists of skills and items, piles of equipment, and RPG balancing that starts with just four classes and opens it up to over triple that. This is the first time Dokapon Kingdom has come to the states, and the first effort is a simple -- but very entertaining -- one.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/920/920364p1.html

Buy. Buy buy buy!

Edit: When's this out for mainland Europe? None of Belgium's gamesites seem to have it on offer.

I'm quite looking forward to this!

All I need now is to trick three non-rpg-playing friends into joining the fun.

Online would be but a small extra for me here. The fun of it all really seems to be destroying friendships in person, not over the net.

Again, does anybody know if this has hit mainland Europe yet?

I can't really find a date for it anywhere.

I would pick this up assuming I could play it with folk, but since no-one I know would play this with me and it's not online, I might have to pass just now.