N-Europe

Gaming Summer Challenge!

This summer I'm planning on playing a different one of my games every day in order of release. I'm also planning on reviewing every single one of them as I play them. I'll also probably do alot of my NES games over a couple of days as alot of them aren't going to really be enough to last the entire day (though SMB, Zelda, and Metroid will all get days to themselves).

So if anyone is planning on, or wants to do something similar talk about it here.

Something like this will also be alot better with the Virtual Console, especially for those of us who didn't own some of the earlier consoles. This could be a good excuse to buy some classics.

If it's as sunny as last year this could be a decent idea actually! I like the idea of discussing older games. Titles seem to have a HUGE expectation and buzz and then the banter drops off a few months later. (It will be nice to see the second wave of "omg" to SSBB for us Freeloader players.)

Canny idea though :)

2007 was a year where I signed up to ebay.. and stocked up on a lot of games I missed out on for the N64, SNES, GBA, GC, PS1 and Dreamcast (as well as getting games for the Wii..). It was a bit of a mad year.. but as 2008 began I set myself a target to start getting through the games and complete as many as possible..

So far this year I have finished:

Shenmue (DC)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)

SBK (DS)

Elite Beat Agents (DS)

Super Paper Mario (Wii)

No More Heroes (Wii)

Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

Link's Crossbow Training (Wii)

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS)

Diddy Kong Racing (N64)

Wave Race 64 (N64)

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS)

NEW Starfox Command (DS)

NEW Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Wii)

NEW Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (Wii)

NEW The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)

NEW Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS)

NEW Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GC)

NEW Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

NEW Streets of Rage (VC)

NEW Streets of Rage 2 (VC)

NEW Gunbird 2 (DC)

NEW Sega Rally 2 (DC)

NEW Donkey Kong Country (VC)

NEW Donkey Kong Country 2 (VC)

NEW Donkey Kong Country 3 (VC)

NEW Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA)

NEW Banjo Kazooie (N64)

NEW Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS)

NEW Super Hang on (GBA)

NEW GT64 (N64)

NEW Tomorrow Never Dies (PS1)

NEW Gunstar Future Heroes (GBA)

NEW Metroid Prime: Hunters (DS)

Already finished 2 games this summer. I'm trying to polish stuff off so that I can seel off things. I have no room to keep everything anymore and I need some moneytos. I'm waving good bye to a lot of very good games *am cry*

You done No2 yet? Best games ever.

I bought Shenmue 2 for a very good price as I was coming towards the end of the first game (and really wanted to continue the story) but at the time I did not feel like I wanted to jump into the next chapter straight away..

I am currently making my way through Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (though I already completed it on the GC a few years ago..) and dipping in and out of Metroid Fusion and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

I won't be playing it for a while yet until I feel ready to get stuck in.. I need a wee break from all this adventuring (considering I am not long after coming to the end of Harmony of Dissonance) and had a much needed blast on Sega Rally 2 on the Dreamcast over the last couple of days!

• 2 weeks later...